Downer Group logo
Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews for Boilermaker

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good Mate Ship Team Work very safe environment no 1 on Downers list

Work was good because our Supervisors and Management had very good communication skills there was no standing over tactics always reviewed safety concerns every one was on first name relations our ladies were always given great respect go,s with out saying. i would go as far to ray most of us were considered family

Pros

Cons

no con overtime was considered cream on the cake

Great

Great place to work and good bunch of guys.. Well organised and easy approachable. Good safety procedure . Really care about employee safety and well being

A great Company to work for.

I thoroughly enjoy employment with Downer as the Management are great to deal with, answer any questions I have and any problems sorted out immediately. A good work place environment, fellow workers are also ready to do a good days work without any fuss or bother. Always doing a high standard of work and adhering to Safety rules keeping everyone safe.

Very organized in tooling.

They are very organized in tools and the supervisors are easy to work with.I worked few times in bhp port never had a problem in management.great worked environment.

Workplace is good and well ventilated

Company is very supportive to the workers. The management is looking after the workers. The communication between the workers and the management is well planned. It is so good to work this company because there is no decrimination they also avoid bullying, so the workers are working as one and has teamwork. Abuot the salary they give as upto date on weekly basis.

Pros

Byo

Cons

12 hrs daily mon-fri

Boilermaker/ welder

I liked this job they had a family friendly roster 10/4 ... great job .. good leadership team. Well organized. The right gear.. good job to work on..

Pros

Dream roster

Cons

It wasnt long enough

Boilermaker/ welder

The job on Groote would have to be a highlight of my career , bar none... the comraderie was great.. though the work was tough.. we got through it , we had a great leadership team.. and really kicked some goals.. i would go back there on the next expansion...

Pros

Absolute paradise

Cons

Pretty rough old plant

productive and safe work place

Love working with some wonderful supereminent and supervisors. For sure, I would like to go with Downer to their next project and work with some great people.

Only 6 day Shutdown but well organised and good management and team members.

Very Safety focused and well geared and organised and cooperative Management Leadership and Team Members.The job was very spread out and lots of distances by foot had to be covered.

Management change was the end of a great company

Was a great company to work for until recent management changes and what seems to have become a culture of being just a number instead of a valued team member.

Pros

Great team onsite

Cons

Management needs to value their long term employees more

Jobs at Downer Group

Boilermaker positions
See more jobs

Productive and saftey aware

Working at Downer was interesting to work at because of the variety of work that was offered. eg building trains, mining equipment etc. we were given the opportunity to do several course to improve your work skills.

productive great safty focas

I am currently working with downer edi on the mauls creek project during my experience on the project I have found the company to have a fantastic approach to safety with informative interactions and a very approachable attitude to safety concerns with great supervision it makes for a positive work environment

Pros

10 day roster

Cons

travel distance between site and camp

Interesting work, well cared for

Job analysis learnt and experienced pipe welding Management was strong Maintenance on night shift Great roster

Pros

All Types of Welding

Cons

Wet condtitons whilst working with a welder, had to be done with leaks on the pipe heaters
  • Downer Group