Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.3Job Security & Advancement

Interesting and challenging

Great people to work with and interesting projects however financial renumeration that is often promised is not often followed through. I do like the company though and valued my time here.

Downer is a good company to work for

since I began to work for Downer learned a lot of skill, learned how use a variety of machines, that because happen after I got my tickets at Downer excavation,skide steer, roller, Chainsaw, etc, all this tickets enabled me to become multiskilled worker, as matter fact I am proud working for Downer

Short term contract.

It was a short term contract from HP to backfill a full time employee . Excellent corporate culture , good salary and Work life balance. Willing to work there again.

Good salary when working away

job security dependent on winning contracts , a lot of work can be based in different states so if in construction you must be willing to move around.

Downer where at a very good company to work for with a good lifestyle balance of family time and work time look after their workers especially in the

I really enjoyed my time at Downer the works lifestyle was a fast pace sometimes learning on the run a good balance with my family and my work I would recommend them to anyone they look after the people who look after the company when you work for them you represent them I would like to work for them again anywhere any time

I working with Downer for 32 years

I enjoyed working with Downer for 32 years. I gained valuable experience in the time and made many life long friends. I was made redundant after 32 years due to the downturn in the industry. I will utilise the knowledge and experience I gained into my future job positions.

enjoyable workplace with scope for advancement

I enjoyed my time with downer. Id recommend this company to any one looking for stable well paid work. There was a very good balance of work and family life.

Long working days with great people.

Great company to work for with great people working aside you with a great safety culture. Fast paced work environment with opportunity to learn new things and advance your career if you wish to do so.

Contract

The contract changes every few years now the job is being handled by a company called Lend Lease. The job itself was very much a lot of fast responses to vehicle crashes and traffic management.

Very proffessional company

Downer are very well organised and management were the best I've encountered in my career. They have systems in place that are industry leading. The work was challenging and rewarding and however, being a FIFO contract the work/life balance was most challenging (4 weeks on and 1 week off)

Good and fair

Downer is a great place to work everyone is willing to help.after my first week i was part of a well functioning crew so happy for the opportunity Downer gave me.

very easy going work conditions

very understanding at the start Indirect discrimination at the extreme level A lot of promises but no out come Lured into the trap of promotion and as per the company requirements I found out after 2 months there was never such thing team leader position and got pushed away from home which added up one extra hour of travel

Diverse Workload

The group has a complicated structure which gives rise to interesting and varied workload. The culture is political which provides opportunity to improve stakeholder engagement skills.

Good people to work with.

Good work culture , have not hammered us to much so work gets done in time required . If they push too much people leave . Usually good ones first as they have most options. So much work comming up in this sector ,they may need to create different options maybe allow flexability in which segment of the company personal can move too . Otherwise good people have to go to opposition which is dumb.

Pros

Good supervision

Cons

Poor camp logistics and food.

fun and educational

- far from home but a good work environment with a lot of learning opportunities and chances to travel under good management and a strong bind between other companies

Pros

good hours and travel oppurtnities

Cons

far from home

Fast paced, time constraints and limited communication between team members. Poor management and organisation.

Think twice before you decide to work for this company where you meet up with lots of rude colleagues as they prefer to speak their own language rather than English. It's a place where there is no time for morning greetings. There is limited communication between the workers and the company has poor management.

Great Company to work for - I'd work for them again

worked on two great projects in WA. Unfortunately Downer lost both jobs to other companies but it was great while it lasted. Great comraderie across most of the site.

Pros

well paid, no issues

Cons

long rosters were difficult for some

very professional company

A company I enjoyed working with due to the people and the integrity of the downer group, long term work was a bonus and the variety of work also, a company I would highly recommend. also opportunities for advancement and training.

Pros

good roster

Cons

nil

company lacks support and training

company promotes its self as a tier 1 and is well structured but unfortunately this not the case. many personnel are struggling with the recently introduced systems however there is not support to train personnel.

About 3 years late to the party

While a lot of companies have already experimented with outsourcing to offshore contractors, realised it doesn't work, and brought the roles back into local offices - Downer is only just beginning this experiment and there is very little job security. The office in North Ryde is basically the same as any other North Ryde/Macquarie Park office, the pay is around average, sothere is not much incentive that separates it from the many many other corporate jobs in the area. Accept that it is particularly slow, offers very little in the way of growth (both salary wise and personal development), and offers zero perks. I would say it's good for someone looking for short time employment, but even then it's nothing special

Pros

Flexibility (though not all departments are flexible)

Cons

Unsecure; no development; slow moving; no perks/incentives

basketball

: continues work for 6 day's with overtime : improvement of my knowledge to work with and to share my : knowledge to my co worker : always updated for what is going on and what was happening : good environment : is to be a part of it to finished the job safe

Pros

free ute as a transportation

Cons

long hours with overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Downer Group