Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.9Pay & Benefits

So far so good

been three months working for them. Very inclusive and respectful space. Has a lot of systems and management plans, therefore, it takes a while to get someone up to speed. They really care for internal referrals. A typical day at work starts at 7 am and finish it 3:30 pm and would likely take longer. Work is flexible and although they don't pay overtime I get to balance those extra hours by leaving early on a Friday or something. Not much cross-division technical support, since they all operate as separate business entities and one is on their own to solve problems but there's understanding that no one is a know it all. All in all, there are hectic days at work but I see Downer as my new home now.

Pros

Good salary, flexible hours, flexible working arrangements, inclusive culture

Short term contract.

It was a short term contract from HP to backfill a full time employee . Excellent corporate culture , good salary and Work life balance. Willing to work there again.

Supportive Employer

All aspects of Injury Management. Relaxed working schedule, Flexible start Finish times to allow work life balance Safety first. Supportive Leaving Work Colleagues- always ready to assist.

Challenge

Was a good place to work, great opportunity to up skills if you put in the hard work, only problem was the turn over of management, know one knew how long they world last, and all had to many objectives.

Long hours and over worked

Long hours on site expected to go above and beyond, always expected to give more than you recieve. Work groups are very tight knit and can at times be difficult to feel a part of the team.

Good salary when working away

job security dependent on winning contracts , a lot of work can be based in different states so if in construction you must be willing to move around.

great company to work for

Great company to work for, have lot of time for the girls that make effort to get you on the shut downs and as many days as possible . good place to work for and work with the regular boys day in day out

Good to work outside but too much away from home

Night work and away from home too much very little work close to home lacking management support good job for a single person, there safety culture is very good.

Downer where at a very good company to work for with a good lifestyle balance of family time and work time look after their workers especially in the

I really enjoyed my time at Downer the works lifestyle was a fast pace sometimes learning on the run a good balance with my family and my work I would recommend them to anyone they look after the people who look after the company when you work for them you represent them I would like to work for them again anywhere any time

Productive workplace with wonderful people

was lucky enough to be trained by a wonderful person who supported my progression each and everyday. took time to have a chat and coffee and made sure i was understanding the different aspects of my role. always friendly people, fast paced and always a great day there.

enjoyable workplace with scope for advancement

I enjoyed my time with downer. Id recommend this company to any one looking for stable well paid work. There was a very good balance of work and family life.

Long working days with great people.

Great company to work for with great people working aside you with a great safety culture. Fast paced work environment with opportunity to learn new things and advance your career if you wish to do so.

Very proffessional company

Downer are very well organised and management were the best I've encountered in my career. They have systems in place that are industry leading. The work was challenging and rewarding and however, being a FIFO contract the work/life balance was most challenging (4 weeks on and 1 week off)

Pre start, how the job is going, any questions or inquires and then given your job for the day. Was given the opportunity to try new things and to make sure that we all went home at the end of shift to our families. Everyone was great to be around and more than happy to give you advice and let you learn new things.

Pros

Free bbqs

Cons

Good people to work with.

Good work culture , have not hammered us to much so work gets done in time required . If they push too much people leave . Usually good ones first as they have most options. So much work comming up in this sector ,they may need to create different options maybe allow flexability in which segment of the company personal can move too . Otherwise good people have to go to opposition which is dumb.

Pros

Good supervision

Cons

Poor camp logistics and food.

fun and educational

- far from home but a good work environment with a lot of learning opportunities and chances to travel under good management and a strong bind between other companies

Pros

good hours and travel oppurtnities

Cons

far from home

FIFO lifestyle & conditions are similar to other companies

Dynamic fast paced role typical of mining construction projects. Seeing the project evolve and coming to life is very rewarding. Has the usual challenges & time constraints of remote sites.

Very organized in tooling.

They are very organized in tools and the supervisors are easy to work with.I worked few times in bhp port never had a problem in management.great worked environment.

I want to move over to Australia

my Work as water service man is to repair burst water main and service line. I’m really good with people I’m friendly and I work hard. Hardest part of work is when bosses keeps on changing shifts

Fast paced, time constraints and limited communication between team members. Poor management and organisation.

Think twice before you decide to work for this company where you meet up with lots of rude colleagues as they prefer to speak their own language rather than English. It's a place where there is no time for morning greetings. There is limited communication between the workers and the company has poor management.

Very good team, worked great together to get great results

On average would arrive to set up and do quick stocktake and monitor emails and respond and action. would put in requisitions for stock and get early orders ready for customers to come in and pick up, no waiting. Workplace culture was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Downer Group