Drake International Employee Reviews

They have some good Contracts
Purchasing Officer/ Consumables Store (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 May 2019
I enjoyed my time working part time as you can always rely on getting some good working environmenys. You are treated with appreciation always .

Drake have always had a good reputation and will place you in the area that you request.
Pros
Close to my Suburb
Cons
Good hours that suits
Fun
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC9 May 2019
Great place where i learnt so much. It was a role that required your blood and soul. Back then I could deliver this, although with a family now i could not. It was always fun and very long hours. Great learning curve
Pros
Team
Cons
Long Hours
Summary
General administrative (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 February 2019
Standard temporary contracts, sent to various businesses in need of assistance. It is enjoyable to attend different businesses to learn new skills and gain knowledge of what different companies do.
Variety of work
Casual forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 January 2019
Always placed me in positions that I had qualifications and tickets for and also in the areas that I was able to get to work easily and also suitable hours
Productive Workplace with great management
Woolworths Online Truck Loader/Picker (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW9 November 2018
- Loading Trucks through the day
- Learnt how to work in a safe environment by following safety hazards
- Good management
- Workplace culture is great as everyone felt welcomed
- Hardest part of the job is waking up early in the morning
- Most enjoyable part of the job is having the freedom within the workplace
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Early Morning Shifts
easy going
Steel manufacturing over head crane gantry driver (Former Employee) –  Wingfield SA29 October 2018
good company to work for i was with them for nearly 12 months they dont move u from place to place try to keep u in the place people from drake where easy going and easy to talk to
Have had a good experience working for Drake
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albury-Wodonga VIC19 October 2018
Drake International have been very helpful and understanding of my need to be employed as much as possible as a labour hire employee through them and where possible have found me longer or ongoing contracts.
good & knowledgeable work associates
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 August 2018
cold calling on potential clients to get their staff recruitment requirements.
Never give up
appears to change in people and ideas
cooperative and friendly
Obtaining sufficient contracts for recruitment searching
cross pollination of ideas with clients and colleagues
Pros
freedom to find clients
Cons
working hard for little result
christmas parties
Disability Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT7 June 2018
everyday comes with challenges, that is a learning experience.
I really like the job, because I meet different people from different background and learn new thing.
Pros
free lunch
fraudulant job advertisement
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood QLD16 March 2018
Unfair treatment of employees, False job advertisement. The job would be completely different from what you would have applied for. Less work hours than promised.
Totally disgusted
Gofer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 February 2018
Totally sick and tired of being lied to by employment agency’s, they offer you the world then sit back and give you nothing while watching you and your family literally starve because of someone’s inability to follow protocols.
Pros
Horrible
Cons
Horrible
Drake were good
Office Temp (Former Employee) –  sydney25 January 2018
I approached Drake for short term temp work. Only wanted a couple of months work so I can't really comment on the organisation.

The staff I dealt with were very pleasant and the assignments were both enjoyable. Varied work and two completely different industires.

I enjoy temp work but the salary paid doesn't make it a workable long term option.
Pros
temp work
Cons
temp work salary
Drake International
Team Leader, Operations, South Australia (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA16 January 2018
It is not appropriate to provide feedback at this time as this is completely without any measurable validity and is highly subjective to so provide a review in this environment without a sense of balance is inappropriate.
Produtive workplace
Casual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 January 2018
Can have a lot of great work that takes place over a few weeks and also can have a range of different types of jobs. However there are periods were there isn't a large amount of work.
Drake helped me start off in the industry well
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 August 2017
You may think that going to an agency for work might be weird or dodgy but Drake has helped me find work easily and I cannot thank them enough!

Sometimes it is hard when you are on call but really that is what working for an agency is about. It got me to think about what I am doing for the next day and organise for when I may get shifts.

Although sometimes you wont always get work, but you can always ask to do other work that doesnt need certifications or experience to do.
Pros
Organised, Easy to find work, Very Flexible
Cons
You won't always get work
Labouring Contractors with great pay.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT26 July 2017
Drake International is a contracting company that gives its employees labouring work in different areas of construction and renovation. Sometimes very early starts but very good wages and bonuses.
Pros
Great Wages
Cons
Early Starts, sometimes long periods in between work.
Na
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warabrook20 June 2017
Would prefer not to say communication was hard and the salary was over all not so good and being put off on the spot with no explanation was really unfair
Good money
Warehouse Operator, ALDI (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Southport QLD17 June 2017
The workplace was a bit tough but the money was good as they had a bonus structure in place with incentives being paid out every fortnight, sometimes up to $350.
good
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 June 2017
hardly any work find it hard to pay bills. The pay is ok except working days one two days a week the next week no work good choice for people that gets money from centerlink.
Dealing with nasty clients with no support from management
Support Worker/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bligh Park NSW2 June 2017
After being mistreated & abused by a client, my work dropped off to nothing while more support given to offending client. Upsetting situation. 😩Left with emotional problems as a result.
Pros
Not being abused anymore
Cons
Counselling offered but not given, Quickly forgot about by management, left hung out to dry, no assistance or contact, Wages still owing