Drakes Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Drakes Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Australia126 reviews
Very good
Great management team a lot of fun and would recommend if your someone looking for jsut some casual work great place. Really enjoy my time working with them.
Bad management
Management don't look after their workers. Especially those as Casual employees. Even though you show that you are a good worker, they would rather play favourites. Unless you are a suck up, don't expect any shifts.. People in managerial roles do not know how to do their job but are still allowed in that position! High turn over of staff!
Great management
Was trained in different departments in the shop. Staff are very friendly. I still get on the staff that work at drakes calliope. The store is clean and fresh
Pros
Supplied uniforms
Cons
Cut hours big time
fun
easy laid back environment defiantly recommend
i learned how to deal with customers better, management are good to talk to when your ever in trouble, hardest part of the job would've been meeting deadlines
Good place to work for a high school student.
Worked there during school.
Enjoyable and easy work.

Flexible for the most part to work with your schedule.

learnt skills as I went.

Various hours throughout the week.
No explanation
For the start was everything alright but after that started to be more bad, so I think the management for the store they have to have more experience to manage the store. Thank you.
fun workplace
Drakes Supermarket is a fun place to work with a good work life balance I would highly recommend trying to get a job with the company its a great company to work with
Fun working environment
The atmosphere at drakes is super friendly while still being professional. It makes being at work enjoyable and comfortable, so it does not really feel like you are working at all!
Productive and nice work place
In Drakes there are allot of staff members that are always giving their best effort and are always trying to archive professional customer service, always looking alive and well on their feet always looking to serve others when seen waiting or trying to find a certain item.
Average
To enjoy working at drakes it mainly depends on what department you work in. I currently still work there as a part time worker and trained in nearly every department. Working nightfill at drakes (packing load) is a very stressful job and the managers will bully you into working as fast as you can. Grocery is okay. Dairy is good, Front end is easy apart from peak hour. And fruit and veg is easily the most enjoyable department with the least amount of stress
Drakes supermarkets
Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests. Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses. Preparing special orders and party trays, Assisting Deli manager with ordering stock, doing stock-take, daily shrinkage report and managing Deli team.
Supportive and relaxed place to work.
I enjoyed my 10 years with Drakes Supermarket . I made many good friends and learned many skills. I would recommend working for this company if this is your interest.
Review
Quite enjoyed my time and learnt quite a lot. Also found it rewarding giving customers whatever assistance they required. Worked mainly 5 hr shifts. Found this gave me about $525 per week.
good work place, poor management
management pick favourites and give them all the shifts and leaves us who are struggling with money left out. other team members are just plain rude and really should not be working in customer service. obviously all stores are different but this is my experience
Worst management, Toxic environment
Working in the store is detrimental to your health. The staff are usually great, the management is beyond the worst. They stab people in the back and gossip and start fighting worse than in the school yard. Most don’t even know how to do their job. One particular manager steals and upper management just cover it up.
Workplace with a Terrible Atmosphere
I learnt a wide variety of customer service and interpersonal skills while in this job, however, the management were often rude and careless. Myself and other staff members had made formal complaints to management about issues going on within the store which were said they were gonna be addressed, and were instead completely ignored and brushed off. As a result, this caused the deterioration of the mental health of myself and other staff members. It was not an enjoyable job to be in, which is why I decided to leave the job and move to another store.
I needed more hours
I would’ve liked to have heaps more hours as I’m keen to work, sometimes I wouldn’t get work for 3 weeks, I needed money to help pay for financial problems
would be better if i got shifts
drakes started off as an enjoyable place to work and i would get regular shifts however with the new managers that take care of the roster i am frequently getting either 2 shifts a week, one shift a week or no shift at all. As such i am forced to look around for a new job that will actually be able to cater to my cost of living.
Productive and fun environment
I learned many skills during my time at Drakes, I worked with wonderful people and established my passion for customer service through my every day duties
Enjoyable work atmosphere
My time with Drakes was an enjoyable and valuable learning opportunity. I had been trained to run the front end as a manager and thrived on being able to help young workers learn and grow with their positions.
Easy going, school kids accepting, simple to learn
The energy at any store depends on the people and I'd say that at Surrey Downs, the people are pretty great. in the application after the interview, they make you sign a thing that says you'll never put work before school and I thought that was great. Everything you need to know is taught to you, several times if you don't get your head around it at first, it's a great first job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drakes Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.