Drakes Supermarkets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Drakes Supermarkets Management reviews

Australia128 reviews
Great management team a lot of fun and would recommend if your someone looking for jsut some casual work great place. Really enjoy my time working with them.
I worked at drakes for almost two years and experiences great struggle in trying to receive regular shifts and pay every week. I suffered from an injury (not caused by me) and was told not to go to the hospital (chemical burn to my arm), they also told me to not get compensation for the shifts I'd be missing, the staff were great to work with but management needs a change, I didn't receive proper training for either of my positions at drakes
Management don't look after their workers. Especially those as Casual employees. Even though you show that you are a good worker, they would rather play favourites. Unless you are a suck up, don't expect any shifts.. People in managerial roles do not know how to do their job but are still allowed in that position! High turn over of staff!
easy laid back environment defiantly recommend
i learned how to deal with customers better, management are good to talk to when your ever in trouble, hardest part of the job would've been meeting deadlines
For the start was everything alright but after that started to be more bad, so I think the management for the store they have to have more experience to manage the store. Thank you.
management pick favourites and give them all the shifts and leaves us who are struggling with money left out. other team members are just plain rude and really should not be working in customer service. obviously all stores are different but this is my experience
Working in the store is detrimental to your health. The staff are usually great, the management is beyond the worst. They stab people in the back and gossip and start fighting worse than in the school yard. Most don’t even know how to do their job. One particular manager steals and upper management just cover it up.
I learnt a wide variety of customer service and interpersonal skills while in this job, however, the management were often rude and careless. Myself and other staff members had made formal complaints to management about issues going on within the store which were said they were gonna be addressed, and were instead completely ignored and brushed off. As a result, this caused the deterioration of the mental health of myself and other staff members. It was not an enjoyable job to be in, which is why I decided to leave the job and move to another store.
a typical day consisted of serving setting up displays cases cooking chickens stock rotation. i learnt how to work within a team environment and be team player. i found the management very friendly and reliable. workplace culture was very good as they followed strict guidleines and rules within the workplace. the hardest part was sometimes the deep cleaning of the cases. i enjoyed working within a team environment and serving customers.
Pros
working with others
Cons
Drakes has given me a huge opportunity to extend my knowledge and experience, with providing me with hands on and and diploma of mangement learning course. The hardest part of the jobs is knowing the unknown of the future of sales. But it is made easier with the support of senior management.
Pros
Good working conditions
A lot to take in at first but it is a fast-paced job that involves a lot of time with customers. The management was fairly straightforward and the people you work with could relate to any troubles you have. Quite a repetitive job and the hardest part is dealing with tricky and rude customers. The most enjoyable was the moments of silence and a break after a big rush of customers.
Drakes has lovely staff members to work with. Management are good for the most part. They do hire younger staff which affects the hours of older staff members. Hours drop as you get older and more expensive.
Typical day at work is busy but enjoyable. Everyone including customers, management and staff all work hard. Store is handled well, clean and organised. The hardest part of this job would be lifting and climbing up high shelves to reach as it is dangerous.
Pros
Lovely staff and customers
Cons
Dealing with heavy weight and climbing stairs to reach high shelves is dangerous
A typical day would include starting the morning bake and preparation of the products that we need to bake off for the cabinet. Then move onto working out what products need to be made or baked to fill the levels back up.
What I have learned is to work out the best way to do my work in order to be productive and get my list done

Management are good in communicating with me about any issues or customer needs.
My work place culture is Friendly and happy

The Hardest part of my job would be that I am casual and no hours are guaranteed.

The Most enjoyable part it getting everything done and providing high quality for the customers
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Not being a stable income
while i worked here i learned how to stock shelves properly and how to face the shelves i also enhanced my time management skills the hardest part about the job was the heavy lifting but the most enjoyable part of my job was the people who worked there they were good people.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Drakes was my first job and during this time I learnt the ropes in night fill and then got promoted to day fill where I learnt worked as a storemean and eventually completed a retail management traineeship.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
The position advertised said ' run as your own business's every thing is micro managed from what u can order to what u can delete, the company has issues with thinking, perfect job if u don't want to use your brain. Constant issue with state dept managers. Good job but no freedom to help the local community not a bad place to work just not honest about the roles
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Managers don't listion to the people on the ground
Excellent first job and job if you're looking for promotions. Excellent work force experience set me up with great time management and responsibilities
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
High school age orientated
All the Mangers here expect the 2IC are stuck up and are very mean unless your in with their crew and suck up their butts to get eveything
Pros
Some good work members
Cons
Mangers
Port Lincoln store is awesome. All the staff work together and are just like family. Plenty of opportunities for career advancement and the management is fantastic!
Pros
Going to work is fun
Cons
Lots of weekend work
was good to work in, great environment, but management is flawed, which sometimes brings the atmosphere down, but good nonetheless
Pros
free products
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drakes Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.