Dreamworld Employee Reviews

an enjoyable place to work
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coomera QLD12 April 2019
all employees are friendly and considerate
bubbly atmosphere and positive environment
excellent opportunity for adapting communication and customer service skills
Pros
uniform provided and laundered each shift
Great colleagues, terrible management and communication
Retail Sales Assistant and Photographer (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD21 February 2019
Been working with the company for several years now. I don't know how i have managed to stay with them for as long as i have. Be prepared for countless cancelled shifts, horrible communication between departments and being abused by guests. However, i had my some incredible friends while working here. Everyone knows that is can be a horrible place to work so we all look after each other and stick together
Pros
Made lifelong friends
Cons
Shift inconsistencies, lack of communication
Great and fun place to work
Store management (Former Employee) –  Coomera QLD11 February 2019
Dreamworld was a very fun workplace, very calm. Was able to meet lots of different people from different cultures. Managed the buzz saw photos and store alone. Cash handling and merchandising, stock take and a lot of face to face contact with staff and customers.
dreamworld
Retail Internship (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD3 February 2019
i had great fun at dreamworld! there was nothing wrong with the way they ran their business. Rosters and dry cleaned uniforms were always ready to go, the staff were so kind hearted and they all loved what they did. which made it the most enjoyable time there, knowing i could go to work and feel comfortable in my work space.
Pros
retail shops always easy to manage
Cons
Super fun workplace, very friendly
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coomera QLD29 January 2019
Dreamworld is a dream to work at, it's atmosphere is bubbly and enjoyable, and customers are almost always in a great mood when they come for food and coffee. Most days for the typical staff member start by simply showing up, donning your uniform, serving customers, some cleaning and enjoying yourself while doing so. I've learnt more about being myself while serving and ensuring customers needs are met, and management is on the ball every day. It has a great culture, accepting of everyone.
Pros
Great employee benefits, fun workplace
Cons
Casual staff aren't kept around long
Other staff become your family
Photo Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coomera QLD8 December 2018
The hardest part about leaving Dreamworld was leaving my workmates - who I'd become so close with it kept me there 3 years longer than I actually wanted to be.

Unfortunately, most back-of-house staff members (eg: management) don't care about the staff themselves and use them as a disposable commodity. Generally, the mindset is "If you don't like it, leave - and if you want to speak your mind, don't".

When it comes to negotiating new EBAs there is NO budge from DW either. They give you the bear minimum that is legal and never actually negotiate with what staff want and only threaten to not BACKPAY the staff when the vote isn't returned to support what the company wants straight away.
Pros
Other staff members, location, ability to move across departments/areas
Cons
Rotating rosters, management, the company as a whole.
Great place but not great hours.
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD12 October 2018
Working for Dreamworld was great, awesome people, kind faces, really good food and discounts for staff. The only downfall is really poor hours. It is such a great place but for an employee as a seasonal casual, hours can be very difficult.Only 5-10 shifts for a whole month and they have openly discussed another set of casuals will be hired. I was told that calling up would be a great option but unfortunately that is not the case. I'm grateful for the opportunity but not happy as I am forced to find another job to fill the shifts in between.
Pros
Lovely People.
Cons
Not enough shifts.
Former employee at Skypoint
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD17 August 2018
Staff are great but management have no idea and don't really know what's going on. Wouldn't recommend to work there as shifts are limited and no support.
Pros
View
Cons
Management and hours
Fun Place to Work
Dancer and in-park character performer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD6 August 2018
I enjoyed working in the show at Dreamworld. The pay was good, there was free parking, and my direct manager was good. The workplace culture was not very inclusive but perhaps I needed more time there. The best part was performing, doing something I enjoy and being paid for it.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Culture not always friendly
Very fun and amazing workplace
Guest services host (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 May 2018
Dreamworld and white water world is an amazing work place experience one of a kind, so many friendly people and unique fun personalities. Working here was a dream job.
Pros
Kind employees, supervisors and the best environment.
Cons
not enough hours wish i was given more
Fun working environment, everyday was different
Lifeguard and ride operator (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD7 May 2018
I worked in the water park (white-water world) section of Dreamworld and I did both a lifeguard position as well as a slide attendant position, both of which I enjoyed thoroughly. I found that the workplace was almost like a family to me, loving both the people I worked with and the management in charge of the facility. the hardest part of my job within White-water World would have been making sure that you were constantly aware of what everyone else was doing within your area and preventing anything from happening that was in my control. I loved the work which made everyday easy for me. I found the most enjoyable part of my day at this work place to be the people I was surrounded by and the different faces we had coming into the park. I loved meeting different people everyday.
Pros
longer hours in the summer
Cons
shorter hours in the winter
Excellent company to work, staff incentives, staff reviews
Senior Wildlife Officer (Former Employee) –  Coomera QLD22 March 2018
Start with preparing animal diets, then cleaning enclosures. Learned to work well with a competitive team. Liked doing presentation talks and communicate with the public. Great management team as well.
Pros
The company gave recognition to their employees
Cons
Can be physical work
Productive, fun, Great people to work with, lot of responsibilities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD Coomera10 September 2017
I was honored to be given the opportunity of working at Dreamworld for the past 12 months. in this time, I learned to offer great customer service, learn to take responsibilities for the cafe, how to work in a team and work with different people.
Pros
Free Lunches
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD31 August 2017
fun action packed place to work and to meet people from all over the globe. Always busy with new stores to work in fun friendly staff members, a pleasure to work at Dreamworld
Pros
Meeting people from around the world
Fun place to work hard
Food and Beverage Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Food and beverage27 August 2017
Varied role. Awesome work team. Hard work. Customer service. International guests. Great work culture, inclusive family. struggling to find its way currently.
Horrible
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 July 2017
The environment was good but hours were not good I didn't mind it to much pay was alright very strict but had some good sides to it as well was goldcoast located
Productive and fun workplace
Attractions, ride and slide attendant (Current Employee) –  Coomera QLD2 May 2017
I learned a lot about working as part of a team, the management was good. Very multi-cultural place to work for. The hardest part of the job would be having to work in the heat, the best part of the job would be the amazing guest interaction.
Pros
working in a world wide recognised theme park
Cons
Limited hours, shifts not always garenteed
Hard work doesn't always pay off...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD25 April 2017
I feel like I worked so hard and never had the opportunity to advance even when told I was able to during our interview. There wasn't good communication between supervisors and staff and I think a lot of people feel they are treated unfairly. I do love the place and the people, but I'm happy that I am out.
Pros
Awesome staff discounts, staff lunches, family work functions
Cons
Not much hours
fun place to work
Guest Services Host (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 April 2017
very busy
opportunity to display excellent customer service
good management and very giving
its always nice and great working atmosphere at Dream world
Pros
nice xmas gifts
Cons
low pay
Dreamworld is a very calm colective working environment I've enjoyed going to work there for work expierance
Prestos cafe (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD19 January 2017
Dreamworld is an amazing place to work, everyone is friendly and will listen to what ever you have to say I like working at dreamworld because your always socialising with people so your never alone the workers are friendly. It's just an axing place to work :)
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Standing for long periods of time