Dreamworld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Dreamworld Employee Reviews

Australia58 reviews
As I am only a casual staff member, my workplace benefits were very minimal. However, the workplace and the culture was of a good level. I received adequate training for the role of lifeguard and as a result of that, I have my Royal Life Saving Society Queensland (RLSSQ) Pool Lifeguard Certification.
The pay I received for the work that I did was sufficient, especially over summer, however as the intensity of work dropped after the summer holidays, the continuation of work was something that was at the forefront of a lot of casual staff members minds.

We were advised that the workplace would remain open as long as possible after the outbreak of COVID-19, but not even 3 hours later we had received an email stating that work would be suspended for 2 months at the minimum. The majority of staff members would also not be paid, unless they utilised their accrued leave, which left many staff members in financial limbo.
A great experience. Open group informative session on the background of Dreamworld. The different functions of each division, and the opportunities to move around in career to these divisions. A fun interview, very interactive.
the best part of the job is creating happy memories for guests. Staff benefits are good, and get me meet people from around the world. good work/ life balance.
the job started off amazing was a great environment to work in but over the last 6 months everything's gone down the drain they treat seasonal casuals better then their part time staff (gives casuals more hours then permanent staff even in off season times) really disappointing showed so much potential but now the staff are treated just like a number. they bend rules only when it suits them but not when it suits general staff.
Pros
plenty of free time
Cons
casuals treated better then Part time staff
Long time staff get treated worse than seasonal staff. Favoritism is very prominent. Management has gone down hill, hire anyone who does not fit the job. Desperate to meet quotas rather than staff that can do their job.
I personally loved this job, lots of casual hours around holiday season. However not many hours to go around in off-peak periods. Workplace culture was a highlight for me.
Dreamworld is an excellent place to work and i recommend it to anyone who is struggling to look for a job. A typical day at dreamworld (e.g. F&B) would include restocking the drinks fridge, serving customers, delivering meals and drinks to the customers at the Front of House, cooking the food, preparing the food, washing all the equipment used for cooking the food, wrapping the burgers, etc at the Back of House. What i learned when i first started is you have to be quick with a certain task that you are completing, whether it's serving the customers or restocking the drinks fridges, you have to make sure everything is done in a quick matter. The most enjoyable part of working at dreamworld is working with a group of other employees who are very nice, very friendly and will help you with any tasks that you don't understand. Overall i love working at dreamworld and i highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a job.
I completely hated working for Dramworld. During and after the tragedy, training wasn't never conducted by trained people. I was trained by someone not trained on my ride, then other person came and trained them. It made me scared and I completely lost faith in that theme park It was very much like a high environment.
This is a great place to work if you are only looking for seasonal work, there is no opportunity to advance and further your career. You will be expected to be available 7 days a week, however you will not be guaranteed hours, you will never know what your roster is any more than 7 days in advance.
Working at Dreamworld was really good in my experience especially for someone who may study or even has a second job as they are extremely flexible and always gave plenty of notice to work with. You can go into work early or stay behind after a shift to enjoy the rollercoaster rides or visit the inclosured animals they have 😄 it's fast paced work environment and very chill staff
The staff are friendly to work with. Working hours are usually daylight hours. Staff canteen menu changes everyday and the prices are really good. Uniforms are supplied and washed at Dreamworld.
If you get offered a job, don't take it. I was a ride operator and got given 1 shift a week. I stayed for 5 months and told I'd get more shifts. I kept asking and asking Rostering and supervisors for more shifts. I was a really good worker, great with guests. I eventually quit. You will be lucky to get one shift a week here. Even when I was asking for more shifts and calling Rostering every morning to say i was available to fill any sick shifts, I never got a call back. Then they decide to hire more seasonals, even though all of my other seasonal friends were getting the same (1 shift a week) as me.

They overhire like crazy at very intake, to only give every person one shift a week which leads to half of the intake to quit. It's a never ending circle, they say they overhire because every one quits, but that's the exact reason why people quit. My cousin got a job in another department and the exact same thing happened. Dont even bother accepting a job here. They're a time wasting company with horrendous mismanagement. Worst employer I have ever worked for. Run!
Pros
Friendly low level staff
Cons
Horrendous upper management staff
I had a great time working here, absolutely love it.. I only left due to family commitments and having to leave the state due to a family emergency. Would love to have the opportunity to work there again
Wonderful staff and co-workers
Great experience interacting with Tigers

Great experience interacting with Koalas

Fun environment

Amazing perks

Flexibilty
Liked the people and the job, was there at a bad time really, things just went really quiet, and was made redundant. Would go back if and when things pick up.
Pros
Great co workers, good job.
Cons
Low pay, seasonal hours.
all employees are friendly and considerate
bubbly atmosphere and positive environment

excellent opportunity for adapting communication and customer service skills
Pros
uniform provided and laundered each shift
Been working with the company for several years now. I don't know how i have managed to stay with them for as long as i have. Be prepared for countless cancelled shifts, horrible communication between departments and being abused by guests. However, i had my some incredible friends while working here. Everyone knows that is can be a horrible place to work so we all look after each other and stick together
Pros
Made lifelong friends
Cons
Shift inconsistencies, lack of communication
Dreamworld was a very fun workplace, very calm. Was able to meet lots of different people from different cultures. Managed the buzz saw photos and store alone. Cash handling and merchandising, stock take and a lot of face to face contact with staff and customers.
i had great fun at dreamworld! there was nothing wrong with the way they ran their business. Rosters and dry cleaned uniforms were always ready to go, the staff were so kind hearted and they all loved what they did. which made it the most enjoyable time there, knowing i could go to work and feel comfortable in my work space.
Pros
retail shops always easy to manage
Cons
Dreamworld is a dream to work at, it's atmosphere is bubbly and enjoyable, and customers are almost always in a great mood when they come for food and coffee. Most days for the typical staff member start by simply showing up, donning your uniform, serving customers, some cleaning and enjoying yourself while doing so. I've learnt more about being myself while serving and ensuring customers needs are met, and management is on the ball every day. It has a great culture, accepting of everyone.
Pros
Great employee benefits, fun workplace
Cons
Casual staff aren't kept around long
The hardest part about leaving Dreamworld was leaving my workmates - who I'd become so close with it kept me there 3 years longer than I actually wanted to be.

Unfortunately, most back-of-house staff members (eg: management) don't care about the staff themselves and use them as a disposable commodity. Generally, the mindset is "If you don't like it, leave - and if you want to speak your mind, don't".

When it comes to negotiating new EBAs there is NO budge from DW either. They give you the bear minimum that is legal and never actually negotiate with what staff want and only threaten to not BACKPAY the staff when the vote isn't returned to support what the company wants straight away.
Pros
Other staff members, location, ability to move across departments/areas
Cons
Rotating rosters, management, the company as a whole.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dreamworld. Our community is ready to answer.