Dropbox Employee Reviews

N/a
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 April 2019
It was a very welcoming place to work. I learned time management skills. I review past resumes and entered previous employment and where they graduated from.
Pros
free lunch, breakfast, and dinner
what i learned
Senior Recruiter, Product, Growth, IT & People (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA27 March 2019
Dropbox was awesome at scaling and building via team work. Good mentorship programs, support from upper and middle management was great. People are happy at work.
Pros
great culture
Cons
none to speak of.
The job would be very awesome with the exception of the management... nobody seems to care about anything or anyone other than themselves!
Prep Cook/Line Cook/Server/Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 March 2019
Dropbox is a stagnant and septic environment filled with people who only care about themselves. Whether you’re an actual Dropboxer or a member of the kitchen staff hired out by Acrobat outsourcing, you will be treated like a second rate citizen at best! The people that work here are entitled and self-absorbed. It is not a place to work if you value courtesy, equality, and a sense of family! Period!
Pros
Free meal.
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Very Beautiful Place to Be Employed
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA1 February 2019
I Loved it , however I had a death in the family and couldn't go back to San Francisco. And there are still open positions. Dropbox Chef's are very keen on who they employ, one must be skilled and possess a very Professional Attitude at all time. Which is always to be projected at all times.
To many contracts jobs and less full time opportunities
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA27 January 2019
Not a lot of opportunities for contractors working at Dropbox HQ. Company seems to hired workforce out of the country and less opportunities USA wkrs.
Pros
Great company perks such as free meals
Cons
Lock of full time opportunities for contractos at Dropbox
Dropbox Sales
Account Executive - Promotion (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 December 2018
The people make the company worth wild. Dropbox has done a tremendous job cultivating a culture that gets you excited to come to work everyday. That, plus they have the best food ever!
Fun place to work
G4S Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 December 2018
Dropbox was very professorial, I dont have any bad to say about the company. I moved on to move up in my carrier, I had to go to a different site to move up.
Fun place to work
Senior Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA29 November 2018
People here are smart and experienced. You can learn a lot from them. Company has clear strategy and vision and keeps pushing for innovation. Product is market leader and has high quality compare to competitors.
Fun to boring
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 November 2018
Dropbox was a fun company to work for pre-IPO because the company would invest with the employees. Happy hour on Fridays are always fun. After IPO the culture at Dropbox seemed lost.
Pros
Food
Dropbox does everyone spectaculary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 October 2018
I have been here a few months now and I am still astounded by the offerings.

Dropbox invests in you not as an asset but as an individual, everybody is treated with trust and given a channel to provide feedback.

Their transparency still strikes me as a confident move that acts as a conduit to invite its employees to be the same.

Management atm for my team is currently state side but we receive feedback asap.

Most enjoyable is the employees and the work, everyone is focused on being the best version of themselves.

The american company can give off a vibe of "Culty" but in no way enforces your participation.

If an employer that treats you well, invests in your health and makes sure to have you looked after, Go Dropbox
Pros
Free meals, snacks, lunches, whiskey friday, ALL the endless perks.
Cons
Bathroom dryers could be better
Seasoned Sales Reps Beware
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY5 September 2018
Dropbox is a great company with many perks and a lot of smart people. Middle management is relatively young and inexperienced. Enterprise sales strategy is evolving and as a result compensation and quotas may not necessarily be realistic. The majority of revenue is generated via direct to consumer marketing efforts and enterprise sales doesn't receive the same attention.
Pros
Free food. Great onsite chef in San Francisco HQ.
Cons
Young managers.
Culture and control issues
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 June 2018
The company doesn't walk the talk. They say all the right things during the interview process and have a very welcoming on-boarding; however, once within the company too many legacy people have control that limits change, scale and growth.

I have seen many people, especially senior level, come in eager and excited only to be told not to overstep in areas that are cross functional in nature. The very people meant to move the business forward are the ones that are holding it back. Governance, controls and standards are needed but resisted by those that are abusing the level of their authority and the co-founders are so blind to it all.
Not a really good company to work for
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX16 May 2018
No room for growth, they promise something and never follow through, managers are always on top of you. would not recommend working there, if you management always on top of you its fine.
Young Company Poor Management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX5 April 2018
Opportunities for Advancement were very limited. Management was young and largely unable to help develop talent. Food perks and benefits were the highlight of the experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
learning and advancment
good culture
Summer intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 February 2018
really liked the culture and the people i worked with, only thing is the dublin office is just one big sales office whcih does not offer any challenging roles
Great Place
Sr. Recruiter (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX19 November 2017
I love the culture Dropbox created. The people are the nicest group of folks I've ever worked with and they were one of my favorite things about the company. The work life balance and loved the food were pluses too!
Pros
People, food, culture
Cons
not enough FT work
No strategic alignment, political management game
Channel Partner Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA2 November 2017
While Dropbox tries to maintain a positive culture for the people, the management is living in the cloud without a sense of direction. They change direction multiple times then blame the employee for not attaining results. They don't truly care about the people and take the time to listen to them.
Pros
amazing food
Cons
no direction, not caring about the customer, "we are the best" mentality with no remorse for reality of businesses
Disorganized & Inexperienced Management
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 August 2017
I was ridiculously excited to start working here as I've been a fan of the company for a long time. As the months wore on, it became painfully clear that the leadership was severely lacking in knowing how to properly execute the running of a company. They are great with building the product, and the product itself is much better than the current competition, but without the leadership in place I fear that the competition will quickly be able to surpass us in our overall goals. Management is inexperienced, young and so sure in their abilities that they think things are fine the way that they are. Most of the management in place has grown with the company, so they are young and have never really worked outside of Dropbox or any company larger than 1,000 people. This seeps out in the disorganization across the orgs and in being able to hire the right talent.
Pros
Free lunches & snacks, gym onsite in SF, great benefits
Cons
Disorganized & ineffective management/leadership
Dropbox, A great place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX9 August 2017
During my time working for Dropbox, I met a lot of amazing people and learned skills that I will continue to use for the rest of my life. it is a great place to get you're feet wet.
New VP is terrible
Enterprise Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX3 July 2017
Dropbox is a great company, but with the addition on a new VP, it's becoming a nightmare. She changed the dynamics and make it hard to bare. I think when they omit her, things will get better.
Pros
Food and peers
Cons
New leadership is TERRIBLE. People are leaving rapidly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dropbox. Our community is ready to answer.