DUKES Employee Reviews

Lead server (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CA25 March 2019
loved working here, shouldn't have ever left. Great staff, great discounts and so much fun everyday because we work on the beach! Loved every minute of it.
Fun and enjoyable however very physical
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 September 2018
When starting at dukes i was bar backing for 2 years until i was legally old enough to serve drinks. Through my years as a barback i learned a good work ethic and how to be a reliable employee. I eventually went on to be the barback supervisor which gave me great levels of responsibility and autonomy. The work was enjoyable as i was working with people that i got along well with and could therefore enjoy myself whilst being at work. The hardest aspect of it was the sheer amount of stock that i constantly had to supply the bar with.
Pros
staff food
Cons
physically draining work
Learning experience to say the least
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York State23 July 2018
Even though it was not the best place to work I did enjoy my time here and learned a lot. Most of what I learned was what not too do. Which can be just as valuable as what to do.
kitchen porter
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 April 2018
Working at Dukes does getting busy I've learned all different type of dish.I enjoyed working and meeting new peoples the hardest part was making sure all food preps was done before the services.
Pros
free luch and dinner
Hello
Bar Staff, Food and Beverage Services (Former Employee) –  Manchester27 March 2018
I like this place,it's very busy and the people there is very nice.I like the payment and everything about this restaurant is very good i have i good expirience tehere.
Pros
free lunches
Exciting work environment
Handyman -A1 (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 November 2017
I really enjoyed working with the Dukes franchise when I did. I was the best. I ate and worked, worked and ate. I also got paid big bucks. There was a lot of respect giving from my supervisory core. I would love to work there again. Maybe when work peaks.
Fun work place boss is great
Cashier /driver (Former Employee) –  Fowlerville, MI28 May 2017
I've worked their for a year or so never was abad moment we made pizzas with no power and still made it on just a generator we worked on getting your pizza with no power
Pros
Layed back and easy
Cons
Slow days
Machine operator
Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA16 March 2017
Loved being a waitress here. I've met a lot of good people when I was there. It stayed out as a summer thing while I was in school. But I stayed longer. The tips were great and at The end of my shift I couldn't believe it. Very nice environment to be apart of and they have great food as well.
good place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  القاهرة الجديدة18 October 2016
start my work by knowing every thing happened in the previous shift to continue the action plane and after that make speed briefing to divide the tasks to staff and etc..
- what i learn : working under pressure and make alot of things in the same time
- management : good but need more knowledge and creating.
- co-worker : they do our best.
-the hardest part in the job : the low of staff make u do all things in one time so u must be curious and attention all time .
-the most enjoyable part of job : the challenge .
Great Place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UT8 February 2016
I would show up to work and go through my of checking emails and going through and processing paperwork. I learned how to use a new program as well as file IFTA taxes and get permits. I loved working with management they were understanding and just overall good people to work for and with.
people are awesome that work there manager is rude to customers and employees
Installer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI2 February 2016
great job just management needs to be replaced the manager of both saginaw and bay city store was very rude and didnt care for any of his employees
Pros
the work
Cons
manager
Fast pace, fun and enjoyable
Sales / CSR (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MO18 January 2016
This was a good job. Fun to see the same customers year after year return. Selling the newest products every year was fun. The pay was good. This is a seasonal job.
Pros
fun
Cons
seasonal
Fun place to work.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UT30 January 2015
The day started around 5 a.m. Hauled loads out as needed, worked in the shop as needed. My management was great to work for. They became very good friends of mine. My co-workers were also great to work with. we helped each other out as much as possible. The hardest part was not knowing when I would have family time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not knowing when I would be home with my family.
fun company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tehuacana, TX15 January 2015
I liked the company truck.I was able to do a lot for the community at this company. Very laid back president.Family run business.
Hard work but rewarding.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Salford, ENG10 July 2014
A typical day at work consisted of starting behind the bar as customer flow increased and serving customers drinks and making cocktails. some days i was required to serve at functions such as weddings which involved greeting guests and serving food and drinks.

I learned many skills in this role such as the ability to multi-task, serving multiple customers at once, as well as this we were given cocktail making classes.

The management were very good, and handling the staff very well especially during busy periods and often lead by example getting stuck in behind the bar with us.
Good Pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UT3 April 2014
Mechanic on duty, pick your own schedule. Days off are easy to get. Family friendly and family owned.
Pros
Pay, and time
Cons
oil field hard to keep continuos pay
the best job ever
Bartender/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Great Bend, KS25 March 2014
A typical day at Dukes consisted of a lot of smiling faces the minute you walked through the door! I LOVED THAT JOB!!!
Team work was amazing from the front door to the back door is was a really awesome place to work! There wasn't really a hard part of the job and I mean that if there has to be a hard part it would of been when we had a line of customers waiting to pay and feeling a tad bit over whelmed but still it was awesome, my boss was right there if I needed her! The most enjoyable part is just being around everybody and meeting new people! The environment of Dukes was amazing!
Learned some life lessons
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO27 August 2013
Found out that the company was going out of business quickly. I stayed on as long as possible to try to help but it still went out of business. It was a good life lesson for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DUKES. Our community is ready to answer.