Dun & Bradstreet Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 July 2019
Management are insane, micromanaging to the point that you are tearing your hair out. They actually scream at you, it's very abusive. The CEO will scream at customers to the point that they are bleeding clients due to management. The issues are from the top down so don't think you can go in there and manage up. Very sexist, with the CEO making comments about women clients physical appearance on teleconferences with 20 people or more laughing with him. High turnover of staff due to terrible atmosphere. Do not work here.
Pros
Some of the people you work with
Cons
Everything else
No worth the effort
Finance and Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC13 June 2018
Having worked for over 27 Years in Credit, AR and Risk and with some very hight profile National and Multinational entities, I will make this brief - the new management has to be the worst I have ever encountered.
The people you worrk with are nice.
Recovery Associate (Current Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA2 May 2018
The people that you work with are the nice ones. Unfortunately there are some bad apples in the general public that bring the whole vibe down. You can go all day with out talking to one of them, then you get one and the rest of the day is not the best,
Pros
Fruit is supplied.
Cons
You will need a thick skin to put up with some very abusive people.
An excellent place to grow and learn
Data Services & Insight Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 April 2018
Dun & Bradstreet, Australia is a great workplace. It has vibrant culture, excellent training programs, multiple learning opportunities and growth path.
It was a fun place to work with work life balance
Analyst/Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2018
Learnt a lot on the job
Was given ample opportunities to pursue my interest
Perfect work-life balance
Supportive colleagues and seniors
Team outings and get togethers
Good place to work, always initiating new ways to improve performance and workload of employees, great benefits.
Debt manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 August 2017
Dun & Bradstreet is great for experience if you are patient, persistent and have willingness to learn.

As a collector taking on other duties it is appreciable to showcase your ability and gain more experience for future rolls.

Overall a good company.
Pros
Great facility, good management.
Cons
No room for progression. Alot of staff turnover.
Lovely colleagues is all that can be said.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 May 2017
A typical day usually began with a feeling of dread; what new surprises would have been set up to further management goals at the expense of staff. Springing shifts to different departments with no notice or consultation. Management extraordinarily nepotistic.
Pros
Good friends made.
Cons
Feeling as though you are not valued and easy to let go of.
productive and fun workplace
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 February 2017
productive and fun workplace. lots of opportunities, great work environment and management.
had a great time working here.
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC6 February 2017
was my first job out of the uni, and this gave me a real exposure to the office environment. lot of team work and motivation required for this role

was my foundation for the jobs and challenges ahead
Pros
fun place
Cons
monotonous at times
Great work environment in the collectors area
Debt Collector (former) (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD8 January 2017
No training provided what so ever, you learn as you go. I worked in the Brisbane Milton office some of the employees are great and others well not so great. The management is very bad with sticking to their words. If you hit target you'll be lucky enough to even get your bonus for they have added more on to your kpi's and this is once you've hit your commission so they don't have to pay you. I waited 4 weeks to get my first pay and than once I got that I got fired for apparently not doing my job, and talking to people, who I was only asking on what to do for there was no th raining provided and I wanted to do my job properly.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this office unless they change the management
Pros
Relaxed environment with work mates
Cons
Poor management
Great atmosphere but very poor training
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, St. Kilda26 October 2016
Great atmosphere to work in but very poor training. No system training is provided and you are expected to learn on the spot. No transaction training is provide either. Once again, you teach yourself as you go. All legal requirements is pumped into you so that they cover the legality side of things but then you are on your own.
Pros
Free breakfast / Lunch
Cons
Bad management
Great place to learn skills and achieve
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 February 2016
Great team, good for people looking for somewhere to hone skills in customer service, empathy and to learn regarding the several gaps in finances in our society today regarding the scales which income and expenditure operate at. The useless psychology behind the punishment rather than the preventative and how through financial control over not much really, disillusionment creeps into the collective psyche.
Pros
excellent team
Cons
suit people starting out, as salary has been sheared to justify the work.
Professionally handle disputes and enquiries whilst maintaining a highest level of customer service.
Contract- Support & Dispute Resolutions Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW9 November 2015
Daily recording of cheques received from DMS debtors that requires recording in a register as well as physically banking
Also I had to liaison with external Building Management Team for the day to day operations.
Action/respond to all written and verbal communication with assigned customers and debtors in a timely and professional manner.
Maintain and monitor accounts/disputes in the NSW inbox.
Assistant Manager in Commercial Credit Risk
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia8 June 2014
• Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting to APRA, Board, Audit & Risk Committee, Credit Committee and Management , detailing and analysing exposures, providing comparisons and trends, prescribed and specific provisions, Key Risk Issues and large exposure information.
• Provide advice to business units, management and board committees on trends, risks and opportunities
• Conduct periodic reviews of the Risk Register, Risk Treatment Plans and Operating Loss events.
• Analyze and interpret financial statements and cash-flow projections and provide accurate historical summary explaining reasons for trends.
• Calculating collective provisions and stress testing.
• Liaise with Group Credit Bureau, Business banking and other units within Risk.
• Coordinate the completion of monthly returns i.e overdrafts , provisions, etc
• Provide feasibility reports on potential projects for lending purposes.
• Complete Credit Submissions, Credit Reporting Memo, Credit Memorandums, annual reviews of existing customers and general file diary notes.
• Coordinate timely settlement of expired and restructured facilities and ensuring proposals are of an acceptable standard and within the guidelines.
• Maintain high credit standards by reviewing and monitoring of Credit approvals and processes for commercial clients.
Productive, busy company
Senior Collections (Former Employee) –  Brisbane23 January 2014
Dun & Bradstreet Limited is a good company if you are prepared to work and strive for outcomes. Senior Management was great and we were allowed to show our creativity and abilities without interference...until one day...you know what I mean. Overall a good company, I worked with a couple of very special people, alot of staff turnover.
Pros
Good Morning Teas
Cons
Hugh Staff Turnover and alot of files
great work place
Collections officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Kilda, S14 October 2013
enjoyed the working environment, great people, great workplace