Dusk
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Dusk Employee Reviews for Manager

3.3Work–Life Balance

Dusk provided me with basic store manager training and helped increase my customer skills.

What a mistake

To anyone considering working for this company please for your own health and sanity don't do it . I wish I had listened to what other people had said about working here. Horrible stressful work environment. No respect, it's all about the money and reaching KPIs and there is no support for staff or proper training processes , constant harassment

Nice Product but terrible state management

Higher management tend to pick ‘favourites’ and marginalise others. Will be very happy with you one day and act rudely towards you the next. Can also be quite passive aggressive and gossipy. Very intense focus on KPIs. Even if you make budget, if you haven’t sold enough lighters or signed enough people up, it’s not treated as an achievement. Expectation that employees are bubbly and positive 24/7 and criticism for any down days is difficult.

Pros

Lovely product, other casual team are great

Cons

Bad management, promoting favourites, regardless of your overall skills you will be slammed for a bad day.

No work/life balance, rosters are lousy. Very little support from Area Manager or Cluster Manager.

Upselling and add ons are a huge part of KP's, even if you made budget for the day they would get on your back about not selling enough lighters. Little support from upper management when first started. Team Members were great to work with.

Pros

Small staff discount on products

Cons

Long hours, no work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dusk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Dusk
  • Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?