Dusk
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Dusk Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

3.3Work–Life Balance

Professional and Productive Workplace

I only worked here a short time but in the time learnt many new skills that I can now use in my future careers. It is a team environment and everyone has a fair go.

Excellent place to work

If you are looking for a place to further pursue your passion for customer service and face-to-face sales, then give Dusk a go. It was fantastic having the opportunity to work in such an incredible friendly and successful business

Fun and Collaborative Environment

You get to interact with customers and work collaboratively with other team members on how to upsell best, as well as being trained by caring and patient trainers.

Waste of almost 3years.

This was honestly a waste of of almost 3years,, the only training you get is online which is always out of date. If you do not meet ALL of your KPI’s even just 1 then you need to explain why, which if everyone knew why they would be making all KPI’s. You are expected to sell so many $15 lighters and $10 rewards each shift which even the best sales person can struggle with this. If you do not meet your requirements then the next weeks following shifts can be stripped from you until you prove yourself. The state managers come into store and disrespectfully talk down about team members calling them a waste of space and critising even store managers. You as a casual can be very lucky to get 3hrs a week unless someone is away or sick then u are expected to take on each shift followed by being cut down when you are not needed. I believe you can NOT go anywhere within this company unless you are happy with minimum shifts and are a yes sir no sir type of person. If you are not the state managers favourite person I store you really have no chance they will cut your shifts to get rid of you rather than providing feedback. The positive is that you can meet some great team within the store but it does depend which store you are in.

Pre good

I loved working at Dusk, staff were all friendly and helpful. They always had smiles on their faces and were always happy to be working. Management was good and were all on top of what they had to do.

christmas casual

I worked with the company over Christmas friendly team great experience when learning about products and how to sell them to customers. The hours are long during the Christmas months but this can work well for students trying to work after school.

Calm, clean and friendly working environment.

A friendly working environment in a beautiful and calm store with management giving wanted and constructive criticism. Employees are taught about the products so customers are able to have the best experience.

Clean and beautiful place to work

It's a beautiful place to work with great products and reasonable prices. The team I work with though are competitive, bossy (unreasonably so) and are too serious.

Pros

Good pay and a beautiful place to worl

Cons

Competitive and unfriendly colleagues

Not worth it

There is an enormous amount of focus that is placed on customer service, therefore this causes a large amount of stress and pressure on employees. Most of the training is done online, you are very much thrown into the job, this makes it quite difficult to understand what is actually required of you. sometimes there is nothing for you do which makes it boring and not a very fun and engaging work environment. You also don't get any breaks on most of your shifts. Dusk also tries to force employee motivation by holding cute team meetings and parties where there are games and prizes to win.

Pros

30% discount, a good work culture, getting retail experience, good pay rate

Cons

lack of shifts, mostly online training, can be boring, lack of diversity

Productive and Enjoyable Environment

Comfortable, productive and enjoyable environment to work in. Management is always on top of duties, staff are presentable and easily supportive and communicative.

Pros

enjoyable environment, skills acquired

Cons

excellent with customers come first.

the people and team we worked for were happy and helpful. it was a chilled place to work and i loved and believed in their stock. It felt very natural to deal with customers and always be predictive like restocking beautiful things or talking with happy customers or build new towers or displays.

Good ambiance and fun, upper class place to work

Lovely atmosphere, pleasant, polite customers, Good team environment. The store was always well presented and the products always of a high quality.

Fun and encouraging environment with great people

A typical day at Dusk, starts with looking at the daily plan, what targets are expected to be made and what jobs there are to complete within the shift. Then it's stuck into those jobs and greeting customers as soon as the step into the store. They are the main focus of the shift, always. Processing a few sales occurs and cleaning and sorting stock is also part of the day. Then hang up the apron and that's a shift. I learned a lot about candle care and the products in store. The hardest part was having to leave my job at Dusk, but I look back and know I had a great 10 months with the lovely staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dusk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Dusk