Dusk Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

interesting to say the least...
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS16 March 2019
gossipy and toxic environment
very strict KPIS and pressure/harrasment from upper management when not met
limited hours as a casual (roughly 3 a week)
good staff discount
overall; a place i would personally never back to.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
not many hours, upper management, Kpis
Fun but very poorly managed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW18 November 2017
The money was good but other than that the management was poor.
Wouldn't recommend if you want to further your career. Hard work isn't recognised and regional stores aren't very well communicated too
The management would prefer to ignore issues than deal with them
Being in the store was fun and Christmas was always a good time
Boring place to work
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW3 June 2017
Boring place to work when there are no customers and lots of talk through staff about other colleagues, though good at times and good benefits. Majority of job includes stock refill and hard to reach personal and store goals.
Good benefits, terrible culture
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Charlestown NSW8 May 2017
Staff discount of 30% is good.
Minimum wage and if you're a casual you'll be lucky to get 1-2 three hour shifts/week.
Very unstable as they base your shifts on whether or not you're making KPI's. If you don't make them you don't get shifts.
Higher management doesn't care about you unless you're making sales.
They don't take complaints seriously unless they come from a customer.
Ridiculous amounts of pressure to perform well, you have to make certain targets and if you don't you an ROD (record of discussion).
Very hard to get bonuses but they're usually good when you do.
Pros
Bonuses are good, staff discount, if you're a student and only want minimum hours this is the perfect position.
Cons
3 hour shifts in the middle of the day, management sucks.
Fun overall but poor management and too much pressure
Ex sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland5 April 2017
Thorough training is provided for all in store products which helps a lot! Decent pay with generous store discounts and store games with the opportunity to win prizes. Not many shifts available unless you are the store manager. Sometimes unseasonable KPIs with lots of pressure from store managers to make them. I felt as though my position wasn't secure and that if I didn't make budget or certain (difficult) goals, I would be fired, even if it was just a bad week. Discussions were held on how to 'improve performance' but just pointed out how poorly you were performing or how much money You lost the store for that month with no actual tips on improving or words of encouragement. Not an encouraging or secure work environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shorts shifts, pressure to upsell, position not secure.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate VIC19 January 2017
Everyone was so lovely and interacted nicley with each other. The managment and other staff members were extremely nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Staff communication
Cons
Short hours
Really fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 March 2016
I actually really enjoy working at dusk, great people and management is really organised. The discount is pretty good and the candles are lovely. KPI's can be hard at times but you can't really help not meeting them. Overall great place to work.
Pros
30% discount, people, den/form
Cons
Having to sell add ons (feels like I'm annoying the customer)
exellent team members
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Epping, VIC21 January 2016
I enjoy working at dusk very much, ill will always come into work 20 minutes earlier pumped and ready to start with a smile on my face. everyone there are amazing and so nice its definanlty a great place to work!
Dusk
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonnades, Noarlunga17 September 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Dusk and loved working on a face to face basis with customers. I had a passion for the products in store and would regularly upsell to customers and meet sales targets. I worked well with co workers and this was one of the most enjoyable part of the job as well as the rapor built with customers. The hardest part of the job was possibly finding room in the store room for the new deliveries!
Pros
Staff discount
The in's and out's of Dusk
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt ommaney25 February 2015
Turn up at work at least 30 minutes to be able to review any work training and updates, 100% customer focus from the get go. Completely meeting customer needs and giving full product solutions to enhance a great customer experience/ customer base.
Offer promotional deals, add on's to allow customer to get the best our of their products, as well as achieving personal/company KPI's. Complete any VES (Visual merchandising) changes in an effective and timely manner. Take out basic tasks daily banking, rubbish runs, sweep and clean etc. Review daily results and justifying why they are how they are/ do they need improvement/ and how can I improve.

I've learned that confidence can truly do wonders, with that you can achieve the skys limits. In retail terms: great customer base, great results (KPI's).

We have great management support. Thorough training in order to achieve the best results. Supportive and to the point where need be.

Co-workers are all hard workers and are all their to do their job. Ideally to make sure customers are walking away with the best customer experience and meeting KPI's by End of the day.

The hardest part of the job is trying to upsell or add on products to their solutions without being too pushy. However there are other way's around this.

Most enjoyable part of my job is definitely meeting customer needs, making sure they receive their full product solution. What makes it all worth it, is getting acknowledged for helping and taking the time to meet all needs and have them be so very appreciative and giving great reviews.
Pros
Fantastic working environment
Cons
Short hours/ and not enough shifts
Australian high quality candles and beautiful decor items make a very pleasant work place.
Sales Assistant, Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Bendigo Market Place18 January 2013
Each day involves making each customer have an awesome shopping experience by assisting them to find the right product to fill their needs.
Management are very focused on customer service and giving staff the tools to make that possible.
Dusk staff work very much as a goal driven team and achieve all company targets.
I really enjoy my position at Dusk, the hardest thing is not spending my wages on their products.
When customers leave the store happy with the service they receive, then contacting head office to compliment me for a job well done.
Pros
staff discount.
Cons
not enough available hours