Dusk
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Dusk Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

3.2Pay & Benefits

Fun atmosphere, no advancement

Waves of customers so either a lot to do or barely anything at all. Difficult to advance up to higher roles. Decent pay. Team members are great and fun to work with, however upper management aren’t ideal. Shifts fortnightly.

Pros

Discounts. Great atmosphere.

Cons

Very short hours and no advancement

NOT RECOMMEND for anyone who has respiratory issues (this place is for strong lungs only)

I worked as a Christmas casual at Dusk and was glad I didn’t stay on as a casual throughout the rest of the year. The overall vibe of the workplace was so depressing. No one even seamed like they really wanted to be there (neither did I). The smell and strong SCENTS were so TERRIBLE for my health. I did not have any medical conditions or respiratory/asthma issues before working there. The first shift onwards, I felt like I couldn’t breathe, was constantly thirsty and would have to go into the back room just to clear my throat. I ended up getting quite sick. It was really unreasonable for them to put all the diffusers on at once, to the point I couldn’t even talk to customers in that area of the store because it was too much. It simply wasn’t worth working there. On top of feeling terrible, the targets were so high. Even though I was constantly asking for feedback and being on top of my improvement, nothing seamed to be enough. I also felt really terrible convincing people to purchase items I didn’t think was worth buying. This was my first paid job, so maybe someone with more experience (and strong lungs) could handle it, but honestly it was just a bad experience.

Pros

I learn’t where I don’t want to work

Cons

Hard to breathe, hard to meet unreasonable targets, very stressful

Toxic Work Environment

Easy enough to get through the interview process as a Christmas casual but regretted accepting the job after just one shift. It's dog eat dog fighting over sales to reach unattainable KPI's, managers stealing your good sales, bullying at every level and being lied to in regards to hours offered. Please do yourself a favour and find a job elsewhere

good

candles are very nice customers are fun. I was only aaa Christmas casualll though. wish they would have kept me on but oh well. still a nice place yeah

Productive and fun with a focus on customers

Most days are spent serving and greeting customers and filling stock. The busy periods usually come in waves. The hardest part about working for dusk is making sure all customers are served and greeted quickly during the Christmas period.

Happy environment and always busy

I really loved working at Dusk. Although I only got to work once a week at times (due to being overstaffed), each time I did was so fun and I got a lot out of it. Every time I worked I'd be helping customers, joking with my team members, helping at the cash registers, making small games of who could reach their daily price goal the fastest. Each time was a fun environment where everyone was satisfied and happy. This is definitely the most enjoyable part, was being in such a great environment where we welcomed customers with opened arms and happy faces, and being able to be so friendly with my team members. The hardest part, was not being able to work as often because I did love working there, and wish I could work more.

Pros

Lovely work members

Cons

Not enough hours

Great fun

I would go in before most of the workers and work on stock, checking it off placing it on the shelves and receiving the invoices when the delivery would come. I would prep the store for opening to make the manager on duties job easier for when they came in to open. When the store opened I would work on stock as well as greeting customers and helping them out with whatever they need. I would continue that until the end of my shift. Some days I would do banking, other days I may not.

Pros

Good work mates.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dusk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Dusk