Dusk Employee Review

Fun overall but poor management and too much pressure
Ex sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland5 April 2017
Thorough training is provided for all in store products which helps a lot! Decent pay with generous store discounts and store games with the opportunity to win prizes. Not many shifts available unless you are the store manager. Sometimes unseasonable KPIs with lots of pressure from store managers to make them. I felt as though my position wasn't secure and that if I didn't make budget or certain (difficult) goals, I would be fired, even if it was just a bad week. Discussions were held on how to 'improve performance' but just pointed out how poorly you were performing or how much money You lost the store for that month with no actual tips on improving or words of encouragement. Not an encouraging or secure work environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shorts shifts, pressure to upsell, position not secure.

Other Dusk Employee Reviews

Great Place to work but lots of pressure
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 May 2019
I did enjoy the aspects of working here. They taught me so much about management and the teach you so much and push you to better yourself, but what drove me away was that the pressure they put on you to bring customers in was a lot, you have to upsell so much and if you don't you get a sheet you have to sign saying you are not doing your job correctly.

I was assistant manager and I would recommend for people who want to be casual here but higher up management is crazy!
Pros
Company Events, Teaching to manage a store
Cons
Overtime hours constantly for VM, and sometime managers and assistant managers have to come in with no pay.
Good Workplace
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW13 May 2019
Very specific way of doing things, the culture can sometimes be quite sexist, and not LGBTQI friendly.
but overall good company, with amazing training programs.