Dusk Employee Review

Calming and friendly store to work in
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD12 January 2016
Dusk is a well know retailer of candles and home decor, specialising in scented candles.

Typical day is to open and maintain a high level of customer care and satisfaction, to provide the perfect shopping experience everytime.

My duties include:

Receiving and ordering of stock
Filing and banking
Scheduling
Organising work priorities
Delegating duties
Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting
Customer Service
Merchandising

Working with a small but friendly team, no day is the same so it is highly enjoyable. There is constant updates on products so your always learning new things and acquiring new ideas to develop yourself and your skills.

There is no hard part to this job, management is always there to lead and help you in any way.
Pros
Discounts on candles
Cons
Retail means weekends and Thursday nights

Other Dusk Employee Reviews

Great Place to work but lots of pressure
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 May 2019
I did enjoy the aspects of working here. They taught me so much about management and the teach you so much and push you to better yourself, but what drove me away was that the pressure they put on you to bring customers in was a lot, you have to upsell so much and if you don't you get a sheet you have to sign saying you are not doing your job correctly.

I was assistant manager and I would recommend for people who want to be casual here but higher up management is crazy!
Pros
Company Events, Teaching to manage a store
Cons
Overtime hours constantly for VM, and sometime managers and assistant managers have to come in with no pay.
Good Workplace
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW13 May 2019
Very specific way of doing things, the culture can sometimes be quite sexist, and not LGBTQI friendly.
but overall good company, with amazing training programs.