Dusk Employee Review

Nice Product but terrible state management
Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 December 2017
Higher management tend to pick ‘favourites’ and marginalise others. Will be very happy with you one day and act rudely towards you the next. Can also be quite passive aggressive and gossipy.

Very intense focus on KPIs. Even if you make budget, if you haven’t sold enough lighters or signed enough people up, it’s not treated as an achievement.

Expectation that employees are bubbly and positive 24/7 and criticism for any down days is difficult.
Pros
Lovely product, other casual team are great
Cons
Bad management, promoting favourites, regardless of your overall skills you will be slammed for a bad day.

Other Dusk Employee Reviews

Great Place to work but lots of pressure
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 May 2019
I did enjoy the aspects of working here. They taught me so much about management and the teach you so much and push you to better yourself, but what drove me away was that the pressure they put on you to bring customers in was a lot, you have to upsell so much and if you don't you get a sheet you have to sign saying you are not doing your job correctly.

I was assistant manager and I would recommend for people who want to be casual here but higher up management is crazy!
Pros
Company Events, Teaching to manage a store
Cons
Overtime hours constantly for VM, and sometime managers and assistant managers have to come in with no pay.
Good Workplace
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW13 May 2019
Very specific way of doing things, the culture can sometimes be quite sexist, and not LGBTQI friendly.
but overall good company, with amazing training programs.