Dusk Employee Reviews

awesome place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  darwin26 November 2014
stock display , open and closing of store, rostering, loved everything about the job
Happy environment and always busy
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Capalaba, QLD27 October 2014
I really loved working at Dusk. Although I only got to work once a week at times (due to being overstaffed), each time I did was so fun and I got a lot out of it. Every time I worked I'd be helping customers, joking with my team members, helping at the cash registers, making small games of who could reach their daily price goal the fastest. Each time was a fun environment where everyone was satisfied and happy. This is definitely the most enjoyable part, was being in such a great environment where we welcomed customers with opened arms and happy faces, and being able to be so friendly with my team members. The hardest part, was not being able to work as often because I did love working there, and wish I could work more.
Pros
Lovely work members
Cons
Not enough hours
ridiculous application process
na (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay, Qld11 August 2014
1/4 of the way through the online application process after compiling a covering letter and uploading current CV and then I'm asked to produce a 2 minute video as to why I should get the position, etc. I have not the facilities or the ability to supply this and as Dusk state they will not consider any applications without the video, I withdrew. Ridiculous requisite for a casual position, grant a face to face interview on the merit of the written submission, standard business practise Dusk!
Pros
??
Cons
??
Great fun
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown20 May 2014
I would go in before most of the workers and work on stock, checking it off placing it on the shelves and receiving the invoices when the delivery would come. I would prep the store for opening to make the manager on duties job easier for when they came in to open. When the store opened I would work on stock as well as greeting customers and helping them out with whatever they need. I would continue that until the end of my shift. Some days I would do banking, other days I may not.
Pros
Good work mates.
Cons
Fun and encouraging environment with great people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton, QLD1 March 2014
A typical day at Dusk, starts with looking at the daily plan, what targets are expected to be made and what jobs there are to complete within the shift. Then it's stuck into those jobs and greeting customers as soon as the step into the store. They are the main focus of the shift, always. Processing a few sales occurs and cleaning and sorting stock is also part of the day. Then hang up the apron and that's a shift.
I learned a lot about candle care and the products in store. The hardest part was having to leave my job at Dusk, but I look back and know I had a great 10 months with the lovely staff.
Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Stocklands, Townsville24 February 2014
Dusk provided me with basic store manager training and helped increase my customer skills.
Hours reduced to 1 shift per fortnight
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Townsville30 December 2013
ok place to work

No more info

dhfisdfoFH
UFhfkjbf
FHAUKFKF
lfhalfnnkjf
Pros
Discounts
Cons
irregular shifts
Australian high quality candles and beautiful decor items make a very pleasant work place.
Sales Assistant, Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Bendigo Market Place18 January 2013
Each day involves making each customer have an awesome shopping experience by assisting them to find the right product to fill their needs.
Management are very focused on customer service and giving staff the tools to make that possible.
Dusk staff work very much as a goal driven team and achieve all company targets.
I really enjoy my position at Dusk, the hardest thing is not spending my wages on their products.
When customers leave the store happy with the service they receive, then contacting head office to compliment me for a job well done.
Pros
staff discount.
Cons
not enough available hours
Productive, Hardworking and Happy workplace
Candle Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  Votives30 June 2012
My Typical day at Dusk which is a company specialised in candle making is checking candle mix is the right temperature in melters to start handpouring. In my area we are asked to pour and pull out up to 5300 votive candles a day as we are the only Dusk Factory worldwide. During the end of day we do a count and write down our daily production then reload melters which is a 52kg mix of wax etc. prepared for the next day. The hardest part of the Job will be pulling out Votive candles at the perfect time (depends on weather) the candle can get cold quick and are very hard to pull out. The most enjoyable part would be the end of the day when we are satisfied with the production and get to go home. =)
Pros
good working environment
Cons
pay rates are poor for the work we do