DWF LLP Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable
File management support (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 August 2019
DWF is a productive and enjoyable place to work. It has helped me to expand on my legal knowledge and to build my knowledge of administration within a law firm.
Flexible working
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2019
Agile working culture, good location between Bank and Monument station, with access to the sky garden. Lots of charity incentives underway throughout the year.
Pros
Agile
Cons
Poor L&D
Relaxed but professional working environment
Legal Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Liverpool23 June 2019
They really make you feel part of a team and take good care of you. The facilities are great and the office is a lovely place to work. I learned exactly how a law firm operates.
Productive and fun place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool23 May 2019
The management within DWF is good in my opinion. Feel like a learned a lot to do with the claims procedure and also about different procedures in different claims. Very helpful.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Lack of communication
Excellent place to work
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 May 2019
DWF was the best place I've ever worked. Regular hours, helpful coworkers and managers. I would be happy to take a position there in the future, with more responsibility.
Enjoyed my time
Human Resources Shared Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 April 2019
The role was enjoyable but there were pressures with high volume work coming in and ways to tackle this.

I left as the manager returned from maternity leave that I was covering and I was employed to do that role so I needed to look for alternative employment otherwise I would have stayed longer.
Would not recommend DWF to a Junior Paralegal
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 March 2019
Bulling and Harassment of Management over junior staff.

Even when you exceed your targets they always find reasons to verbally abuse you.

This was the brunch in Liverpool however, other offices may differ.

The paralegals do not stand a change of a TC over external candidates.

2/3 of the applicant's for a TC are external applicants.
Pros
quick progression in insurance claims as a fee earner, flexible hours
Cons
Verbal abuse, threats, long hours over capacity constantly
Great workplace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 March 2019
DWF is great workplace located in the heart of Manchester city centre. It has great opportunities within the firm to progress whilst offering a relaxed but professional work place.
Good - but only if you're in certain areas.
HR Shared Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 March 2019
Probably a good place to work in terms of career and progression but only you have law related qualifications and start as a legal assistant and work up from there.

Admin staff within support functions will have their work cut out if they want to progress financially and professionally.

Typical day is the usual HR Administrator work as you'd expect but extremely high volume made more difficult because of the complex business structure and legacy staff from all the companies DWF has procured over time.
Pros
Fridge Friday, dress down
Cons
Poor pay, no bonus, and no annual salary review.
fast-paced and diverse
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2019
I found the team and working environment really dynamic and challenging but this is what made it great - there is an amazing work culture and my administrative experience was great overall.
Glad I was only a Temp
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 November 2018
Covered here as a temp once, and that was enough, sat in a dark office with other women on switchboard who did nothing but talk about reality shows, diets and soaps the whole time while others were doing all the work; I was bullied and ostracized by said women who should have been old enough to know better but were total b*tches because I made a point of stating my said hours and complained about them to the team leader, hence I asked the agency to pull me out of the assignment as they were making my life a misery.

Not sure whether the place has changed much but I wouldn't go back there if you paid me a million quid!
Pros
Nice Building and location
Cons
Bullying Culture - Big brother is watching your every move
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire10 October 2018
Management was always fairminded, and while the day to day focus was obviously always on work, socialisation within the office and between teams was permitted. Staff are always friendly and helpful, and regardless of position your own personal workload is taken into account when assigning new tasks.
Dwf
RTA Volume Recovery Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 October 2018
Great place of work. Had a really good time working for DWF and would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for experience in the legal sector.
Pros
work benefits
Cons
flex time could be better
Very good work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 August 2018
worked with this as a school work experience placement, the people there were so nice. They seemed very hardworking and down to earth, would definitely work there again.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Intimidating
Company that you can be miserable at
File management support (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 July 2018
No chance of being happy in a role here.
Very strict on being a human - would much prefer a robots.

Would probably be fine with this if the job wasn't so dull.
Very boring job that was not what I expected when applying.
Pros
Do a lot of things for employee's e.g Summer parties
Cons
Very strict, employees not very welcoming.
Workplace Review
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 June 2018
It was a very happy working environment with a good team of hard working individuals who were very friendly and social.
Was introduced to my work tasks one step at a time so that I was not overwhelmed with work I felt I was unsure with how to carry out.
Wouldn't recommend.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Leeds11 June 2018
This is not a good place to work. There are other firms out there who will give you real experience needed to grow professionally and personally, opportunities to progress and will pay you (relatively) well.

The culture is toxic. Only conformity is tolerated and ridicule (even from high up) comes from deviation. If you try to raise concerns to managers or HR you’re brushed off.
Pros
Effort is put into social events.
Cons
No acknowledgement of hard work, no real structure or guidance available (poor managers), no training, poor pay, bullying/manipulation comes from the top and all around, rumours of harassment in departments which no one does anything about, HR do not deal with concerns.
Interesting insight into a solicitors
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 April 2018
I learned basic procedures of law and filled out the company workbook. Writing a report for the company website taught me research skills. Working in a large corporation gave me a taste of how big firms function.
Fun Workplace
FRU Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 April 2018
Great company to gain experience.

Lovely management.

Multiple long lunches with the team.

Not a lot of opportunities to progress.

Not a lot of variation with work.
Pros
Flexiable Management
Cons
Not a lot of variation in work
Wokplace
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 March 2018
I enjoyed working with the people I worked with but I felt that I sometimes got taken advantage of as I was always the first person to help out with queries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DWF LLP. Our community is ready to answer.