DWF LLP Employee Reviews

Good job and opportunities
Litigation and Debt Recovery Intern (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 February 2017
Great place to work for, fantastic team, great salary and good hours, as well as great fringe benefits. The management team were somewhat lacking in their knowledge of their employees and did not always deal with certain situations to an acceptable standard. However, received a great amount of training and other team members were always on hand to help out.
Pros
Salary, benefits and team.
Cons
Big workloads and lack of management.
Bad management and bad training
Revenue Control and Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 December 2016
I had hardly any training and was expected to deal with the work load and I was bullied by my team. No support given properly
Pros
Salary and overtime
informative
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London4 December 2016
The first two days of this experience were spent at the O2 headquarters and the third day was spent at DWF LLP in London. This meant I was able to contrast a city law firm with an in-house law firm. In our in-house stay we did mooting. This again was a real confidence booster and really encouraged me to follow my aspirations towards a career in law. At the end of the exercise, I was told that I should consider becoming a barrister due to my confidence and mannerisms when I talk. We also had several presentations on how to make a good CV. While at DWF LLP we had several presentations about how a city law firm works. I also took part in a practice group discussion. This was part of the entrance process for a vacation scheme they offer after university. All of these activities really assured me that I should pursue a career in law.
Loved the team I worked with
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre8 November 2016
I was employed by DWF LLP but worked within RSA Legal as a Legal Secretary. I enjoyed my time here but unfortunately my role became redundant and this wasn't handled very well by the company. The team I worked with were very friendly and helpful and my manager was very friendly. If I wasn't made redundant I would still be there as I enjoyed it that much.

As we were a separate office whenever contacting HR on things it would take days for a reply and then when someone did come back to you, you would be told different things. HR wasn't very good.
Pros
Once a month Friday fridge where you get free drinks from 5-8pm. Very laid back, friendly and relaxed team to work with.
Cons
Being made redundant
Handyman Maintenance company
CEO (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX21 September 2016
Good construction/Maintenance Company in the Greater Houston area that concentrates on facility maintenance and residential repair and maintenance.
Pros
free training
Cons
not a lot of work
Professional legal environment
Trainee and assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 September 2016
A professional legal environment, elevated by staff that are knowledgeable and committed to achieving success, making it one of the country's greatest law firms
Proffessional and productive
Trainee and assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 September 2016
Professional workforce that is helpful and productive, allowing the firm to frequently achieve successes, making it one of the country's greatest law firms.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 September 2016
I was there on temp role filing printing and scanning everyday was pretty boring and the staff was very clicky and there was a divide amoun groups
Good Company, Poor Mid Level Management
Key Accounts Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 May 2016
Good Company, Poor Mid Level Management

The message from above is diluted and warped by the people in the middle, a shame really.
Terrible experience
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 February 2016
Worst place I have ever worked because
- promises the earth and delivers nothing
- values do not reflect culture. No honesty, integrity or care for people or clients
- too many of my colleagues treated badly and then exited
- wobbly infrastructure
- too many initiatives and no real focus
- lawyers unsettled and leaving in their 100s
- no continuity of service for clients
- top 20 firm in name only
- poor leadership overall
Pros
Some of the people were great
Cons
Too many to mention but culture does not reflect values, leadership is poor, poor infrastructure, quality is patchy, investment in IT at the expense of all others, too many people unhappy and leaving
Progressive and professional, a pleasure to work there
Client Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG21 November 2015
Working at DWF was an absolute pleasure. As a front facing Client Assistant and Corporate Receptionist, I was the first point of contact for all staff and clients coming into the firm.

My role was to provide a professional and friendly service and to create a warm and welcoming environment for both staff and visiting guests. I learnt how to hone my skills as a corporate receptionist. Providing a polished, tailored and professional five-star experience for all who entered the reception area. Building relationships with staff and guests alike, I was able to tailor my skills to suit the individual and ensure a fantastic experience for the guest.

A typical day would consist of meeting and greeting at the reception desk, handling enquiries in person, over the phone and by email. Managing and organising meeting room requests, event organising and giving tours of our hosting spaces.
Preparing presentations, setting up AV equipment and connecting video conference calls. Organising travel arrangements and making restaurant reservations.
Being on-hand to ensure the overall smooth running of the Client floor and its meeting rooms.

The management at DWF were consistent and supportive, being on-hand and approachable when needed. I felt supported as an employee and confident in their abilities.
I would definitely say the same and sing the praises of my colleagues. We were in constant communication and a very tight-knit team, working with them was a pleasure. We stuck the balance of creating a fun yet professional environment to work in and I believe this was felt by staff and
  more... guests alike.

The hardest part of the role would have to be technical issues sometimes encountered during video conferences and AV set-up, as this would slow down the pace.
The most enjoyable part of the role for me was meeting and greeting guests, being able to provide a five-star experience for them from the moment they entered reception is extremely important to me and something I take a great deal of pride in.
Pros
Wonderful working environment
Cons
Occasional unsociable hours
Very demanding but great team players
Legal Secretary (support) - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG11 July 2015
My typical day is high volume typing which consists of reports to client, briefs to Counsel, instructing experts (all of which involves collating documents), taking messages, have good relationship with clients and experts - consider myself to have a good telephone manner. Organizing meetings and arranging flights, train bookings and hotels etc. Scanning in bills every month. Generally am kept very busy the whole day to which I enjoy. I enjoy being involved in each case from start to finish and take an interest of its outcome. I get on really well with my boss and the team and have been told i am a valid member of the team.
too productive no fun
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG2 May 2015
this organisation is too productive and there is no proper communication with peers from a social point of view.

There is too much beaurocracy and a top down approach.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
Fast paced environment lots to learn
Facilities Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG23 September 2014
There is a no such thing as a typical day.

I have learned that patience, diplomacy and quick thinking are valuable more than some other qualities. My client service skills have improved since working here.

It is my first time working for an LLP company. It can be a challenge or easy when you need something approved.

My co-workers are amazing. They do their best and the seek to improve.

The hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone at the same time.

What I enjoy is the spirit of my team and the never ending learning.
Pros
Constant learning curve
Cons
unforeseen circumstances i.e. rush jobs
Productive workplace
Legal secretary to two fee earners (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG17 August 2014
Arrive early in the morning and log on to system.

Prioritise work i.e. urgent work that needs to be done first thing then any older work to be done.

Fax and/or e-mail any necessary urgent work.

Assist if necessary with co-workers with regards to outstanding or urgent work.

The job was very time pressured and often working to targets and deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and completing deadlines.
Es ist meine Meinung als Kurzfristige Mitarbeiter.
Zusteller (Former Employee) –  Nürnberg27 March 2014
Ein Großer Betrieb im Bereich Werbung und Zeitung ist organisiert und innovativ und bittet an meistens Gering Tätigkeit für Schüler/in u.s.w. Für meine Kariere habe ich keine Besondere Erfahrungen gesammelt. Viel Erfolg wünsche ich für ganzes Team.
great law firm
paralegal/team manager (Current Employee) –  leeds17 July 2012
no room for further development-

staff turnover very high on debt recovery
Pros
independent learning
Cons
no recognition or bonus
Long hours but the rewards can be worth it
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Leeds28 June 2012
Working 12 hours most days but if you need to get on you will and are required to do it.
Pros
free legal service
Fun workplace
Trainee Assistant/ Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 June 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was the research tasks. All of my co-workers were friendly and hard working. A typical day at DWF started at 6am for the breakfast briefing and then continuous work untill 6pm. The work I undertook was reading case notes and writing up letters to clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DWF LLP. Our community is ready to answer.