Dyson Employee Reviews

Co workers are the only thing that makes it worth it
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2019
In general it's a decent place to work: Flexible hours, decent breaks, great co workers.
Your typical day at work is pretty much sitting at your desk all day (besides your break) and answering calls to help customers troubleshoot or purchase spare parts/new machines.
The job itself can get quite repetitive as most calls are troubleshooting the same issue. 90% of customers are great and friendly, while the 10% that are rude can be difficult to handle sometimes, and Team Leaders expect us to be able to handle it ourselves.
There's alot of pressure to sell machines monthly (depending on how many hours you work) and call stats can be confusing sometimes as you're expected to only speak for less than 12 min per call.
Management are nice usually but they can be unclear with what they want sometimes
Pros
Flexible hours, great co workers, decent pay
Cons
Stressful, KPI can be hard to achieve, lack of clarity from management
Great Place to work for
Brand Ambassador/Product Expert (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC30 September 2018
As a brand ambassador, work shifts are set, targets are given. A lot of freedom to work with but still challenging tasks to do. Training is thorough and high expenses used on their location and venue.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Staff discount no longer as good as before.
Productive and positive warehouse team
Service support (Former Employee) –  New South Wales11 February 2018
Great team work. Everyone was good at lifting spirits and keeping the work environment a constructive and fun place. We often had free lunches as a reward for good work.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taren Point NSW24 August 2017
If you enjoy being bullied, berated and your self esteem being crushed then this is the place for you. The managers arrogance is laughable. You can be the most focussed and hardworking employee but they will only find negatives. This place is truly horrible.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Inbound assisting with Dyson product owners
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2017
*Answering call relating to troubleshooting with customers vacuum cleaners,
*Nice office facilities and resources.
*Good communication between all departments,
Think Twice before working here
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Taren Point Sydney5 February 2016
Rubbish call centre mananager - does not care about staff. Treats everybody with disdain and sees staff as disposable. High turnover of staff due to rubbish training that is adhoc, undocumented and extremely stressful.

Feedback staff receive is always negative and makes you feel small and inadequate. In my time there I don't even remember getting good feedback they think the call monitoring is good feedback and training and all it is is poorly written and rude.

This area of Dyson Australia needs to remove the existing manager who has no management skills and get somebody who understands people and training. When I left they were just dumping temps from agencies in to fill gaps most of these people wisely leave not long after. In fact it is just a revolving door of new staff. Not a good look.

The moral is very poor judging by tea room talk and this has not changed ever. A lot of very unhappy staff old and new. This is compounded by very unhappy Dyson customers that staff have to deal with daily. MAJOR change is needed.

My recommendation do not work for Dyson call centre unless you want mega stress and a manager is clearly only looking after herself. There are better jobs out there.
Pros
Work mates are very nice mostly though the waiting to retire crowd are a bit clicky.
Cons
Very negative, poor training, bad call centre manager
A great Company with a fantastic product.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC29 November 2015
It was easy to sell a product that was a cut above the rest.

The management team were approachable and encouraged new ideas and autonomy.

I felt welcome at every store I visited and the staff were always willing to allow me time to train them in new products and ensure our stock levels were high, along with excellent displays in store.

The hardest part of the job was the long days required for country visits each fortnight.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with an excellent product and introducing it to others.
Pros
Autonomy, excellent product and company.
Cons
Too many nights away from home.
Fun place to work
Customer Care / Service Centre (Former Employee) –  Taren Point26 July 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Dyson. The people and the culture were great, I also loved working with the public.
Pros
Products were great