East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH)

17: East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Employee Reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Fun and Worthwhile

This volunteer role was my first job. It was an opportunity to complete my bronze DofE award, as well as gain experience to put on a CV. The managers were very helpful at helping me progress both within my role and as a person. Though unpaid, there were several benefits to the role.

Lovely place to work

Love working here, there isn’t any progression in housekeeping, but definitely in other jobs. Great work life balance, just over minimum wage. Lovely collegues

Pros

Early finish

Cons

Have to pay for lunch.

Upper management. (Area manager and above)

Shops need investment to perform properly and also need a complete shake up from the area management upwards as no support for managers who are often ignored, equipment and problems need addressing.Shop managers, assistants and volunteers are positive given the circumstances.

Pros

Good staff and volunteers in shops

Cons

No support from area management and upwards.

Fun work place

A typical day at work , learned communication skills and time management. Best part about the job was serving customers at the till and giving the right amount of change .

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Many clothes to arrange

Great

Loved my time here, lost my job through an accident at work 😔 being the main housekeeper at the time I was pretty much left to it and I just got on with my job and I took great pride in my work.

Great place to learn and develop skills

Great place to learn and develop skills in complex and palliative care. Can be stressful and not always supported. Work / life balance can be difficult.

Relaxed and helpful

Your day is between 10am -8pm, its your choice when you work, however as this is a door knocking job, the later end of the day is the time that you will find most people in from work.

Work with us!

Whether you are supporting children and families within our care teams, helping to raise vital funds or working within our support services, EACH can offer a very rewarding career. Working alongside passionate, like-minded and knowledgeable people a career with EACH provides you with the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people with life-threatening conditions and their families. There are many benefits to working with EACH. We are committed to continued learning and professional development and we have a number of support measures in place which include an employee assistance programme and support groups. Through providing care, working in our shops or attending events, there are always opportunities to network with other professionals and establish strong relationships within our community.

No long-term potential

Lack of support from line managers Can feel isolated from colleagues Good pay compared to other employers in the charity sector, but not compared to general retail employers Lack of benefits No room for promotion

Great Charity

Great place to work with lots of opportunity to progress within your roll. You also get a great sense of achievement to help EACH deliver the care they give.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH)?

EACH is awesome!

Each is a voluntary position but it teaches you confidence,cash handling, time management, respect for others, building friendships, responsibility and much much more. If you haven't worked for a while. Volunteering is an excellent way to get back in to things.

Pros

That next step towards paid work!

Cons

No money!

extraordinary

East Anglia Children Hospices are a great charity which helps children in a terminal phase of their life. East Anglia Children Hospice support these children amazingly giving them joy of life which is marvellous.

Fun workplace

A good company was very helpfull and understanding of staff need's/ problems. highly stressfull as you have to work to a schedule everyday and most days is impossible due to customers not being home or ready for pick up/delivery etc.

Pros

Helping others

Cons

low pay

Productive and Fun Work Place

Really can not fault E.A.C.H lovely people to have worked with. Always making sure all the jobs done where done to NHS standard. Happy environment for children and the staff are amazing in what they do!

Pros

Lovely People, Hard Workers, Love What They Do, Fun, Lovely Environment To Be In

A fantasic place to work, with great people

EACH is a place for living and supporting family's who are going through some of the toughest times of any ones lives. The staff, volunteers who work for/at EACH are dedicated people. If you ever have an opportunity to visit, or support EACH, take it. It makes better people of us all.

Pros

Enviroment

Cons

Grounds, are lovely and peace full

Productive and enjoyable

A variety of jobs to do. Till work, labelling clothes, books, puzzles and bric-a-brac. I have gained a lot of confidence since I first started as a volunteer. My co-workers are such lovely and bubbly people. Not a day goes by where we don't have a laugh together. Easy to get along with regardless of them not being my age. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making new friends as I have done. Very positive place to work.

Pros

Long lunch break, Meeting new people, Making new friends

Cons

N/a

fun workplace

very friendly staff happy to help if you need it or you not sure of where items go very easy to get along with, very relaxed enviroment to work within.

Pros

easy to get to

Cons

there is no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH)