East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Employee Reviews

It was a great professional experience which enabled me to learn a lot with the other senior workers, knowledge was shared , always willing to help each other in my team of support coordination with my colleagues however with our team leader/ manager who has no background nor qualifications in any community services/social work sciences about the importance of the socio impacts in society and individuals, was very difficult to communicate with and nothing to learn from however from other senior workers with clinical background and others who knew their role I learnt a lot it’s very team oriented we all got along beside the team leader/manager as she knew nothing I could not ask any questions or resolve any issues since she had no clue. When I escalated the issue not about her as a person but as a worker how we are learning nothing no guidance and the impacts on vulnerable customers her direct manager never addressed it despite me providing factual written evidence such as email correspondences clearly demonstrating issues nothing was followed as per policies and procedures like other organisations. It’s sad to see this, our priority is ought to always be customers but you will soon understand management seems to care but when there issues to be resolved it won’t get sorted. There are other great leaders though despite not seeing them face to face you can reach for questions you have if you can’t approach your TL for whichever reason and will happily assist so it was great. I am very content and proud of the work I produced there with the help of knowledgeable people in the field - more...
Pros
Great senior workers always willing to help, great teamwork
Cons
Direct leader no support coordination expérience, leader no social work/community services/psychology background challenging, no support from management such as hr when issues arises
Expected to work through lunch break be lucky if you can squeeze a cuppa in actually. Expected to be an Assistant manager and all the work that goes into being one on a retail assistants wage.Not worth all the effort you have to put in. Higher Management do not treat staff very well at all will get rid of you . Not a pleasent working environment at all very hard work and targets impossible to reach.Very hard work stock can be overwhelming and not enough storage so you end up breaking H&S working conditions in a NON safe environment cause management will not spend out on it. Good points are working with fabulous volunteers who do very hard and labour intensive job for nothing and are exploited.
Pros
Working with wonderful volunteers, That you hopefully are contributing to making a sick childs life better which s what its all about.
Cons
Too many chiefs (on very good wage) and not enough indians
Loved my time here, lost my job through an accident at work 😔 being the main housekeeper at the time I was pretty much left to it and I just got on with my job and I took great pride in my work.
Great place to learn and develop skills in complex and palliative care. Can be stressful and not always supported. Work / life balance can be difficult.
Your day is between 10am -8pm, its your choice when you work, however as this is a door knocking job, the later end of the day is the time that you will find most people in from work.
Whether you are supporting children and families within our care teams, helping to raise vital funds or working within our support services, EACH can offer a very rewarding career. Working alongside passionate, like-minded and knowledgeable people a career with EACH provides you with the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people with life-threatening conditions and their families. There are many benefits to working with EACH. We are committed to continued learning and professional development and we have a number of support measures in place which include an employee assistance programme and support groups. Through providing care, working in our shops or attending events, there are always opportunities to network with other professionals and establish strong relationships within our community.
Each is a voluntary position but it teaches you confidence,cash handling, time management, respect for others, building friendships, responsibility and much much more. If you haven't worked for a while. Volunteering is an excellent way to get back in to things.
Pros
That next step towards paid work!
Cons
No money!
East Anglia Children Hospices are a great charity which helps children in a terminal phase of their life. East Anglia Children Hospice support these children amazingly giving them joy of life which is marvellous.
A good company was very helpfull and understanding of staff need's/ problems. highly stressfull as you have to work to a schedule everyday and most days is impossible due to customers not being home or ready for pick up/delivery etc.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
low pay
I thoroughly enjoy my volunteering role ,it puts everything else into perspective. It is a lovely company to volunteer for, they help you every step of the way.
Really can not fault E.A.C.H lovely people to have worked with. Always making sure all the jobs done where done to NHS standard. Happy environment for children and the staff are amazing in what they do!
Pros
Lovely People, Hard Workers, Love What They Do, Fun, Lovely Environment To Be In
Offering my counselling services to EACH providing culturally appropriate counselling and support service to individuals and their families who have been affected by alcohol, drugs and mental health problems. Although the majority of my clients are from ethnic minorities I have counselled anyone who needs my help. My service offers individual counselling, family/group therapy, parents/carers support groups, home visits and outreach service in GP surgeries, referrals for detox and rehab. Demonstrated a clear understanding of client-centred practice and its application. Provided written case notes of clients, which were of very good standards.
Pros
Excellent promotion opportunities.
Cons
Short term contract work.
A variety of jobs to do. Till work, labelling clothes, books, puzzles and bric-a-brac. I have gained a lot of confidence since I first started as a volunteer. My co-workers are such lovely and bubbly people. Not a day goes by where we don't have a laugh together. Easy to get along with regardless of them not being my age. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making new friends as I have done. Very positive place to work.
Pros
Long lunch break, Meeting new people, Making new friends
Cons
N/a
very friendly staff happy to help if you need it or you not sure of where items go very easy to get along with, very relaxed enviroment to work within.
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
there is no cons