East Coast Apprenticeships
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

East Coast Apprenticeships Employee Reviews

Applied, did the interview, then waited.... 3months? Got my job and the first thing the tradesmen told me was “your not going to learn boilermaking here” like what? And I saw that I wasn’t going to learn anything about the trade. What was east coast thinking when they thought it was ok to send me here, I told them I don’t wanna work here anymore because I’m not learning my trade and they offered me a jig work fencing job?????. Cut them off and found my own job. Now I’m happy in a general fab shop learning my actual trade. Only thing I liked about east coast was they had us on jobkeeper so I was being paid 200-300 more than my normal pay. Also fortnightly pay is annoying🙄
Pros
Jobkeeper
Cons
They don’t understand how putting someone in a situation like this can affect their future
if you are put with a host/employer that will keep you the whole way through the apprenticeship you will be sweet, but if not you will be thrown from job to job just to fill in for other apprentices that are at tafe expect to have unpaid days off when they cant find you work. really depends on how lucky you are with your first host which determines the rest of the apprenticeship
very helpful with making sure your best interests were put first, very well looked after and were always learning, either on-site or at college. East coast always made sure you were their number one priority and were never on your own.
Learned lots of new skills and made friends. Management could be improved. loss of one of their most hardworking employees (me) because of low wages. Long hours and early starts made the job occasionally difficult to get to depending on the location of the job that day. i feel as though i deserved mature age wages as i was doing my best to get by not living in the comfort of mummy and daddy as most young people my age (22) still do.
Pros
Variety of work, New people to meet and work with
Cons
Long hours, low wages (junior Apprentice wages)
East Coast Apprenticeships has been an all round great company to work for they have been really supportive. A normal day at work will be making sure that the filing is updated, answering phone calls, assisting field officers, minutes for managers meetings, assisting disable students with business admin duties, Taking Host employers details for field officers ect. The most enjoyable part about the job was the work environment everyone was so kind and got along with each other and that's what a team is all about!