East Coast Car Rentals
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

9: East Coast Car Rentals Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Good experiencie and nice work team

Really god job and nice people, we had to clean a lot of cars in the airport branch but when I had to work in the city branch was better because there I had the oportunitie of Maked thw check ins and check outs of the rented cars and was a really good experience because I learned so much of cuatomer service here in Australia

Excellent team to work for

This company has supported me throughout covid - they have been amazing always keeping me up to date.I enjoy working here because everyone is very supportive and friendly. I am very proud of the product that I sell.

Pros

Flexibility and bonuses

Cons

Busy!

Prepare to sacrifice your life!

Great job if you’re sick of your life. You’ll work every weekend and up to 18 days straight with closes followed by opens 10pm-6:30am. Plenty of back stabbing to keep you entertained. Try Avis!

Helpful work colleges and a relaxed Manager makes for a great place to work.

I have been working at East Coast Car Rentals for 8 months as a Casual. Great team, good commissions, easy going Manager and love meeting customers from all over the world.

Good Working Environment

A good work environment full of professionals to work at. Great People to work with. Interesting and Fun job. I had gained much experience, knowledge, fun from this place

fun working place

busy branch, need more staff to work here. cars need to be services more often. staff members there are friendly, fun people to works with. good team work all round.

Hard work

This was a very hard place to work as you would never know if you had done something wrong or if the manger was just having a bad day. Nothing was every done to his standards.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Great and capable team. No support from top.

Hit the ground running, customers are generally easy going and polite, nothing is right for the not happy's. Management at the CEO level is excellent and mindful, local manager, all black and white, creates a lot of stress, gets the job done and protects the P and L. Co workers are polished and professional, and work as a team. I have never experienced the job to hard, if you have a manners you have no issues. We have progressive dinners at our co workers establishment's for all the workers and families to get to know each other. The company has xmas dinners and gathering's in all states, except South Australia, we have to look after ourselves, which is no hassle as the team enjoy our get togethers.

Pros

Uniform supplied

Cons

Work rosters are non supportive of daily life schedules.

Learned A Lot

Typical day involved arriving on time for your shift. Jump behind the counter and find work that needed to be completed, whether it was servicing a customer right away, answering the phone, or taking care of the inventory, supply restock, set up car ready-line, review reservation list, count cash drawer, or keep track of courtesy vehicle movements. I learned a lot about juggling demands, trying to find the best, productive ways to help maintain quality customer service. Learned different ways to communicate with people when there was a language or hearing barrier. I also learned how important it was to read the terms and conditions of an online booking, especially if you paid for a product, and what was included. I was astounded at how many people came to the counter with their reservation number but no clue as to anything else. Then they would get angry with the rental agent, who took the time to explain everything to them. Learning different ways to talk to people when they became angry was important to resolve the tension. Observing the experienced agents successfully resolve these situations was valuable because there was no way to avoid the "angry" customer. Unfortunately, every shift came with them. Our branch manager was good at what she did, doing her best to ensure vehicles met demand at two locations, made time to hear the concerns of her rental agent team, and was always ready to lend a hand at the rental counter. I had tremendous respect for her, as she was doing the job of three people. The team I worked with comprised many personalities, but most -

Pros

Good pay, meeting a variety of people from all nationalities

Cons

Long hours, gave up break time, good service often went unappreciated, demands often exceeded job position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Coast Car Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• East Coast Car Rentals
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?