Eaton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Eaton:

Eaton Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
Eaton is a great place to work and learn. they have a online uni for work related training plus will support you to do training outside the company if its related to your role.
the workplace culture is one of open communication with management and has high ethics
Pros
Great Office, off street parking. support
Cons
Sales staff are always getting pat on the back where support staff are getting the job delivered
Manager was good but staff are untrained and have no interest in doing the job properly.
The cleaners they get don't know how to speak english and have no idea what they are doing
I wouldn't wish a job at this company on my worst enemy.
Management doesn't care. Staff are extremely cold. Upper management don't mix with the 'little people'. Experienced my manager crying many times throughout the day on my very first week here. I felt like crying too after a while. Many staff breakdown because of how overworked they are.

Too big a company to have any impact. No space for growth.
I do not recommend working for this company.its shonky
Terrible managers non caring.

It's unprofessional.

They hardly employ Aussies. Only visa people
Typical school cleaning. Allocated 4 hours for a job that took 5 hours. 7 months of working over my hours before personnel sorted the issue. Ended up filling in for another colleague so was happy to take on the extra night shifts.
Pros
Christmas break up
Cons
Long hours and short paid.
Extremely toxic working environment in finance department,
bad politics, high staff turn over, long hours, poor management.

Would never work for them ever again!
I worked for this company for 10 years&enjoyed it ended up Queensland manager Great crew great management again do not know if they are still trading
Pros
Getting Taken out for dinner
Cons
not getting taken out for dinner
I was working from 10:00 to 18:00
was always busy, we worked a lot but the people there were so nice, they always worked happy and hard, was a nice workplace.
Pros
I was living very close
Cons
short lunch time
Horrible company, horrible workers, horrible hours, horrible expectations, horrible cleaning products, disrespectful and treasured their workers like dirt.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Marketing and Sales support for a Global brand in a corporate environment. Good work life balance. Always looking to compete with the big suppliers like Schneider and Emerson. Managers are eager to hear professionals. Good leadership and consistent practices
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
average salaries
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eaton?
Friendly and honest competent company. Immediately after interview received work within a week with great, helpful and teaching staff. Willing to consider giving more work after establishing myself.
Pros
Procise shifts
Cons
Lack of weekly hours
Account Management

Keeping the few customers happy

Good support team

Had good product knowledge

Difficult to get answers from management

Lot of options for growth available
Pros
Good office
Cons
Stocks
Good ethics on paper badly applied in Australia.
at least in the electrical division. I cannot say anything about the other divisions or countries'
The company is currently seeing a downturn in revenue that could be attributed to poor planning and uncertain economic factors. A well established global brand but struggling to manage and develop emerging markets. In particular customer-facing roles are very challenging at present. These roles require personal and family sacrifice.

There are many seasoned professionals who are great colleagues within the company and I did learn from them. As my role was road-bound and autonomous I had little time for interaction.

Some of the colleagues I worked with enjoyed their job very much and was quite satisfied with the company as a whole. Therefore if I recommend that potential employees scrutinise their roles and ensure that they are familiar with the challenges.
Pros
Much employee benefits if you have the time to utilise them.
Cons
Highly Demanding, Personal Sacrifice, Possibility of Insecurity.
- Day would begin with a team meeting in which I would communicate and listen to team members urgencies and delegate tasks for the day. I would also be involved in supervising and assisting team members to achieve their production goals for the day and also take part in daily meetings with senior management to report and update on project developments.

- During my time at Eaton I learnt and developed various skills. Such as: - Management of people.

- OH&S activities ( committee member and Lockout/Tagout officer)

- Lean champion ( 5s)

- Liasing with Engineers in regards to project's documentation ( eg; Wiring diagrams) and senior management in regards to parts and times to complete tasks.

- Onsite installations of Medium Voltage Switch Gear

Learnt from Co-workers and made great friendships.

The hardest part of the job was usually beyond my control. Parts not arriving on time were an obstacle to complete projects on time. The impact of these delays meant extra costs as more people and OT was needed to meet delivery times.

The most enjoyable part of my job had to be the challenge and management of major new switch gear projects, liaising with engineers and management as to what was the best manner and approach to achieve success and the challenge of motivating a team of people with cultural diversities to be competent and focused on meeting customer's requirements..
Pros
Premises, Recognition of performance and company ethics.
Cons
Distance from home
vacuuming
mopping floors

cleaning windows

Co workers great group of people

Keeping windows and walls clean
Pros
time athome through the day
Cons
not enough hours
A typical day at work for me would be opening and login in to my PC, check all my e-mails and tasks for the day, consult with manufacturing current and previous jobs, process new and current sales orders from customers, create Bill of Materials, AutoCAD drawings, discuss with my manager and colleagues new processes and issues during the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be when I start drawing either in AutoCAD or Visio.
I learnt lot of Purchasing and inventory control skills. Cost out skills. Negotiation skills. Most enjoyable time is when we have social activities.