Eaton Employee Reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 3,620 reviews
Extremely Toxic Working Environment in Finance Department!!!!
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW13 December 2018
Extremely toxic working environment in finance department,
bad politics, high staff turn over, long hours, poor management.
Would never work for them ever again!
They have a pub
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NSW/QLD22 October 2018
I worked for this company for 10 years&enjoyed it ended up Queensland manager Great crew great management again do not know if they are still trading
Pros
Getting Taken out for dinner
Cons
not getting taken out for dinner
productive workplace
Labour (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 February 2018
I was working from 10:00 to 18:00
was always busy, we worked a lot but the people there were so nice, they always worked happy and hard, was a nice workplace.
Pros
I was living very close
Cons
short lunch time
Horrible company
Commercial cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 August 2017
Horrible company, horrible workers, horrible hours, horrible expectations, horrible cleaning products, disrespectful and treasured their workers like dirt.
Pros
Salary
Professional
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD26 November 2016
Friendly and honest competent company. Immediately after interview received work within a week with great, helpful and teaching staff. Willing to consider giving more work after establishing myself.
Pros
Procise shifts
Cons
Lack of weekly hours
Many growth options
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2016
Account Management

Keeping the few customers happy

Good support team

Had good product knowledge

Difficult to get answers from management

Lot of options for growth available
Pros
Good office
Cons
Stocks
Good ethics on paper badly applied in Australia.
Service Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Scoresby VIC2 April 2016
Good ethics on paper badly applied in Australia.
at least in the electrical division. I cannot say anything about the other divisions or countries'
High Demanding Environment Requiring more than Tenacity
Sales Engineer-Australia, New Zealand, Oceania (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 November 2015
The company is currently seeing a downturn in revenue that could be attributed to poor planning and uncertain economic factors. A well established global brand but struggling to manage and develop emerging markets. In particular customer-facing roles are very challenging at present. These roles require personal and family sacrifice.

There are many seasoned professionals who are great colleagues within the company and I did learn from them. As my role was road-bound and autonomous I had little time for interaction.

Some of the colleagues I worked with enjoyed their job very much and was quite satisfied with the company as a whole. Therefore if I recommend that potential employees scrutinise their roles and ensure that they are familiar with the challenges.
Pros
Much employee benefits if you have the time to utilise them.
Cons
Highly Demanding, Personal Sacrifice, Possibility of Insecurity.
Great company, colleagues and experiences acquired
Supervisor of Medium Voltage Assemblies (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW22 March 2015
- Day would begin with a team meeting in which I would communicate and listen to team members urgencies and delegate tasks for the day. I would also be involved in supervising and assisting team members to achieve their production goals for the day and also take part in daily meetings with senior management to report and update on project developments.

- During my time at Eaton I learnt and developed various skills. Such as: - Management of people.
- OH&S activities ( committee member and Lockout/Tagout officer)
- Lean champion ( 5s)
- Liasing with Engineers in regards to project's documentation ( eg; Wiring diagrams) and senior management in regards to parts and times to complete tasks.
- Onsite installations of Medium Voltage Switch Gear

Learnt from Co-workers and made great friendships.

The hardest part of the job was usually beyond my control. Parts not arriving on time were an obstacle to complete projects on time. The impact of these delays meant extra costs as more people and OT was needed to meet delivery times.

The most enjoyable part of my job had to be the challenge and management of major new switch gear projects, liaising with engineers and management as to what was the best manner and approach to achieve success and the challenge of motivating a team of people with cultural diversities to be competent and focused on meeting customer's requirements..
Pros
Premises, Recognition of performance and company ethics.
Cons
Distance from home
typical school cleaners position
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay, QLD12 November 2014
vacuuming
mopping floors
cleaning windows

Co workers great group of people

Keeping windows and walls clean
Pros
time athome through the day
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, clean, safe and good place to work.
Production Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW28 September 2014
A typical day at work for me would be opening and login in to my PC, check all my e-mails and tasks for the day, consult with manufacturing current and previous jobs, process new and current sales orders from customers, create Bill of Materials, AutoCAD drawings, discuss with my manager and colleagues new processes and issues during the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be when I start drawing either in AutoCAD or Visio.
Productive and fun loving place with Barbaque every month
Purchasing Officer (Current Employee) –  SYDNEY, NSW13 August 2014
I learnt lot of Purchasing and inventory control skills. Cost out skills. Negotiation skills. Most enjoyable time is when we have social activities.