EB Games Employee Reviews

Just a fun place to work.
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Bunbury WA4 April 2018
Great environment to work within a team setting. Excellent incentives to do well, great training opportunities and flexibility with locations. Supportive management team and workplace ethos.
The standard/disrespectful retail customers occasionally get on your nerves, but overall the customer base is just as keen to be in a games store as you are.
The best part is being able to share your excitement about digital entertainment with your customers, and for them to share that excitement back. Some of the best experiences I’ve had as an employee, have been with my customers.
Pros
Staff discount, fun people, you get to talk about games!!
Cons
Occasionally irritating customers, Christmas/Boxing day sale shifts
was put on as casual part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD15 March 2018
EB Games Warwick for me was not a great experience it wasn't the customers it was more the boss i had i was contracted for three months first two week was good 2 days a week and decent pay like i was supposed to be on then after those two weeks thing started to go downhill from there i went from almost $200 a fought night to $90 a fortnight or less and one shift a week this continued for another 5 weeks my boss would always be getting up me for supposedly me not doing more job when i was i would even do my best to go the extra mile to get more work done if i could i finally quit after working there for nine weeks because my pay was getting cut to the point i was only able to cover my fuel expenses even then i was still struggling to cover for fuel.
Pros
discounts on top of other discounts and everything else as well
Cons
not enough hours and was always blamed for supposable not doing my job when i was
Fun to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Karratha, wa11 March 2018
Eb Games was so fun to work for. They looked after their staff and employed fun and energetic people. I would recommend everyone work for them at some point in their lives.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
retail
Fantastic environment.
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wendouree VIC2 March 2018
Starting as a christmas casual got my foot in the door to be rehired as a permanent casual sales assistant. It is the most fun and comfortable job I've ever had! The managers are fantastic and caring and willing to take care of us younger ladies when the odd horrible customer comes in. This is a retail job so expect the long hours, shift work and sore feet that comes with that, however it is a fantastic job!
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Very busy workplace
Job Role- Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD14 January 2018
I'd be mainly packing boxes all day with items for the stores around Australia. I learned how to work fast and effectively throughout my days working there. The management was pretty helpful with everything that I had asked. The hardest part was being able to put items into the boxes due to my height, but the most enjoyable was making boxes at the end of the day.
Fun and Engauging
Staff (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC5 January 2018
There was routine and working with your partner, duties were split up and shared. Customers were fun and interested an it was worth the effort. KPI's are important and was the hardest part for me since im not one to push additional sales.
Pros
Fun topic
Cons
KPIs and pushing add on sales
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 December 2017
Great job to have if you’re studying and need something cAsual, even better if you share a love for the product and want to workyour way up in the company
Exciting and active workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  New South Wales26 December 2017
The store is always fairly busy and rarely empty, so being prepared to assist with any and all of the customers needs is key. Depending on the customers needs, it can sometimes be stressful trying to keep up with all the work that needs to be done as far as helping them out whilst maintaining the shop, but being part of the sales team helps you learn the management skills to do just that. Between keeping up store appearances, handling incoming stock and customers, the management of the shop is really a team effort between the sales people and the management as it is all really done on the shop-floor. The best part of working at Eb Games though is definitely working alongside other people who share your passion for games.
Lively and helpful management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 December 2017
A day at EB Games is fun and full of learning as the management is helpful and extremely talented at what they do. I meet and serve new people and that is the best thing about the job. The only area they can improve in, is the number of shifts they give for the employee.
What's it like working at EB Games
Senior Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raymond Terrace NSW25 November 2017
Eb Games is a lovely place to work, the people are great and very professional, but if you're expecting to get a full time job here, you can count yourself out. Saving money is what Eb Games is about, cutting shifts and even not giving you any will happen in a heartbeat.
You will not get a full time job here unless you have been with the company for YEARS, and a younger casual will more than likely replace you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shifts

Want to know more about EB Games?

Ask a question
fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Maroubra NSW24 November 2017
i got to talk about games and to be able to learn the important skill of being able to talk to customers as well as being ale to work a phone and deal with stock
Pros
games
Cons
repetitive
It is a good place to work at and learn new things about games
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Gawler SA28 August 2017
Eb games is a good place to get help with your xbox if it is not working or your game and the workers are really nice and that eb games would be a great place to work at.
Great for an entry level job
Assistant Manager / Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC15 August 2017
It was a wonderful feeling going to work and being able to discuss and help our people who have the same passions and interests as you.
The kinship between employees is truly a great way to make friends!
Pros
staff discount!
Cons
sexism
Exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD24 July 2017
Never a dull moment working at EB Games. There's always a fun conversation to be had and everyone is happy to work there. The hardest part is having to learn about new games but who doesn't like that.
Pros
Chill environment
Cons
Not many hours
Great place to work at
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD28 June 2017
Still remains my favourite job to this day. I loved working here because the staff are always friendly and share a passion for video games and will regularly strike up conversations about them.
Good first job
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  West Lakes SA20 June 2017
Interesting and challenging. Always evolving and advancing. Challenging product knowledge. Friendly environment. Good experience for a first job. Flexible.
Cons
Needed more female staff
Supportive management, fun and enjoyable environment, 10/10 workplace
Gold Coast - Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD17 April 2017
Fantastic place to work. The only fault I can find is the hours which can be very limited outside of holiday periods. Otherwise incredible company to work for, best environment I've been lucky enough to land a job in ever.
Pros
Great discounts, supportive management
Cons
Limited hours outside of holiday periods
productive & fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2017
I enjoyed working here for the short time I did, it opened my eyes in retail. I loved the people I worked with. I would definitely work here again. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with a medium I have a passion for
Pros
free merchandise from time to time
Cons
I didn't like being extra happy all the time
Great company to work for!
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maribyrnong VIC18 February 2017
10 Years as a casual employee. Had many managers that were fair and worked hard at their job. Pay rate is fair for the work, very flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Competitive Atmosphere
Great team,good communication enjoy customer service.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Singleton NSW15 February 2017
Average day i enjoy my work with other worker. finish all my task taking on new challenges. succeeding goals interacting with others.