EBSCO Industries Employee Reviews

Ugggg
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL3 July 2019
Better mangers would produce better workers . To many fav and not enough real workers . Wasn’t fair with people money we where always overworked hot and underpaid
Not an equal opportunity employer
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Doniphan, MO29 June 2019
EBSCO is the highest paid job in the local town. Many tell me the work is stressful and fast paced. For a year and a half I've been trying to obtain work with this company and every attempt is disregarded. If you don't have a solid work history, you will not be considered at all.
Management is lazy
Worker (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FL10 June 2019
Not a great place to work. The pay is ok, but that is about it! Management is extremely biased towards any new employees, that maybe one reason they cannot keep employees! HR department as well as other departments don’t keep employee information confidential, they talk about employees info with whom ever they are friends with at work. The employee turnover rate is extremely high. Some of the older employees and management sabotage other employees leading to the employee being fired or quit. The benefits are not all that good. They allow new employees to be subject to being yelled at and talked about by employees who have been there longer, total disregard and disrespectful.
Pros
There are none
Cons
The whole job is a con
Productive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL22 May 2019
A typical day begins at 6:30 a.m., I make sure the deposits are complete, create deposit reports from the previous day, and just get things ready for the day. I love everything about my job - from doing payroll to deposits or just being with my fellow employees.

The hardest part of my job is making sure the publishers are paid on time whether they are monthly, weekly, or bi-monthly paid publishers. It's a tedious process due to having to wait on others for reports in order to know what amount to pay each of them.

I mainly work on my own, I know my job and know it well. Unless something changes, or I need a manager to approve something, I really don't have contact with them on a day-to-day basis other than to say "Good Morning" or just catch up if something is going on.
Benefits
Cons
No Breaks
Basic factory job
Labor, dept manager (Current Employee) –  Doniphan, MO16 May 2019
Long hrs on feet. Inside factory environment. Steady hrs. Easy routine. Scattered management but good people and workers. Sick hrs dont add up quickly. Vacation hrs add up average.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short braeks. Alot of walking and standing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trussville, AL8 April 2019
Great company great perks great hours good benefits just show up for work and your off weekends great people that your working with team work driven and easy to get along with
Good Luck
Employee (Current Employee) –  Alys Beach, FL4 April 2019
Don’t waste your time with EBSCO Industries here at Alys beach. This company is not what it use to be. Most Alys beach employees are underpaid and overworked. High turnover with employees. Poor management is a big problem behind the scenes at EBSCO/Alys
Pros
Beautiful place to work
Cons
Poor management in many departments
Don’t ever work here as a manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alys Beach, FL14 January 2019
Once the season is over at Alys beach, the upper management / directors will find a reason to get rid of any salaried managers. I’ve seen several great managers get let go after the season slows down for completely fabricated reasons. The HR department is completely useless and practices zero confidentiality. The upper tier leadership is unethical and weak. I regret ever setting foot on that property and working as hard as I did for those awful people.
Pros
Cons
See above
tree top cafe in the building
Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL9 January 2019
Shipping and Receiving mail carrier and the workplace is some what friendly the hardest part of my job having to work in the cold and heat. I don't have a part I enjoy about my job.
Pros
Cons
low pay no raise
Fast pace
Builder/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Clanton, AL3 December 2018
Fast pace job with good benefits .just weird hours on some days. The breaks are good . you get a hour lunch competed compered to most places. You get paid weekly good holiday pay.
Pros
Hour lunch decent breaks
Cons
Dont know when getting leave from day to day
Productive and fun
Medical Indexing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA8 November 2018
Medical Indexing Specialist job at Ebsco was more production oriented. I was responsible for indexing medical, nursing, allied health, nutritional and alternative/complementary health journals. I was doing at least 48 articles a day when I left. Overall it was great to work for Ebsco. I enjoyed my job there. I also helped my fellow workers, whenever they needed. Learned some new skills there....work culture and ethics were great.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful
Low Pay/Branch Management Mediocracy
Order Processor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO10 October 2018
High expectations with sub-par pay and inept Operations Manager. Quick to blame/reprimand employees before researching issues which ended up being system errors then showed zero professionalism by righting any misdirection of blame.
Pros
none come to mind
Cons
Low pay, high expectations and sub-par management
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL24 September 2018
The company offers great benefits to employees. There are awesome amenities on campus like the health clinic, gym and cafeteria. Healthy work/life balance.
Just a Job
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA14 September 2018
I worked here my last semester of college and during the summer before I moved and attended law school. The work was fairly mind-numbing and the pay was good for a college student. I enjoyed the people I worked with (one of them was a former roommate) and the after-hours camaraderie and ability to set your own schedule more than made up for an tediousness.
Pros
Flexibility
Ugh
TSR (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH12 September 2018
You were part-time only and were only allowed to work up to 39.5 Hours per week. No more. They needed at least 8 people per day to stay until 5pm however only 5 people were full-time.
EBSCO Industries started out as a Magazine Subscription Service
PAYMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL6 September 2018
I do my job to the best of my ability. EBSCO started out as a Magazine Subscription Service. Now it has Real Estate, and etc.The name EBSCO comes from the founder Elton B Stevens Company
Work Driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL29 August 2018
Not a good work life balance, pay is low but the benefits are good if you can afford to have them. Overtime is mandatory for production employees including weekends. There is a strict attendance policy where points are assessed and can result in being fired.
Fast paced office
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL20 August 2018
EBSCO was not a bad place to work. I was trained on the job and learned a lot by working there. I would love to work at EBSCO again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Supervisor
Overall good place to work...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL6 August 2018
A typical day consisted of answering incoming calls and emails from customer and resolving issues. While management wasn't the best, the coworkers and environment made up for it.
good management
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA3 August 2018
Great company , great people & tommy is a great guy as well as mike . a lot of new things to learn & you have to be willing to put in the hard work . Learn more about your clients , success is here . Great pay .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO Industries. Our community is ready to answer.