Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ECCO Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
A typical day consisted of catching up on emails and messages missed throughout the week, as well as checking up on new stock.

I learnt how to process sales and returns, as well as how to talk to customers in an inviting way, while still pushing to make the sale.

Managerial issues are plentiful. The Chatswood manager speaks down to her employees, treats them with a lack of respect. There are no boundaries, and she doesn't understand where the line is between 'banter', and professionalism. Higher up management is also riddled with issues, ranging from a lack of respect to casual staff, as well as a lack of support to stores.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with extremely strict KPIs, and the constant need to perform. If a sale was missed, manager would tell us what we did wrong, but not lead by example.

The other staff are always friendly and easy-going. Depending on if the manager is around, the workplace environment is usually fun and stress-free.
When I first started working for company it was fantastic it was very family oriented.
Was all about products and company and satisfaction to customers.

Then management change in certain section and became all about money and sales and became not about products or family it became about money .
I had worked there for a year and had the most wonderful manager, I watched her being bullied by the area manager and the head boss was also no good to the situation. I felt that I was never doing enough and also got told to do better even thought we always achieved heaps for being such a small store. 6 girls quit in the year due to not feeling comfortable to coming to work. I started getting 3 hours a week and would tell me there was no work but, would give the other stafff multiple shifts a week and that’s how I knew they didn’t want me there
Not a good culture
Do not treat staff very well

No support from regional manager

Do not recommend them as an employer

Will get rid of staff so quick

No chance of stepping up in promotion in the company

I worked for them for many years but got to the stage where I had had enough

Too stressful
Typical day at ECCO involves, customer service, banking, administration, liasing with various stores throughout Australia, and intake and distribution of stock.

Management can be quite tricky as all the support centres are in the eastern states and singapore, this makes it difficult to get assistance when needed.

ECCO has a great workplace culture especially in the Western Australia store, we have a lot of good times working and enjoy going into work every shift, the company organises events and get togethers every now and again to show their appreciation for what we do for the company.
Pros
Free shoes to wear while working in store every 6 months, generous staff discounts, working with a great team, and having good support system from other stores.
Cons
Can have very quiet trading days as the company is not widely known in Western Australia
Felt like family and not like going to work. Always people available when you needed help and recognised for your efforts. Able to grow and learn. Amazing staff at every level.
Empresa multinacional.
Ótima empresa para trabalhar fora do pais.
El sueldo no está acorde a la vida diaria en Reino Unido. 9 horas diarias junto a la hora en metro de ida y vuelta, pero en general muy muy bien.
Ecco Shoes was the best company i worked for until we had recent changes of manager in one of the Brisbane store. The manager was extremely nice until their probation period ended and thats where it goes downhill. The manager would not teach the staff proper stuff and blame things on us. The manger cut all the shifts without any explanation and lied to us constantly. When reported to higher management they passed it as an misunderstanding between two parties but thats not the case. If it was an misunderstanding, we would be still working there. Ecco shoes is really great place to work there unless you have a bad manager and bad higher management. Higher management don't care about their staff .
Pros
pay
Cons
Management, no hours
Ecco shoes pacific is good brand and great customer service and mix culture people so we can learn something different from others. Ecco is very highly standard product whoever work in ecco they can learn more in details about products knowledge and about shoes knowledge. Fun loving atmosphere.
Pros
Every year get together with all branch staff and have dinner.
Cons
38-40 hours work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ECCO?
Firstly some staff were absolutely lovely people. Unfortunately I found management quite uneducated and far from professional and certainly did not lead by example. How some people are employed in the first place I do not understand. One manager in particular I feel had a split personality and was not liked by any staff. The workplace was quite unpleasant and staff were always bubbly and relaxed on this persons days off. Funny that. Always taking extended breaks, leaving early and stealing sales from other staff members. The shoes are actually very comfortable but overpriced for what they are and certainly not a fashion statement. I would rather spend 200-300 on a designer brand personally.
Company pays well but you do work hard for it and often there was nobody to cover breaks so you had to go without.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
On a typical day, I would operating the cash till when processing sales, make orders for delivery, make sure that there was sufficient stock. In addition to this when a manager wasn't in I would be in charge of locking up and balancing the cash at the close of business. I also was in charge of the children's shoes section so I would have to maintain the stock for this area. There was only about 8 staff in Ecco at the time. It was a part time job while I was at college and I enjoyed dealing with the customers and taking in deliveries. The hardest part was sometimes dealing with difficult customers. However this was overcome by remaining calm and just trying to facilitate the customer the best I could.