ECi Software Solutions Employee Reviews

What a horrible way to treat a new employee
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Remote26 June 2019
I was terminated for no reason in less than 90 days. They claimed it was performance. I was doing great and once a new VP of sales came on board it is manage by fear and intimidation. They claim a supportive culture. NOT TRUE. They give quota while your training so totally unattainable. They are not honest and my direct report did very little to train me. Still,l I built a solid pipeline. Average sales cycle is 90-120 days and I closed my first sale in 45. Had another one to close too. Something is up because I did nothing wrong and performed very well. Don't believe this company. They have no honor or integrity is what I found out. If you do get hired. Do yourself a favor and keep looking for better employment. They may back stab you like they did to me for absolutely no reason. They also have lots of unhappy customers because they have been treated very poorly.
Pros
I liked the product I represented
Cons
NO honor NO integrity. They are not honest nor reliable
Great culture and friendly workplace but management and training could be better
other (Former Employee) –  Lincoln21 March 2019
ECi is a great place to work, no doubt about it, the culture, people and the pure support they offer in terms of personal life and issues that may affect day to day life is excellent.

I would no doubt recommend them to anyone for a place that I looked forward to working at each day.

Improvement could definitely be made in terms of expectations of an employee, though.

Struggling on some aspects of the role and asking for genuine help after trying to figure out the issue alone (because of poor documentation/ training documents) was one of the hiccups I had during my time there and I was criticised for not trying to figure things out individually?

Otherwise Id recommend ECi depending on the role as a lot of people enjoy their work and you can tell that off the bat
Pros
People, Culture, Friendliness, Support services
Cons
Management expectations
Great culture!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX21 January 2019
Growing organization with a great culture comprised of wonderful people from the top down! Many unique perks are offered to the employees and there are definitely opportunities for growth within the organization.
Pros
Work from home once per week, generous PTO policy, flexible schedule!
Cons
Limited health insurance options
Best Place to Work
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX27 November 2018
I have been with ECi from last 3 weeks and I have had the best experience so far. All the employees are friendly, caring. They treat you like their own...family value, Best Culture, Flexible, No stress, Fun work Environment.
Human Resource Department Rocks
Average at best
LBMH Business (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX16 September 2018
Decent company but my experience here was average at best. Lack of compensation and not being valued is the reason I moved on. The work environment was stagnant.
Very poor - look elsewhere
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln15 August 2018
Very very poor management team in Europe.

The management team all have their own agendas, That age old saying too many cooks spoil the broth is very true here.

Results are poor in Europe due to a management team not knowing the industry.

No one manages employees, Its an adopted culture that no one works on a Friday in an office.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Poor management
Large global corporation that feels more like a small family business
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJ1 August 2018
This place is a multi product and multi service provider for an industry. There is allot going on, in many different directions, all focused on the industry. There are excellent corporate assets at our disposal but at the same time it does not feel like the corporate office is leaning on you every day for every decision. Everyone who I have worked and interacted with across the wider organization has been excellent from individual personality to professional knowledge and support. There are some negative things that could be said, but what company does not have those negatives. We keep it above the line and know that anything not ideal today is just something that we can work on to make better in the future as a team.
Pros
Great people, solid product.
interesting place
Executive Assistant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CA8 April 2018
support manager not very personable. tech support personnel very nice and helpful. not many opportunities for growth unless you move to Texas or Australia.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
have to live in texas
Not a horrible place to work. Could use better benifets and equal opportunity pay.
NA (Former Employee) –  NA7 March 2018
The company is growing and not bad to work for. However pay is not regulated very well. The benefits were not great for everyone. Some of the employees who actually ran into medical needs found the plans that they had were not really helping them as much as they would have hoped.
Pros
Somewhat fun culture.
Cons
Not a women friendly benifets plan.
Not Difficult to be Successful
Professional - Associate Level (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX28 February 2018
ECi is a great place to work if you can manage a high degree of details either without tooling or with not-the-ideal-fit-tooling. That being the case, each individual employee is left to devise those methods on his/her own, and a LOT of cross-functional expertise is not well leveraged.

If you're well organized and self-motivated, you can survive and thrive within ECI. But that is a two-edged sword in that if you're well organized and self-motivated, your job is unlikely to involve new challenges that you must carve out for yourself, but more work to contend with because you're so darn good at what you've been doing.

Improving corporate culture has been a big push in the past few years - with internal systems being implemented to "share the love" with one's peers. The challenge comes in where you are so embedded in your own department or silo (by design), there's not a lot of cross-team praise being handed out or received. Occasionally this points system is used as bribery to get assistance from someone else (which I find a bit underhanded, "hey, I'll give you 500 points if you'll do this for me"), rather than just being a good corporate citizen and doing it anyway because it's the right thing to do for the right reason.

Cross-team communication can be a boondoggle at times. You can ask, or email someone who reports up another food chain, and they may respond, but that doesn't mean it's a response of any real value. It often takes someone at a director level or above to become engaged to generate that value. In other words, it takes the director to say "this
  more... is the right thing to do for the right reason." In many ways, I really wish that aspect of ECI was different.

The ECI Employee Social Committee rocks at what they do to bolster an environment of great people. From bingo games (with a split pot of cash for the winning employee and a charitable donation), to spring and holiday social events, to monthly birth-aversary treats - these folks are the glue of the ECI family.

Lastly, if you sense a tad bit of sarcasm in this review - that's probably the most wonderful part of ECI - for the most part, you get to be YOU. I've worked places before where you had to walk, talk and chew gum like everyone else in the organization, and if you didn't, you found yourself one of the first to be let go at layoff time. You won't find much of that at ECI. There are a number of quick witted persons who may have missed their calling as comedians. On those days when you're at your wits end, one of them will cross your path and remind you - it's a job, not life and death, so don't take it so seriously.
Pros
Flexible Hours, No Micromanagement, Generous Time Off
Cons
Internal Politics and Communication Needs a Lot of Work
N/a
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT3 January 2018
Co workers were friendly and helpful. Everyone was always willing to teach and learn more. Manager was willing to work with you and made sure to consider everyone's needs.
Fun place
Sales Development (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT24 September 2017
This place was fun to work at. Easy co-workers and CEO is kind and friendly. Fun work parties, clean environment, the hardest part of my job was starting so early in the morning.
great remote job
Inside Sales, Lead Generation (Former Employee) –  Remote, ca21 September 2017
A great place to work, I was a repote employee, traveling to Ft Worth Texas occasionally. I worked independently using my extensive skills to imorove ECI's bottom line and make my numbers year after year
Pros
remote, great people
Cons
Salary was a little low
Was good until sold to ECI
Employee (Current Employee) –  Provo, UT10 August 2017
ECI has too much bureaucracy that slow things down. It is a lot harder to get things done then it was a few years ago..

Most of my coworkers have been great and the work life balance is great.
Pros
Work life balance. I can leave for family things when I need to.
Cons
Benefits are sub par
Good company, good people. Easy transition from Epicor. Good onboarding and decent benefits.
Sr LBMH Industry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA28 July 2017
Easy transition into similar position with competitor in the same industry. Similar operations and a lot of familiar associates from previous company, Epicor. Most sales employees were remote. Similar pay structure but much lower.
Pros
100% remote, self managed
Cons
Pay, job security
support tech
support (Current Employee) –  Remote3 January 2017
there is no such thing as a typical day. customers call in with questions that be about anything imaginable computers are always changing as is the job description
A Growing company with a focus on employee satisfaction
Social Media Strategist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX26 January 2016
ECi Solutions is a fast growing software company that focuses on software solutions for small & medium sized businesses. The corporate culture is very family orientated and employee satisfaction and a high priority.

ECi likes to promote from within and celebrate successes and achievements.

The Executive management team are motivating, engaging, and want everyone in the company to contribute to the success of the organization.
Pros
Casual work environment, excellent benefits
Great people
Vice President Financial Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX16 September 2015
Solid company with great employees. Opportunities abound at ECI, an SMB software company comprised of many small, acquired companies that have been rolled up.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Salary and benefits are lacking
High-end ERP Software, Excellent Work Culture
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX26 July 2015
I absolutely love the work culture at ECi - laid back people, with innovative ideas that will surpass their prior successes. Management allows plenty of resources to complete the job, while allowing employees to work with minimal supervision.
Pros
Working with minimal supervision to complete customer support calls
Cons
Benefits are pricey.
Productive and challenging workplace
Lead DDMS QA Analyst / Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX8 February 2015
Working for ECI2 gave me the opportunity to constantly be learning new things. The product was challenging. It was a 30 year old piece of software originally built for DOS using a DBF backend. The product was updated over time, but to maintain the years of business logic built into the system new pieces would just be layered over the old. So in the end we had a command line interface using a DBF backend with a visual foxpro graphical interface built over that, then new pieces added using .NET over that. The system used Telnet, EDI, Crystal Reports, and Windows/Web Services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECi Software Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.