Edith Cowan University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Edith Cowan University Employee Reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Good People, but insecure tenure

I was not given secure tenure I was terminated with no adequate reason by management after a year The next person whom I knew, had the same experience

Na

the job was okay. Thank God for the experiences gathered working with the Edith Cowan University, Perth Western Australia. Though The work was online yet a learn a lot from collaborating with students and staff

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables

We have Ping Pong tables around ECU Joondalup, one at Building 34 student hub externals, one in Building 1 level 2 west wing and ] campus living village.

Great place to work and learn

The faculty of Business and Law is very dynamic and supported me wherever necessary. Although I have seized to be part of the faculty now, the school continues to be an integral part of my charity, Fortuna Foundation in capacity as Sponsor.

Very positive work experience

Working for Edith Cowan University was a great way to add work experience to my resume but also an amazing way to network. My job description was clear, I knew exactly what was expected of me. The ECU staffs were present and supportive. Overall it was a positive work experience. I will definitely work for ECU again if the opportunity presents itself.

Good institution

It is a good institution with all what it takes to model career for an individual. Aged care gives satisfaction through caring for the old people, Learnt more about different cultures, for example, aboriginal and Torres islanders and many other cultures.

Invigilating examinations

Typical day:- * Collecting exam papers and student roll from designated area and setting up room for examinations * Following all the rules for examination conditions and being vigilant that all the University standards are upheld. * Always showing respect and care for colleagues and students alike during this stressful examination time * Collecting, collating and returning papers to designated ECU staff. * Being prepared to assist with students with special needs to fulfill their needs to complete their examination in the time allotted.

Pros

Seasonal work

Cons

Seasonal work only - June and November

Inspiring

Even though teaching is a challenging role the opportunity to engage and to see people connect with the subject matter made the hard work worthwhile. Wonderful experience.

productive place

it was a nice working staff and place where I was working on a doctoral research. the topic was Creativity as a placemaking tool for the redevelopment of Christchurch.

productive workplace with very helpful staff

the culture is diverse at Edith Cowan University. staff was very friendly and cooperative. i got adapted to the workplace environment in just few days.

Jobs at Edith Cowan University

See more jobs

A great place to work, with lecturers who really care about their students, and who value the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the yog

3 hour lectures, with great technology, in a program that you can see change student's lives from Day 1 of semester to the time they walk out of class at the end of semester, makes this almost a dream job!

Pros

Great facilities, great conditions, and financially well rewarded, even as a sessional staff member!

Friendly and fun workplace

I have learned a lots when I worked at ECU. The teammates were friendly and ready to help when you need it the most. ECU has always provide the good balance between work and life. The pressure from work usually had been washed away by the staff meeting with fun talk, food and drink.

good place to work

good place to work but it always depend on your boss/unit coordinator. I experienced a nice work environment and my boss was very flexible about my teaching time/days

Clean environment, liaising with stakeholders. Talking to the public.

Review of previous shift. Check e-mails, SMS', logged phone calls. Check bookings. Foot Patrols. Liaising with stakeholders. Responding to phone calls requests. Talking to Staff, Students guests and generally helping people. Good 'clean' environment.

Pros

Job satisfaction. Good conditions. Plenty of exercise/walking.

Great casual work

- Really good work - flexible - good money - great meeting new people - never a dull moment - always on your feet - everyone you work with are easy to get along with

Exciting and rewarding job

I meet people with diverse background and culture. Every day is different. I work in small teams and have autonomy. The colleagues and management are understanding and we all try to create a friendly environment.

Productive and fun work environment

I have loved my role as I have found that I had the best coaching and was able to not only hone in on my skills, but also improve my skill set further.

Productivity

They kept everyone active, whether you were a full-time, part-time or casual staff member, everyone was made accountable and comfortable within the environment, which I was more than happy to be a part of.

Great

Great University that assists with practical and theoretical training in the field of education. Thoroughly beneficial experience.

A Third Rate University

ECU needs to invest in quality academic staff to enhance its reputation. Unfortunately, most of the staff, although, hard-working- are not qualified academics. For example, the Dean of one particular school does not even have a PhD so this person's underlings are actually more qualified than she!

Pros

Great People (Workers)

Cons

Poor Management

Good

Good. Well structured course. Easily accessible online and with minimum disruption. IT support available and accessible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edith Cowan University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3