Edmen Community Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Easy to work for.
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT7 August 2019
Edmen are a good company with constant communication almost every day (Or when required). Staff that I was in contact with, in particular my coordinators at the time were always willing to talk or email between office hours. The after hours server was also a pleasure to communicate with.
Pros
Varying houses and clients meaning good opportunity for extra shifts.
Cons
Shifts are often canceled and at short notice which is inconvenient, however this is due to the client company management changing the shifts, not Edmen, Short 3 hour shifts were also annoying and almost always given to the same staff
12 August 2019

Thank you for your time in providing this feedback! We are so pleased to hear your great experience.

Snake oil salesman
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD3 July 2019
They required lots of online tests, to meet their requirements even though I already had the industry standard qualifications, then one week of orientation hours, then one shift a week, then no shifts per week, whilst they continue to advertise for more workers on seek and indeed, they are an industry disgrace.
Pros
award wages
Cons
few shifts if any at all
29 July 2019

We are sorry to hear that. We value everyone’s opinions and if you would like to discuss further with our team, please contact 1300 665 880 and ask for Service Delivery Manager Fofoga.

Not really a place to work if looking for permanent jobs
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 July 2019
They like you if they want to give you work but if life happens and you tend to have problems they just do not care. They do not have proper supports for employees considering the work there can be quite stressful. Coordinators are very personal making the work culture very bad.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
No employee support, less professionalism
29 July 2019

We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a positive experience whilst working with us. We value your opinion and if you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact Service Delivery Manager Taylor on 1300 665 880.

Stay away from this company!
Disability Support worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 April 2019
I was really going to give this job a try, even though I had no experience and I was told I was gonna be there by myself, without another carer to show me how to do the job, and without having received any training (just an online test with multiple choice).

They put my shifts in the online timesheet software (3 hours for the whole week), with the promise they will put more, and also with the promise they will give me the addresses of these clients with their job descriptions as I made them notice they haven't provided me with any info AT ALL.

My first day finally arrived and consisted in doing home care for the first hour and then personal care for the second hour. Although, I never received the address of the client, or the job description, or any indication about how to do my job rather than "you just ask the client what they want you to do" and when I asked about how I should deal with the personal care duties, they said "oh you can do it with your eyes closed, literally. It's easy".

Now, to put a vulnerable individual in the hands of someone with no experience, who hasn't received any training, it's an hazard for both for the client and for the employee. You can get hurt or you can hurt, cause you don't know what you are doing, and you don't know how to safely handle a fragile 90 year old woman. How can management think it's ok, it's out of my belief!!

I wish the families of the clients knew that their family members are in the hands of such an organisation who clearly doesn't even know the basics of onboarding and training employees.

I came to the conclusion
  more... that no job is better than a bad job with only a few hours per week, where your supervisor clearly can't do her job and dint care about you. Also you have to drive from client to client with your car and spend money for fuel that they won't refund you.
In the end what you got is just stress and anger rather than love for the job and proper remuneration for it.

Stay clear from this company, you won't be happy here!
Pros
Cons
Really badly organised
Edmen staffing solutions
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA27 September 2018
I found that the hours were all over the place from one day to the next, no opportunity to attend an office due to the only office being located in NSW, no salary perks, no permanant work.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short shifts, no stability
fast acting
DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW22 September 2018
fast replies from coordinators, friendly & reliable staff, sticks to your preferences whether it may be night shifts, day shifts or even short shifts. Works are around other commitments e.g. study.
Great company to work for ...if you don't need regualr income!
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD28 August 2018
It is a feast or.famine role, you are either bogged down with huge hours, working extremely long hours (sleep over classed as 8 hours rest!) OR you have little to no hours week after week! Very frustrating when you know other staff are getting hours.
Lots of miscommunication, being sent to shifts and not required, having your roster marked as 'unavailable' when you haven't requested time off. Feeling penalized when you do ask for time off by not receiving many hours.

The clients are mostly great, some behaviours but that is part of the job.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Very long hours or non existant hours! Zero stability!
Not the best experience.
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 August 2018
I enjoyed my time working with the clients that Edmen supported, however the management side of things needs some serious work. Was very hard to get in contact when I needed more hours and they will regularly advertise for more jobs when the hours aren't going to the staff they currently have.

Overall, 3/5 stars.
Pros
Good clients and hours WHEN YOU GET THEM.
Cons
Poor Management.
If you have the energy its a great job
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrawong NSW4 July 2017
You don't get to choose who you can and cannot work with so there are personal risks involved when you work with extremely high needs and behavioural difficulties with clients.
If you are casual you may not get any hours for weeks at a time but if you call them all the time they will try and allocate work for you. Some clients have really big behavioural problems and there is a lot of WHS issues. However if you are lucky enough to be able to gain a good working relationship with other staff and clients then it can be a very rewarding job.
Pros
good relationships with others, meet new people, learn from others
Cons
Not enough hours, high behaviour clients, long travel distance to work
Professional company, looks after its workers and provides chance to grow
Worrongong, NSW - Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, South Australia2 February 2015
Any day at work thrives on teamwork and proper hand over. It involves reading communication books, getting verbal handover and checking client diaries. It also involves administration of medication following the 8 rights of medication administration, meal preparation and helping with client feeding where necessary.
In this job I have learnt to deal with situations that need decision making, dealing with challenging behaviours and gastrostomy management.
Edmen management are good, accessible, willing to solve problems and willing to listen. They also manage shifts well.
I work with many different workers and once we understand each other they are a great team to work with.
The job often times involves the development of therapeutic relations with the clients which makes it hard when something goes wrong
When one manages to gain a client's confidence or manage to turn some behaviour around. Being able to make a change in someone's life is so satisfying.
Pros
Getting to meet a lot of people
Cons
Having to drive between sites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edmen Community Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6