Edmen Community Staffing Solutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Edmen Community Staffing Solutions:

Edmen Community Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Featured review
Edmen Community Staffing Solutions selected this as a representative review
Edmans is a great company to work for. Although more hrs needs. Edmans are easy to get in contact with when required. Pay rates are very good. More hours and cancelled shifts are a pain but other than that over all good.
17 May 2020
We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.
I gave up my permanent job for this as the interviewer said I can get shifts as much as I can but after completing all requirements etc I cannot contact the interviewer he’s like a salesman but generally they have poor communication to staff. Changing coordinator 3-4x already. Just get one shift to my entire employment and didn’t even get notification from apps to get chance pick up shifts. They’re just good at first when completing requirements. And they always hiring but didn’t give shifts.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No shifts at all to provide
I would recommend Edmen. I enjoyed my time with them and found them extremely professional. They work with you to get you the best possible roster Always paid correctly and on time.
Pros
Birthday cards, awards, etc
Cons
Nil
Edmen is a very good working agency. They give you regular shift and their pay is goog ( include loading for weekends and public holidays . Some times , the problems come from the others companies where they send you to work.
I would work with them at a drop of a hat. If you need work and lot of it this would suit you. I worked in Aged care and disabilities, I thoughly enjoyed the experience. I was able to work as many hours I liked. You also learn things along the way. It's great
Pros
Intro to alot of different abilities and culture
Cons
Finding time to relax, you can get a lot of jobs and hours
Great place to work, staff are amazing. Management care and are flexible with you, they check in regularly. Pay is good for youth work, young people in care are friendly.
14 June 2020
Thanks for your amazing review and we're glad you're enjoying your time with Edmen.
I have been working for the company for over 5 years and have found them to be very supportive. Edmen provided me with work around my availability which provided the flexibility I need. Would recommend the company to anyone who wants to work in community services.
17 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are glad you're able to get work that fits around your lifestyle.
The workplace culture is relaxed and fun with a lot of support and communication. You are given enough training and are always given a hand when you need it.
17 May 2020
Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love working for Edmen.
I was recruited by Edmen in December 2019, the lady who recruited me was very friendly and professional she kept me updated throughout the recruitment process and i was into work within 4 days of having my interview. I love working for Edmen since, I love the variety of being able to work at different locations supporting different people. I like the Idea that I could move to another state and stay working for the same company. I enjoy very much working for Edmen and hope to continue working as a part of the team for years to come.
Pros
Edmen offer free training and you can view your roster online
17 May 2020
This review made our day. Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience with us.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Edmen Community Staffing Solutions?
Amazing company with great management -friendly team - amazing coordinators - speedy recruitment - great pay - understanding people - amazing job to do
17 May 2020
Thanks so much for your lovely review. We are glad there are so many things you like about working with Edmen.
Quick recruitment process, my consultant was very easy to talk to and helpful with any questions i had regarding the position i was applying for. Hours and pay rates are very good!
17 May 2020
Thank you for your 5 star review. We're glad you've had a positive experience working with Edmen.
The team at Edmen are very supportive and make me feel like a valued employee and not a number My Service Coordinator is always helpful and available to take my call if I have any issues or questions
17 May 2020
Thanks for your amazing review. We're glad you feel supported by the Edmen Team.
Worked here for over 4yrs. Was contracted out to one company that whole time and they assist in helping you get a permanent role within those companies. Sometimes they would ignore when you said you were unavailable and rostered you anyway, this would cause tension and shifts would suddenly drop off until they needed you again. Could be more support when incidents happen this could make work/life difficult. Would be nice if they organized staff get togethers for those who do 1:1 work Always send birthday and xmas cards. I enjoyed the clients i worked with, barely saw other staff so that made it quite lonely.
17 May 2020
Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry that you had a negative experience in regards to support. We invite you to contact us at queries@edmen.com.au so we may discuss your specific personal experience with Edmen. We're glad you enjoyed working with Edmen overall.
Worked with an agency before. This one is good though has an app you can communicate through. Lots of calls after hours for work though and lots off emergency calls for shifts starting soon but if you wan tthat kind of work and have flexibility then you'll make money and enjoy your work.
17 May 2020
Thanks for your kind review and we're glad you really like the app. We have actually added some updates including the ability to update your availability and accept shifts.
It is an agency but it is better than my last agency job. Hopefully more work to come. Responsive and easy to engage with and would recommend them as an agency to work with
17 May 2020
Thanks for your kind words and glad that you could easily engage with us.
i have enjoyed my time with Edmen, my roster was always on time as well as the staff we had a very good rapport during my time . i would have continue with Edmen but i have moved interstate
11 November 2019
Great to hear! Thank you for your time in sending this feedback.
Totally unpredictable work patterns. One week I get 40+ hours, next i will only get 12. Edmen tend to go below the legal minimum of two hours for a shift for example, one of the shifts are only 1 hour. That will be all for the day. Advert for staff saying "No short shifts, over 30 hours available per week"
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Not enough hours
8 October 2019
Here at Edmen we value everyone’s opinions and we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss further with our team, please contact 1300 665 880 and ask for Service Delivery Manager Fofoga.
Edmen are a good company with constant communication almost every day (Or when required). Staff that I was in contact with, in particular my coordinators at the time were always willing to talk or email between office hours. The after hours server was also a pleasure to communicate with.
Pros
Varying houses and clients meaning good opportunity for extra shifts.
Cons
Shifts are often canceled and at short notice which is inconvenient, however this is due to the client company management changing the shifts, not Edmen, Short 3 hour shifts were also annoying and almost always given to the same staff
12 August 2019
Thank you for your time in providing this feedback! We are so pleased to hear your great experience.
They required lots of online tests, to meet their requirements even though I already had the industry standard qualifications, then one week of orientation hours, then one shift a week, then no shifts per week, whilst they continue to advertise for more workers on seek and indeed, they are an industry disgrace.
Pros
award wages
Cons
few shifts if any at all
29 July 2019
We are sorry to hear that. We value everyone’s opinions and if you would like to discuss further with our team, please contact 1300 665 880 and ask for Service Delivery Manager Fofoga.
They like you if they want to give you work but if life happens and you tend to have problems they just do not care. They do not have proper supports for employees considering the work there can be quite stressful. Coordinators are very personal making the work culture very bad.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
No employee support, less professionalism
29 July 2019
We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a positive experience whilst working with us. We value your opinion and if you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact Service Delivery Manager Taylor on 1300 665 880.
I was really going to give this job a try, even though I had no experience and I was told I was gonna be there by myself, without another carer to show me how to do the job, and without having received any training (just an online test with multiple choice). They put my shifts in the online timesheet software (3 hours for the whole week), with the promise they will put more, and also with the promise they will give me the addresses of these clients with their job descriptions as I made them notice they haven't provided me with any info AT ALL. My first day finally arrived and consisted in doing home care for the first hour and then personal care for the second hour. Although, I never received the address of the client, or the job description, or any indication about how to do my job rather than "you just ask the client what they want you to do" and when I asked about how I should deal with the personal care duties, they said "oh you can do it with your eyes closed, literally. It's easy". Now, to put a vulnerable individual in the hands of someone with no experience, who hasn't received any training, it's an hazard for both for the client and for the employee. You can get hurt or you can hurt, cause you don't know what you are doing, and you don't know how to safely handle a fragile 90 year old woman. How can management think it's ok, it's out of my belief!! I wish the families of the clients knew that their family members are in the hands of such an organisation who clearly doesn't even know the basics of onboarding and training employees. I came to the conclusion - more...
Pros
Cons
Really badly organised