EF Education First
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from EF Education First:

EF Education First Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
Depends where you're working, but generally you're pretty expendable. In Sydney you are hired for 10 weeks at a time and can then be let go without notice. Pay is abysmal and holidays are not paid. Management know they have you by the balls. Working overseas (in my case, China) is better in the sense that you're contracted for a longer period and the pay is good by local standards... you're still quite expendable and they don't do much to keep you there - they expect you to re-sign with them but give you no incentive to do so. If you work for EF, be sure that you're doing it on your own terms.
The company has several effective values among them are Professionalism, Efficiency and Consistency. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility that the company offers for its employees in terms of setting their availability.
I need to work on weekends,but it's ok,I usually day off on weekdays.I enjoy this job,a challenge environment,I need to handle the complain from parents,
well, everyday at work is a new experience but with people that are so funny and a nice and calm place all is better, with the courage of everyday work i learn a lot about the culture in australia and much more.
EF was my first opportunity to work teaching English in a summer school. I learned about being a residential teacher and the challenges that brought. Typically I had to productively teach the students, in a limited period of time, the most appropriate English skills to suit their individual needs. This had to be done in an enjoyable and interesting way.