Egencia Employee Reviews

No training in house, and let go because I didn't meet my goals.
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virtual Las Vegas, Nv29 April 2019
They never took responsible and were not held accountable for not sending me to the training in Las Vegas, Nevada for 1 week like everyone else was required to do. I know and my supervisor knew that I was always at a disadvantage and missing important information that I was not given since I was never required to do the training in Las Vegas, NV. I was let go due to not meeting 1 if the goals for my job. However I was meeting and exceeding all of my other goals in all aspects. I was not constantly praised with positive reinforcement on the good things I was doing I was constantly berated with all the the goals I wasn't meeting. I was point blank lied to by supervisor by her saying I was on target with my goals and didn't need to worry about loosing my job. However when I talked to Human Resources after getting fired I was advised she submitted information to the Human Resources to fire me on the 19 of March only for my company to fire me on the 10 of April. Completely opposite of what my supervisor advised me previously. Pretty dishonest way to handle your employees and do business as a company.
Cons
They are too performance driven and are not focused on the positives of the employees.
Environnement de travail
Sénior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Courbevoie (92)29 April 2019
Très bel environnement de travail mais c'est un miroir aux alouettes.
Management très américain, avec ces bons et mauvais côtés.
Entreprise saine.
Il est juste décevant que les choses se soient détériorées depuis ces dernières années car l'aspect humain est aujourd'hui complètement sorti de la boucle.
Quant aux valeurs réelles de l'entreprise, on dit une chose et fait son contraire. C'est un double discours induits des obligations de résultats requis pour les investisseurs US.
Dommage!
Pros
aspect social et package financier
Cons
aspect humain
CHEF DE PROJET (Current Employee) –  La Défense (92)19 April 2019
Egencia fait partie du groupe Expedia Inc. Les équipes avec lesquelles je travaille sont très agréables. L'ambiance est très bonne au sein de mon équipe.
Internship
Travel Consultant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Göteborgs kommun21 February 2019
I got an internship at Egencia and was only there for a couple of weeks.

On a normal day I would help Egencia's clients with their travel needs. I worked with a great team that helped my when I was new in the business.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Environnement de travail agréable
Agent de voyages d'affaires (Current Employee) –  Marseille (13)11 February 2019
L'environnement de travail est agréable, que ce soit les locaux qui sont modernes, l'ambiance au sein de l'équipe, la façon de manager du responsable ou enfin les avantages financiers et sociaux.
Pros
Ce, tickets restaurants, Rtt
Cons
Travail rébarbatif, peu de perspective d'évolution
Great work environment
Executive Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Virtual30 January 2019
Egencia is great place to work, the management is very approachable and make you feel valued. My typical work day is busy however it helps to be surrounded by a great team.
Call centre with targets
Buisness travel consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 January 2019
Minimum training , unprofessional.
Not buisness travel job ...sorting out problems all day call centre with targets .
Bullying ,
Job not secure
6months probation to decide if they like you or not
Pros
No nights no weekend work
Cons
Bullied, staff being shouted at, targets.call centre
Ambiente de trabajo ameno, divertido y departamento joven
Travel Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Barcelona, Barcelona provincia16 January 2019
És una empresa que hace el trabajo ameno y que sea más llevable el día a día, el equipo es abierto, adaptable y joven.
Tech and Business Travel comany where one can grow and contribute
Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Paris7 January 2019
Very fast placed and technical. Excellent consulting management team and very diverse. A place where you are given the chance to learn and grow. Strong international environment . One needs to be comfortable with working with different management styles and international managers. A company that is constantly changing so ifyou are ok with changing constantly and enjoy adrenaline and a fast paced environment, this is a good place to begin.
Assistante administrative (Former Employee) –  Marseille (13)2 January 2019
Bonne ambiance de travail.Entreprise à la pointe de la technologie et en constante évolution.
Pros
avantages : CE, participations, Rtt, Tr...
Cut Throat Bait & Switch Headless-Rams
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nevada18 December 2018
I would not recommend this company for the flowing reasons:

1. Bait & switch on hourly pay & come to find various agents were getting all different salaries.

2. everyday there was PC related issues, trainer nor so called technical support were supportive or helpful....or knew how to resolve, had an attitude of "figure it out" & no sympathy making you feel like its your fault, had my pc replaced multiple times.....

3. Training was not efficient....not productive, not clear & confusing

4. The had their favorites & if you were not one of them "your out" ignored, least supported, helped.

5. Miss communication on everything....

6. When hired i was told X & when i got in, i was A (the opposite)

The company has potential to be great, but when you have headless mule's running the show, who don't care, have no people skills, no empathy, no want to help you & upper management does not do anything about it, you will loose a lot of great people. VERY CUT THROAT

If you love travel, love not being supported, like being confused, like the cattiness and no empathy approach then this is for you!

Advice to CEO maybe one day you will actually take the time to ask the actual employees face to face how to make things better (rather than relying on manufactured "reports & surveys"
Pros
Worth from home, Health insurance, Travel perks
Cons
Salary, Staff: Trainer, Hr, Manager, Technical support. Operating systems. Non-communication
Don’t believe the hype
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Georgia18 December 2018
First of all the hiring process is a nightmare 1st red flag. Interview was late by about 30 minutes with “system issues” this is a constant with this company. Then there is the bait and switch with pay, they run an ad saying it’s 18-21 dollars an hour. This is a complete lie. It’s much less. Let me put it to you this way, if you are at a call center paying at least 12 stay there, these people are completely dishonest, they prey on people who need to work and tell you oh you can move up and get a raise, also not true. I spoke to several people who confirmed it. Training, another nightmare constant system issues, not enough explanation of how to go to certain systems to do what you need for a customer. Then you are thrown out to the wolves with the every one is so nice and will help you. They really don’t care about employees just a warm body to answer the calls
Pros
Benefits are inexpensive, Paid Holidays.
Cons
Dishonest about pay, system issues, bad training
Great Company
Global Implementation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 October 2018
Great Company. Really enjoyed working for the company. The mission is aligned to everything that we do. CEO is a great leader and very personable. City of Seattle is amazing if you have the chance to work there.
Great Place to Advance
Group Air Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington State16 October 2018
Egencia is a great place to work. The Management is all about teaching and ensuring everyone reaches their full potential. They are very big on advancing people who deserve it.
Fast Paced job
Senior Dedicated Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OH5 September 2018
A typical day at work is relatively easy, answering emails and calls. Monitoring travel requests and email boxes is all part of my day. Work with the training department as an SME and I aloso update knowledgebase article for agent reference materials.
Pros
Work From Home, Paid Internet
Cons
Hours, raises have been placed on hold
filiale d une entreprise americaine
Chargée Recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Marseille (13)4 September 2018
Ambiance internationale et multiculturelle de cette société a été une expérience enrichissante.
j'ai apprécié d'avoir un portefeuille avec des clients de tous les pays ou l'anglais comme langue commune était requis
Pros
distribution de fruits 2 fois par semaine
Fantastic Place to work
Corporate Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Remote21 June 2018
This is a virtual . remote position. I love the work and the supervisors are amazing. I enjoyed every minute of working with Egencia through Working Solutions.
Great Job
Senior Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Home in Montreal22 April 2018
I thought Egencia was an amazing company to work for. I left due to being offered a higher salary elsewhere.
Learned to be independent.
Management was good but the hardest part was not having a supervisor working in the evenings.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Supervisor/lead agent availability
Hard work little pay
Corporate Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ12 February 2018
They expect alot from each employee, there are offices all over and they do not talk to one another the same standards are not followed. This place is not a good company.
Environnement de travail agréable
Billettiste et conseillère voyage d'affaire (Former Employee) –  Tourcoing (59)18 January 2018
Egencia (agence de voyages d'affaires) est une entreprise moderne à la pointe de la technologie.
De fortes possibilités d'évolution, une ambiance chaleureuse même si la quantité de travail est importante.
Management à l'américaine avec le tutoiement de rigueur; entretiens individuels, travail d'équipe, primes...
Pros
évolutions, écoute, culture d'entreprise importante

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Egencia. Our community is ready to answer.