Eldercare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Eldercare Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
Very difficult job as a carer, in a small facility. 2 carers for 27 residents. Running backwards and forwards, no help from staff in higher positions with workload. Hopefully if a tragedy occurs they will place more carers in place, but won't happen. Only concerned about money. And they are racking in the money, for the lack of services they aren't supplying.
Pros
Older Staff are good to work with.
Cons
Young staff members don't show team spirit
I learnt how to deal with difficult situations and the hardest part was people not turning up to their shift. The culture was amazing as everyone accepted each other.
Its a good place to work. The management with quite supportive. The process and policies are well established. There is a flexibility around picking the shifts as per own convenience.
Eldercare is good company to work. Firstly, Eldercare has many facilities that provide equal opportunity to every staff members. Secondly and most importantly, Eldercare has very good work culture, all the staff members are very nice. Finally, Eldercare has very good environment and management.
The opportunity for further development was always on offer. Leadership was amazing in the site i worked at, Trowbridge House, and staff themselves were amazingly supportive to residents and other staff members.
Pros
Education
Cons
Start 3pm help residents go to bathroom.
Spend time with them before their dinner.

Assist with evening meal

Assist and prepare the residents for bed

I learnt that every day is different and compassion keeps the residents smiling

Management wanted our input but never took action on it.

Widely cultual it didnt make a difference to teamwork

The parting as i accumulate grandies then lose them.

Making the residents smile and laugh and enjoy their day
Pros
Friends
Cons
Cut shifts and hours and still had to fit the work load into less time and no pay increase
Senior Payroll Consultant leading a team of 4 Payroll officers
Assisting with implementation of new rostering and payroll systems

challenging

Had a great payroll team

the hardest part of the job was working the long hours to reach the deadlines of going live with the new systems and Management setting the go live date before the system was ready

the best part of the job was the payroll team - they supported me and I supported them to the best of our abilities
Pros
working with a great team
Cons
very long hours
As a weekly visiting GP Nurse Practitioner to Seaford I am forever witnessing excellent nursing care and attitudes by staff and cheerful happy residents, most taking part in Lifestyle activities.
I honestly feel part of the team there. I'd strongly recommend working for Eldercare
Due to an organisational review all Administration Coordinators have been made redundant and are being replaced with a Business Manager with a Degree to cover 2 sites. I loved my job. I had a good team, a great site manager and a busy productive office. It has all been a learning source from day 1. The hardest part of the job has been this latest review and knowing that despite completing 2 Diplomas this last year, it is not enough to secure my job. I don't believe you can replace experience with a new Graduate who has no knowledge of aged care. I have been in the industry a long time and I would have dearly loved to stay just a little longer.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice
Cons
Insufficient funding from the Government to help run aged care.
I have built considerable knowledge and expertise over the last 8 years in Human Recourses and Recruitment. My skills have been applied within the areas of Health, Corporate and Professional Services and Local Government. Prior to this I have built significant administrative experience as an Executive Assistant. I am a professional, reliable and ambitious person motivated by a drive for excellence and success. I have a proven capacity to meet performance expectations and successfully build rapport and trust with clients and can work within a team or autonomously to embrace new challenges.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Continuous long hours
A typical day at work I have to deal with situations that the normal people wouldn't I have to shower dress and feed people. Working with people with dementia no day is that same so saying a typical day at work doesn't really apply for me since no day is the same. The management at my work are lovely people who are very understanding and have quickly became what seems like a family over the years. The hardest part of my job is when you spend every moment of the day with a person caring for all there needs to one day see them die in front of your eyes. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I'm helping people to have a better quality of life for the short time they have left in this world.
Pros
The family environment
Cons
Limited staff on.
Personal care of residents. My co workers were great. The hardest part was adjusting to the personal needs etc of residents. The most enjoyable part was helping people. That was very satisfying.
Interact with the elderly or the disabled. write up notes shower clean and housekeeping.
I absolutely loved my time at eldercare, it was amazing to see the pride the staff take in their work, especially the lifestyle department
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eldercare. Our community is ready to answer.