Electrix
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Electrix Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews
Originally a great place to work with great people. Small management team in one building in control of 90% of our activities.

Tried to take on to much work and tenders. Cost the company in the end as it pulled out of WA to focus on Eastern States & NZ works.
Friendly and fun place to work with. I have gained experiences in dealing with subcontractors and liaise with stakeholders. Manager is well experience and wants staff to be able to work independently
Structured work - workplace culture good
hardest part of job was the long hours and time away from home

most enjoyable part of job is that you were trusted to do your job.
Pros
Showed they care when diagnosed with life threatening illness
Cons
look after you in every way they can as a company when it comes to the role and also safety and responsibilities regarding the role also safety is a big issue working at electric
Had very little to do with the company mainly worked autonomously all over the state on customer funded projects for Western Power. The teams were great to work with and didn't mind putting in the hard yards when needed. I mostly enjoyed all the different locations throughout the state of WA.
Pros
The different locations and varied projects
Cons
Travel
I worked for this company for a little over twelve months.
In that time I was pushed from pillar to post to "help" the company out. People who started after me were given better options for overtime and working away.

The supervisors run on the idea that favourites are a better option than rewarding effort.

Management believed that the Industry would reward the Company, even though the Equipment supplied was average to second rate at best.

Think carefully before working for them as they will turn their back on you leaving you wondering what you have done wrong.
Pros
$ in bank
Cons
No reward for effort
Same as for Lend Lease
Worked through-out southern Queensland on a variety of contracts for Ergon Energy.

Work culture was ok.

Hardest part of job, Queensland is too hot.
Pros
Got to see much of southern Queensland
Cons
Too hot
This company has a great culture and good people management.

Interesting projects and a great variety of work.

Projects were well organized and safe.
Pros
Management Structure
Cons
FIFO work
Morning tool box to review the days work to overcome any issues that may arise. The sharing of information that me and my co-workers have experienced on different work sites, that may assist in problem solving a hard task and share with the management team to assist the completion of the job, that makes it the most enjoyable part of the job and that we have done the job safely.
employees were highly motivated and always willing to go the extra mile. jlhckjvhdscjkhv idhljhdjfl jul vhjlxzh v xljhvjlhv
Pros
good company
Cons
nothing
The management are good,

No job security of intensives to work long time for them.

More available work choices when there are low periods of work
Pros
got to learn more
Cons
Bad work
Learn A lot,Good staff to work along with,Also Good Mangers.Internal staff are real professional and easy to get along with
Pros
Good work Gear & trucks
Cons
long periods away from home
I enjoyed working with my crew and dealing with external partners, Management show lack of interest and support for field workers.
Cons
Long Hours, Never Home, No support
each day consisted of a prestart which detailed daily site safety bulletin, and we were given our tasks and works to be completed.
i had the opportunity to further my skills, and also to learn about Hazardous Area Inspections, the management was very friendly and forthcoming.

I got along with all of my co workers and made lasting friendships.

the most enjoyable part of my job, was working in a team environment, and being given the opportunities to show my skiils and complete the requirements of my tasks.
Pros
all flights and meals provided, social events
After many years and progression in skill this job had it all was physical and mentally challenging wich i think i thrived in that environment
Pros
good income
Cons
tough on the body
learn skills in testing substation equipment from fellow workers.
No help from management. Co workers very good to work with.

hardest part was communication with management and job allocation
Pros
Relaxed work envioment good workmates
Cons
Bad management
I currently work as a Senior Safety Professional with Electrix P/L in Health, Safety and Environmental onsite department at Roma Queensland with Santos GLNG Upstream Execute and Feed contract across all three Compressor Hubs and on Well Pads.
I have worked remote for the last 5 years, the past 2 years with Santos GLNG project SE Qld.

Working from initial construction (Greenfield’s) from start up to completion Hub 02, thru to Pre Commissioning (Brownfield’s) Hub 04, and First Gas production Hub 05 live Gas environment.

During this time I have lead and managed a 4 man team of Safety Advisors across all 3 hubs and well pads, including overseeing safety & training with a crew at Rolleston Coal mine.

The job has presented a variety of challenges and milestones for which we received NO lost time injuries across four projects over the past two years.

We are currently running at 213 days since our last incident (Minor FAC) on the largest project.

I strive for prevention results through education, monitoring and regular inspections with continual improvement to ensure focus is maintained to prevent incidents.

I have managed and maintained the Projects Safety Management Plan with all compliance requirements for the Gas Project in SE Qld under both Fluor and Santos recording requirements and am able to run a team of Safety Advisors or be a Safety Advisor depending on your requirements

Our project is coming to an end with future works inline however without certainty at present.

I am therefore seeking a HSE onsite Senior Safety position where I can be most beneficial to ensure
 - more...
Pros
Working with the men at the coalface
Cons
Contracts come to an end
as i was working directly with fluor my role was fantastic but as they left we merged into the main crew which was poorly managed
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Roster was too long
Good company to work and very co operative staff.
working on sites.

Technical nature of work.
Pros
Get to gather
Cons
Long Travel
> My day starts at 6.30am with a pre-start meeting with all employers covering safety, forecast of work scopes, environmental and health management. We then brake into our working teams and get the scope of work for the day from our supervisor. We then talk about safety and how to make our work site a safe environment for everyone including the public. We will talk about different ways to complete the job in which will save time, save the company's money and still be completed in the safety guidelines. We then load the tools and materials onto our work truck and drive to the work site. The leading hand will do a take 5 with the crew and is compulsory with every new task we do. Everyone has to identify any hazards on the job site and then identify what precautionary measures will be enforced to fix any hazards. We then commence work being thoughtful of work colleges and the public. Being well aware of weather conditions, staying hydrated or keeping the tools out of the rain is a must. We have two 30 minute breaks for the day, the first being smoko at 10.00am, then lunch is at 1.00pm. At 4.30pm pack all tools and material then load everything on the truck, clean the job site spotless and leave nothing behind.

> Safety is a most important on our job site with so many different power tools and machinery running around the job site. If we all have good common-sense and follow all the safety rules no one will get hurt and we all get to go home in one piece.

> If management is on their game and they are good at fore-casting, the job will run smother and will finish ahead of
 - more...
Pros
Christmas parties, ahead of schedule bbq
Cons
Traffic around our job site
The most enjoyable part of the job was my crew. Great bunch of blokes!
Pros
working local
Cons
hours/pay ratio