Element Materials Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Element Materials Technology Employee Reviews

Australia3 reviews
Productive and friendly work environment with strong support for career development.
The job is heavily reliant on building and maintaining relationships, with a typical day involving liaising with clients, as well as communicating directly with the fire brigade and certifier to progress projects through testing, inspection and certification methods. Familiarity with the National Construction Code is invaluable, with the role calling on building code knowledge as well as fire engineering expertise.

Working as a part of a small team in Canberra results in a highly enjoyable work environment with a friendly and supportive workplace culture, while the international presence of Element MT means great opportunities to develop your career.
Good working culture. Teammates come from a diverse cultural background. Knowledgeable manager willing to guide you through. Above average payment for a graduate with 5 week annual leave.
Supportive and diverse workplace with a focus on developing individual skills
I usually start my day early, and get the opportunity to meet and greet almost every other colleague as they start their work. Such friendly encounters provide an ideal start to the day. Working as part of a team spread between 3 cities in Australia, I usually engage in a quick daily meeting with the rest of my team in the morning as we plan for the day.

My work requires me to engage in a few ongoing projects at any given time. Therefore, throughout the day, I am usually in contact with individual members of my team, discussing various tasks. Being an assessment engineer, some of my projects require the development of analytical and mathematical models which, at times, can be complex. However, having other team members who are capable of helping with such tasks, and the ease of communicating with them makes my work enjoyable.

Within a period of few months, the senior management arranged several training programmes for the new employees, including myself, to build our skills in various areas relating to our jobs. These included training sessions conducted by overseas consultant on the use of specific engineering software to conduct advanced analyses. Therefore, the focus on improving individual skills is a significant part of the workplace culture.

In all instances where I have requested some flexibility with respect to my working arrangements, my managers have given approval without hesitation. This has been very helpful as it has allowed me to successfully maintain my work/life balance. This, in fact, is the most enjoyable part of my job.