Elevance Health

Elevance Health Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Showing all 5,789 reviews

Productive place to work

Great compensation, no room for growth, ability to telecommute. Must be willing to sit for extended periods of time with minimal breaks and answer 20 plus calls per day

Terrible management

Worst management, unless you are a brown noser you get no where. Be ready for managers to ignore you and micromanage you. New managers think they are superior and donot value you. Unless they favor you, you and your life is not existent. everyone is just a number

It depends on the role

Elevance is a great place to work depending on your role. If you work under the federal contract in the call center, you have absolutely no control of your time. You take your breaks when you’re told- not when you need a break. Be prepared to work weekends and holidays as the call center is a 24/7 operation. There will also be times when you end up working an hour or two after your scheduled time due to the nature of some of the calls. They do not compensate you for that time or allow you to flex it. The pay is about average.

Pros

You will be remote if you don’t work near a call center .

Cons

scheduling isn’t flexible. You will work on holidays including Thanksgiving and Christmas

Would not recommend

Typical work from home job. Very impersonal company to work for, management is difficult to get a hold of if you’re having issues. Callers are typically extremely rude. Overall, underpaid, not trained well enough, and I honestly did not have a sense of ‘belonging’ in the company. Would not recommend unless you enjoy a call center type wfh position.

Pros

insurance and pto

Cons

Everything else

Worst place I have ever worked

Worst place I have ever worked. They do nothing but feed you lies during the interview and training process. Once you’re officially working, it all falls apart. It’s the most unorganized and “thrown together” place I have ever worked.

Since the company is Big there is a lot of Advancement opportunity

It is a good place to work with a lot of advancement options since the company is Big and it allows to apply and move across the company. My only concern is the company is loosing its diversity from time to time. it makes me uncomfortable to see only south east Asia folks in one whole team. I have worked in a team where the team members are 95% of south Indian nationality.

I enjoyed working there and my work at home experience. I also enjoyed the employee incentives and benefits were great.

The most difficult part of the job was that new processes were often long and sometimes difficult to understand when they were first implemented. Changes in the processes can change regularly, you have to remain sharp and be motivated to be a self-starter/learner. Overall, my experience was okay....

Benefits and productiveness

Great benefits and pay. Everyone is nice and very helpful. My job deals with a lot of incoming calls from facilities initiating pre-authorizations, or anything related to the pre-authorization process. Management is very helpful and kind. Great career opportunity for growth.

There is a lot to learn but management will make it is an enjoyable experience.

Elegance Health is a great place to work towards a lifetime career. You can also further your education while you work that is fully paid for based on your participation. Team players and managers as well! I started out in Customer service but I am moving forward in the company and won't stop until I feel like I can stay where I am now!

Pros

Benefits, remote work

Cons

Pay could be better per your job role.

I'm better now

I've held 2 positions in 2 different departments. My first department was customer service and even though I absolutely loved my direct manager, the assistant director was making everyone miserable. He was very cold. Didn't care what was going on as long as bodies were in the seats. Emergency? Forget about that. He didn't care. You have to work in a department for a year before going for a transfer (unless management signs off on the transfer before the year). As soon as my year hit, I put in for any other department. My new manager AND director are both AWESOME! No micromanagement. They are super flexible with work/personal things. They actually care. I feel like I went to a brand new company!

Pros

Great employees

Cons

Your experience solely depends on which department you work in

Internal Audit

Horrible place to work. Management has went down the tube. There is favoritism. My position was eliminated with no notice. Years of longevity were rewarded with a job elimination

Training

Training was straightforward. Boring. A lot of info. Could have been more fun and engaging since we were virtual. Not that many job openings you can climb

Deadend

No room for advancement, even with years with the company. Hard work goes unrecognized. Micromanagement, lack of trust of employees, mandatory overtime.

Extremely low pay but ok company to work for

The pay is way too low. Work life balance is great!!! Training could be better but ok job all around. My manager was understanding. They had LOTS of IT issues.

Terrible do not work here . If you give it a try just don’t accept the sign on bonus so you can leave when you sign up for this cult

This job is terrible and nothing like expected. The supervisors are so slow , job is extremely micromanaged. I do not recommend working here unless you plan to have no off days, no promotions, no life and over worked . This was the worst experience. I love the service members who need help . It’s almost like working for a suicide hotline but your not able to help the person as much as you possibly can bc you’re being coached on what to say it’s very weird and inconsiderate to the person who’s dealing with the suicidal caller. Some days you’ll get call about school the entire day and the next call someone’s wanting to harm themselves. You’re not in control of anything

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, micromanaged, no time off, no sick time

Ok place to work

Unfortunately there are not many opportunities For advancement. Workload is high with no real relief in site. High stress and mediocre pay. Hard work/high quality work often goes unrecognized

Depends on your team

Like any other job, your manager can make or break your experience. I have great managers for work life balance but wish they were more engaged in training. They are too overwhelmed with their tasks.

Productive workplace

Good company to work for. Keeps up with industry trends. Management is always willing to listen to everyone's ideas and suggestions. Company is focused on being Agile.

It is 100% Remote

This is a challenging and all encompassing job. The main problem is Middle Management. You might be assigned to a good manager or you might not. It makes all of the difference. It is a very long day and you are monitored very closely. I felt chained to my desk. Metrics are so challenging! To meet or exceed your metrics you must work every second of everyday. The nurses were nice (but of course you don't really "see" them!). My take away is that it is a difficult company to work for.

Overall a good compnay

I've only just started but I cannot complain. The staff are genuinely great and the work can be challenging but very rewarding. There is opportunity to grow and it's nice that you can work from home.

Good company

Great culture, wonderful teamwork, decent benefits, room to grow, paid holidays. Training was very organized. My teammates are very helpful and management is great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elevance Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Elevance Health with