Embassy of the United States of America Employee Reviews

Productive, challenging and fun place to work
Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Guatemala City, GT17 July 2019
25 years at the US Embassy in Guatemala, may seem a long time, however my experience was a very challenging, productive, and demanding environment , but it was also a fun place to work. I had the opportunity to grow as a Procurement Specialist and Administrative Assistant. The United States Government gave me the opportunity to take training Overseas as well as locally on Policies, Procedures and US Government Regulations.

I also had the privilege to serve in the Logistics and Administrative assistance of US Presidential and Vice-President visits, as well as Senators and Local VIP Visits.

In my Job as Procurement Agent, I had the opportunity to procure a wide variety of products and services available in the US and Local markets following the US Government FAR and DOSAR Regulations and Procedures.
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manama, Bahrain16 July 2019
 Routine Administrative Functions of preparing Management Notices, Policies, Memos, Dip Notes, etc. Control all administrative functions to operate at the highest levels.
Pros
Cons
No growth in position
A good place
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Addis Ababa, ethiopia8 July 2019
I am glad that I worked for this mission at different positions for long time. It was a pleasure to work with American people and other citizens from different walks of life.
The greatest place to work and learn on daily basis
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Abuja4 March 2019
1. Busy and hectic
2. Customers first, Inter personal skills and diligence
3. Organized and targeted
4. Self-drive of official cars
5. Solving complex problems
Pros
Training
Cons
No study leave
Organize and Structured.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Abidjan, CI10 February 2019
My first Internship, It was nice and very interesting working with the mission of the USA Embassy. Most of the function performed was Logged documents and information and Provided customer service.
Diplomatic missions
Personnel Assistant to the Chief Personnel (Former Employee) –  Tunis, TN3 January 2019
I was hired to work in the Personnel Section of the American Embassy which was a fantastic experiences dealing on one hand with the American diplomats and their family dependents and on the other hand carrying out human resources and personnel policies, labor law etc...
Excellent work environment and camaraderie
Political Analyst & Protocol Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caracas, Venezuela21 December 2018
Working for the diplomatic community was an extraordinary learning experience, I would greet international and host country dignitaries, work as a Protocol Assistant, Political Analyst, coordinated and planned special official protocol events in accordance with protocol, making and sending invitations, supervised staff under my leadership. Liaison between Venezuelan government officials, business community and diplomats from different parts of the world, almost a small UN.
Pros
Paid vacations as well as sick leave, Christmas bonuses, awards and recognitions for years of service and for excellence
Cons
Short breaks
My best work place i ever worked with
Travel Clerk / Visa Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baladīyat Ţarābulus29 October 2018
It was a very wonderful experience to work with, my manager was a very good and very kind to all of us, he was there when i needed the advice, i was every day going to my work with a very big happy smile in my face, we worked as team, working all together to provide the best results and as required .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
1 hours for lunche break
Very prestigious to work
Senior Facilities Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nepal24 September 2018
The Embassy of United State, the name to work in term of high profile, highly security and discipline. Working in Embassy can feel like I am different world.
Pros
Great perks, OTs and training overseas
Cons
Long working hours/weekends and PH
very exciting place to work for.
Media Advisor & Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doha2 September 2018
media briefings, pampering media outlets and reporters. Never give a statement that is not 100% clear, otherwise it will be miss portrayed in the media. very structured working environment, great management that understand the effect of pressure on its staff. the great thing about that job was the ability to work with international media outlets and learn from them.
Pros
working hours, stability
Cons
law pay
It is a real honor to work there
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ME10 August 2018
Very high professional work environment. Strict working hours. Less opportunity for training. However, dealing on daily basis with the mission employees provides great experience
Management of Small development Projects
Project Coordinator - Project (Former Employee) –  Maputo, MZ5 July 2018
I was not a full-time worker at the Embassy. Our organization was funded bu the Embassy to implement a one year project on inclusive education in a district of the province of Maputo. I was the coordinator of the project, reporting directly to the Embassy.
Pros
Favorable reporting schedule
Cons
Limited funds for small national civil society organizations
High Security and Productive
Temporary Visa Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belmopan, Belize26 June 2018
Very professional and disciplined culture. Workers are productive and very professional. Everyone is treated with respect. If you are looking for a workplace culture as such, recommended.
Pros
Jeans day on friday
Cons
High Security
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, South Africa8 June 2018
Work is fast paced and attention to detail is very important. Work pressure is great and the rewards of getting the job done is satisfactory. I learned new methods in SCM and installed a workplace culture of work first and play later.
Working with different people and actually getting recognized for good customer service is the most rewarding.
Pros
Proffesional Collegues and supervisors.
Cons
Low budget
Economic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Velāyat-e Kābol25 February 2018
Embassy of the United States of America is the best employer in Afghanistan. I learned a lot and built my career there. I really enjoyed and proud working with U.S. Embassy Kabul.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suva, FJ16 February 2018
The working relationship between Management and employees is great. Management is very understanding towards the needs of the employees and address problems quickly and efficiently. The working environment is friendly and employees get along with each other very well.
Pros
Professional and friendly. Pleasant work environment.
Cons
Non
Great place to work!
Director of Information Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Tashkent23 December 2017
Spent 16 years there. Very friendly environment. Supportive management. Public Affairs Office is the best section to work for. A lot of cultural and educational programs. Very rewarding and motivating.
A learning experience in terms of career and personal growth
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manila25 October 2017
The first and last 2 hours of the day were generally hectic and kind of stressful. You need to be really organized to get things going. In this kind of work, I've learned to be open-minded and creative while sometimes complimented and criticized when faced with irate customers.

We have had our share of fun, parties and other social events. We had our teambuilding retreat annually if funds permitted where teamwork was emphasized through games and other activities. There were training opportunities for staff both local and abroad, and likewise advancement programs.

The thing I liked about my work then was that it made me feel accomplished knowing that each and everyone's role was important to the success of its operation. And most importantly, it offers a unique benefit for local staff to move to America and become a legal permanent resident and eventually, a citizen.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits with other companies
Cons
short of manpower, staff are burned out doing OT, limited budget
Awesome place to work
International Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Accra, GH25 September 2017
Encourages you to explore all areas in the workplace and take up additional tasks. Great co-workers however due to people moving posts, it can be difficult to stay in touch.
i was always happy each an everyday at work
Chauffeur Driver (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 August 2017
i have worked 5days a week sumtime over times on weeeken,i have learn lots of things since i started work at embassy i even got a chance to do online courses for free.
Pros
not really
Cons
nomally hours