Embassy of the United States of America Employee Reviews

very cool place to work and great local staff
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dushanbe, Tajikistan10 October 2014
enjoyed me being a part of that family for 16 consecutive years
Pros
good place to work
Great working environment with great people
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Kigali, Rwanda24 September 2014
I worked at the Embassy of the United States of American in Kigali, Rwanda as an Accounting Technician, before that I was working as a Bilingual Customer Service Agent at a security company.

I had to manage budgets for various agencies operating inside the Embassy and provide financial reports to those agencies. My co-workers were hard working professionals and together we worked as a great team.

The hardest part of the job was to get everything done on time, since we worked on so many deadlines but I always made sure I finish all the projects on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to when we expected a visit form a high official of the US government, it was always enjoyable to get to meet people working in Washington and work with them to make those visits successful.
Embassy of United States of America is a productive fun and great working place
SUPERVISORY VOUCHER EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Kabul - Afghanistan2 September 2014
I enjoyed working in embassy of united states of America in Afghanistan. its a great working place with lots of training, facilities, promotion and warm working environment.

I learnt Accounting and finance academically over there, plus couple of training like 7habits of highly effective people and 5choices agreements.
Pros
coffee, tea
Cons
short breaks and healthcare
This is a great job for those who need the experience and the flexibility
Rover Secretary (Current Employee) –  Manila, P0014 July 2014
Working as a Rover Secretary was a satisfying experience in its flexibility and its varied schedule. When I first started working, I enjoyed the fact that I was never working in the same office for more than a few days and sometimes, I worked several different offices in the same day. I loved it. I got to know every office and its dynamics which offered me insight into how everything fit together and made my work in other offices easier and more understandable.

Because of the the varied schedule, I always worked with different people and I was exposed to different personalities. There were some I liked and some I didn't like but it was a job that taught me how to handle things with professionalism on all ends.

In all, I would go back and do the job all over again if I could if only for the constant excitement it offered.
Pros
Flexible schedule; the freedom to choose and work in all offices
Cons
No paid leave or other benefits
Operates a Clinical Laboratory.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Manila, Philippines5 May 2014
Operates a clinical laboratory under CAP standards. Participates in all continuos medical education provided by the company.
One of the best places to Work!
Cashier/Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suva, Fiji7 January 2014
A typical day at work would be serving customers with money and talking to people.
I learned so much during my 18 years of service -- I started of as a Junior Accounting Technician and worked my way up from there --I enjoyed every job I held at the Embassy
My co-workers were great and we made a great team. We got so many awards for our teamwork.
Pros
great social club, we are like on big family, Great New Embassy Complex! Staff are all hard working! Beautiful landsacped partk!
Cons
Change of management style every 3 years
productive and professional workplace
HR Assistant/Visa expediter (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZ30 November 2013
professional and very well organized workplace, fair with everyone equally and job secure
Good Place to work
Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  Colombo11 November 2013
Enjoyed my stay with them.
I had a wonderful team to supervise and they gave me a good support to fulfill my task as a storekeeper.
Pros
Friendly and supportive people
Cons
Nil
Productive, creative and fun.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Islamabad Pakistan5 July 2013
Productive, creative and fun place with opportunities for growth. Highly professional environment.
Great experience
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, Poland21 May 2013
Great team and experience; great co-workers; learning new skills and adapting to Polish HR guidelines in comparison to US HR guidelines
Exciting and interesting work environment
Economic Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  Berlin, BE21 June 2012
Working at the Embassy was an incredible experience. There was a mix of German experts and American Foreign Service Officers. There was always something going on - a fast paced work environment.