Embassy of the United States of America Employee Review

View all Embassy of the United States of America reviews

A learning experience in terms of career and personal growth
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manila25 October 2017
The first and last 2 hours of the day were generally hectic and kind of stressful. You need to be really organized to get things going. In this kind of work, I've learned to be open-minded and creative while sometimes complimented and criticized when faced with irate customers.

We have had our share of fun, parties and other social events. We had our teambuilding retreat annually if funds permitted where teamwork was emphasized through games and other activities. There were training opportunities for staff both local and abroad, and likewise advancement programs.

The thing I liked about my work then was that it made me feel accomplished knowing that each and everyone's role was important to the success of its operation. And most importantly, it offers a unique benefit for local staff to move to America and become a legal permanent resident and eventually, a citizen.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits with other companies
Cons
short of manpower, staff are burned out doing OT, limited budget

Other Embassy of the United States of America Employee Reviews

Great pace to work. The Embassy family is more than one would expect. Get to travel on Company time and on Governments Dime.
Security Cooperation Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suva13 September 2019
Most of the time the work pace is normal. About 4 months of the year the work pressure is real like any other business just prior to end of Financial Year. Each employee reports directly to his or her Direct US Hire Supervisor.
The best job
Shipping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Distrito Capital15 August 2019
Working for the Department of State is the best experience of my life. I learn a lot working there in a Diplomatic environment communicating with several diplomats including Ambassadors. The best job ever.