Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

EML Employee Reviews

Australia31 reviews
Pleasant workplace
I enjoyed my time working at EML, it had mostly a positive and people centric culture and they were open to new ways of doing things. I can't talk as to how the culture is now as I haven't worked there for more than 1 year.
Great offices, approachable management and team leader provided great support.
My Team Leader was exceptional... very approachable, supportive and capable in her role. I worked within a high performing team composed of people from diverse cultural backgrounds and enjoyed the well-organised team building events.
Management are very understanding of the demands of the role and the daily challenges faced by Case Managers.
Collaborative environment that is fast paced
The workplace culture is incredible which for me, would be unforgettable. There is never a dull day at work, and even if there was, you have a supportive system within your team that can help. The hardest part of the job would be the unpredictability in a fast-paced environment.
It's a job.
The culture at EML is pretty special, it has a small business feel with large business perks.
The main personality trait you need for working here is high emotional intelligence. Empathy is a huge thing at EML.

Unfortunately, they focus so much on these things that sometimes it can feel like you are in a preschool rather than a workplace, disciplined for saying something that may hurt someone's feelings, not being allowed to sit where you choose, amongst other menial things.

The pay you receive for the job you are expected to do is nowhere near enough, but there are opportunities for growth within the company.
Work Capacity Special
Difficult job, little to know training provided, can’t believe I stayed that long, toxic environment and no support system, was made to feel completely isolated, too many clicks of people who’ve been there 15 years
Fabulous culture, lots of opportunities for advancement, great benefits
The culture at EML is great, we are like one big happy family. I think that's because management looks for people with the right personality traits to fit in with the company. Everyone is approachable, friendly, and willing to lend a hand.
A typical day at work as an Admin Assistant at EML consists mostly of receiving incoming claim lodgements and completing financial-related tasks.

Management encourages advancement within the company and offers loads of learning opportunities. EML goes above and beyond in the way of Rewarding, & Recognising their employees. End of month drinks, Calls from the CEO, and team lunches are just a few things that are the norm!
Lovely people, but not great pay.
I loved working at EML, the people were lovely but the pay was not a comparison to what I was receiving elsewhere and like all companies they're looking to downsize anywhere they can.
No opportunities
No advancement unless you are a favourite, they preach values but never put into practice, don’t care about getting workers lives back at all, only about kpis .
Pros
The people that work there
Cons
Team leaders and management
Absolutely Amazing
I have loved the 1 year and 6 months working at EML, unfortunately my contract is ending and I’m looking to start a new stage in my life. EML has been very supportive and an amazing company to work for.
Not recommended
The culture there overall is extremely uncomfortable.
Comparably to a high school.

Too many cliques, too many rumours and gossiping.

If you don't immediately fit in any way expect to be micro managed, treated less than deserving of a glorified call centre role or even bullied.

A huge amount of favoritism amongst management and staff

The pay isn't enough to tolerate all the problems there.

Forget wanting to learn how to do your job properly, they paint a world of support and empathy that you'll never see no matter how motivated you are.

Lazy team leaders, overzealous management.

So glad i left!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Good Culture
Great working culture, works hard to help you progress (where opportunities are available), plenty of training and development options, and with the business expanding there are a few new career avenues to consider.
Pros
Pizza nights
Cons
Salaries not competitive
Great Place to Work
Supportive and collaborative environment. Flexible and open to change. EML cares about its employees and ensures a positive culture with plenty of opportunity for engagement.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Nil
Long term employee with no reason to go elsewhere
I have been with EML for over 8 years and experienced many of the changes that have taken place over that time. While there have been changes in management and portfolios, the core of the culture has remained the same. The majority of people working here genuinely want to help people with personal injuries, and treat customers as individuals.
While not every persons experience is the same, the overall feeling is that EML has a great culture, and genuinely wants to maintain a people focus.
Pros
Great culture, focus on continued improvement in the experience of their people and their customers.
Cons
Not all employees experience this consistently, however this is a current focus.
Offered a great opportunity early in my career
A hard working company with key goals and values with employees that collectively work hard towards that collective goal.

Here I've gained valuable experience that undoubtedly I will be able to take on to future jobs.

The people working around me are smart and driven, which is motivating, and management embodies that too, smart and patient.
Pros
Distance to Wynyard, modern offices, professional
Productive and team-focused environment
Role diversity

Most enjoyable aspect was the opportunity to work in diverse teams, get to know co-workers, and participate in a weekly roster system.
Pros
Free delivery of fruit for staff once a week
Cons
Na
Great Place to Work
I was hired as a temp - 4 month contract. My manager is amazing and really approachable. There's a great work ethic. Technology is great - comfy office chairs, 3 computer screens and adjustable desks. Everyone is really helpful and the company runs well. There were 3 offices in Newcastle, and there were never any desks available in the main office, so you end up changing desks/moving between sites.
Pros
Free fruit & milk, morning tea's, morning & afternoon breaks, adjustable desk & numerous screens, end of month office drinks
Cons
Contract didn't get extended. Temporary office felt really separate from other 2 sites.
Amazing culture
EML had an AMAZING culture and was probably one of the best places I've ever worked. Would love to work there again if a part time role was available as I'm beginning further study in the January.
A culturally amazing place to work
What I enjoy most about working at EML is:
- Career development opportunities in a growing business.

- The culture, team work and comradery shown by peers and managers.

- Ability to be heard by others and actively contribute to different projects and initiatives.

- We genuinely care about our stakeholders and try to make a difference in their lives.

Working within the insurance industry can have its own unique challenges as at times we need to issue adverse decisions based on factual/medical information. Its great to see that systems are in place to support you during these challenging times.
Pros
Culture, career development, values
Good colleagues to work with, however poor opportunities to career advance
Busy work day from start to finish, however not very well supported by management. I felt the management had poor people management skills regarding their own staff, and failed to provide career advancement opportunities for all staff, often only supporting those that were within a special group the management favoured instead of individual qualities.

Staff were easy to build rapport with, and support amongst your peers was positive.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Expected targets for outgoing calls
Good training busy role
- Good training through my start.

- Welcoming team and supportive manager.

- One of the best workplace cultures I have been in promoting end of month work drinks.
Pros
RDOs
Cons
Busy workload
Welcoming and enabling
Management sit out on the floor with the team and this makes them more approachable and in tune with whats happening in the business.

Working hours are good and there is an understanding that at times the day needs to be flexible around personal life. I work pretty standard hours but see others with families able to flex as needed.

There is a genuine desire to continue to foster a small company feeling in a growing organisation which is mostly working well. People are friendly, hardworking and given enough responsibility to get their outcomes.

The tag line helping people get their lives back can seem twee at times but the sentiment is there from senior management all the way through to reception.
Pros
Approachable management
Cons
Processes and systems behind compared to growth