EML Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW13 March 2019
Supportive and collaborative environment. Flexible and open to change. EML cares about its employees and ensures a positive culture with plenty of opportunity for engagement.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Nil
Long term employee with no reason to go elsewhere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 February 2019
I have been with EML for over 8 years and experienced many of the changes that have taken place over that time. While there have been changes in management and portfolios, the core of the culture has remained the same. The majority of people working here genuinely want to help people with personal injuries, and treat customers as individuals.
While not every persons experience is the same, the overall feeling is that EML has a great culture, and genuinely wants to maintain a people focus.
Pros
Great culture, focus on continued improvement in the experience of their people and their customers.
Cons
Not all employees experience this consistently, however this is a current focus.
Offered a great opportunity early in my career
Program Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 February 2019
A hard working company with key goals and values with employees that collectively work hard towards that collective goal.

Here I've gained valuable experience that undoubtedly I will be able to take on to future jobs.

The people working around me are smart and driven, which is motivating, and management embodies that too, smart and patient.
Pros
Distance to Wynyard, modern offices, professional
Productive and team-focused environment
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 January 2019
Role diversity

Most enjoyable aspect was the opportunity to work in diverse teams, get to know co-workers, and participate in a weekly roster system.
Pros
Free delivery of fruit for staff once a week
Cons
Na
Great Place to Work
Claims Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW14 January 2019
I was hired as a temp - 4 month contract. My manager is amazing and really approachable. There's a great work ethic. Technology is great - comfy office chairs, 3 computer screens and adjustable desks. Everyone is really helpful and the company runs well. There were 3 offices in Newcastle, and there were never any desks available in the main office, so you end up changing desks/moving between sites.
Pros
Free fruit & milk, morning tea's, morning & afternoon breaks, adjustable desk & numerous screens, end of month office drinks
Cons
Contract didn't get extended. Temporary office felt really separate from other 2 sites.
Amazing culture
Workers Compensation - Triage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW2 January 2019
EML had an AMAZING culture and was probably one of the best places I've ever worked. Would love to work there again if a part time role was available as I'm beginning further study in the January.
A culturally amazing place to work
Group Manager (Current Employee) –  George Street NSW9 December 2018
What I enjoy most about working at EML is:
- Career development opportunities in a growing business.
- The culture, team work and comradery shown by peers and managers.
- Ability to be heard by others and actively contribute to different projects and initiatives.
- We genuinely care about our stakeholders and try to make a difference in their lives.

Working within the insurance industry can have its own unique challenges as at times we need to issue adverse decisions based on factual/medical information. Its great to see that systems are in place to support you during these challenging times.
Pros
Culture, career development, values
Good colleagues to work with, however poor opportunities to career advance
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW, AU5 December 2018
Busy work day from start to finish, however not very well supported by management. I felt the management had poor people management skills regarding their own staff, and failed to provide career advancement opportunities for all staff, often only supporting those that were within a special group the management favoured instead of individual qualities.

Staff were easy to build rapport with, and support amongst your peers was positive.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Expected targets for outgoing calls
Good training busy role
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 December 2018
- Good training through my start.

- Welcoming team and supportive manager.

- One of the best workplace cultures I have been in promoting end of month work drinks.
Pros
RDOs
Cons
Busy workload
Welcoming and enabling
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW2 December 2018
Management sit out on the floor with the team and this makes them more approachable and in tune with whats happening in the business.

Working hours are good and there is an understanding that at times the day needs to be flexible around personal life. I work pretty standard hours but see others with families able to flex as needed.

There is a genuine desire to continue to foster a small company feeling in a growing organisation which is mostly working well. People are friendly, hardworking and given enough responsibility to get their outcomes.

The tag line helping people get their lives back can seem twee at times but the sentiment is there from senior management all the way through to reception.
Pros
Approachable management
Cons
Processes and systems behind compared to growth
Disappointing
Claims Officer (Former Employee) –  Qld23 October 2018
Wanted to love working at EML
Sadly was not meant to be

Short staffed. Inexperienced management. Company slogans sprouted but rarely enacted. Longer term staff almost have a old school public service attitude and treat roles as retirement scheme, take advantage of EML * hint logging on and then having breakfast is not an early work start.

Long hours are the expectation
Cliques
No confidentially
Opportunity is dependant on who you are, flexibility and reward is somewhat the same.
Pros
Good salary but not worth a grave for
Cons
Trying to be too big too fast.
Too much micro management
Claim Adviser (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 September 2018
Very demotivating environment and too much micro management. No work, life, balance at all. A lot of hidden favoritism in the management and no career advancement at all. No transparency in the leadership.
Pros
Negative
Cons
Negative
mixed bag
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 April 2018
advancement if you are one of the clique/boys club environment - pay average to poor for what is expected of employees
kneejerk decisions by management - quick to criticise but not to praise
Pros
teams are supportive
Cons
it's who you know and socialise with that gets you noticed
Stressful and unrewarding
Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW1 April 2018
Extremely understaffed. Job was not at all what it was advertised to be. Ended up doing jobs out of scope for very little pay. Huge lack of support by management. Very demotivating and stressful job with no clear direction. Pay is very unfair - not everyone on equal pay. Not the type of job if all you really want to do is help people - the processes and lack of training and support make it impossible. Older staff are quite rude and unaccepting of new staff.
Management are not nice
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW27 March 2018
Team leader's do not help case managers if they have a question. Management,have their favarouite and that's how staff get promoted. If you're not the favourite you don't have a chance, even if you do know your work.
Culture at Parramatta is not nice. Rehire the team leaders and Managers then it would be great. Team leader's do not stand by their staff. They wipe their hands. Some team leaders are nice but not all.
Would i recommend EML, only to my worst enemies. Salary is too low for the workyou have to do. A thankless job.
Pros
Cons
Leaving
End of Month Awards
Underwriting / Crdit Control (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW15 May 2017
I strongly suggest looking elsewhere. Very little suitable career advancement and top heavy with management. Very poor leadership skills and there is a culture micromanagement. Insanely understaffed each credit officer has the duties of 3 or 4 people. I am so glad I left.
Pros
you start minutes earlier each day and in return you are provided an RDO.
Cons
little developement or Career Progression
Enjoyed working in this environment fast paced, fun team
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney parramatta27 September 2016
Enjoyable part of of job washelping co workers with their work loads ,assisting in setting up boardroom room for interviews,being a all rounder in office duties
Pros
One a month afternoon teas
Cons
Printers constantly playing up
N/a
Case Manager / Credit Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW8 December 2015
The support of Management is very good and it is also an excellent place to learn the workers compensation industry.

Would recommend to people looking to enter the industry
A wonderful working experience with good hours and good people
Business Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA22 October 2015
Employrs Mutual Limited was a wonderful place to work. The teams were supportive of one another, there was never any drama, and we even had some fun games every now and then.
Pros
A lot of morning teas
Cons
Some people took too many smoke breaks
Very good and helpful colleagues
Business Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA21 November 2013
Good care taken for the employees. Fast paste day. I learned good time management skills. My co-workers extraordinary kind people. The hardest part of the job - our clients sometimes. The Christmas and mid- year parties and the satisfaction of helping our clients.
Pros
Good parties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EML. Our community is ready to answer.