Empire Hospitality
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Empire Hospitality Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

could be a fun place to work

There is no room for improvement, were expected to work more for little money. However some of the clients are very professional to work with. Superior doesn't seem to understand what involves in my responsibilities

Pros

Clients are very helpful

Cons

seems lacking in management support

Fun place to work

Management is good and friendly you have to be physically fit and always groomed they have a dress code that is black shirt and pants. The salary you get fortnightly is always on time overall good day experience

Room for Improvement

When commencing employment you are given no company induction, not made aware of who to contact in terms of HR department.Many new starters, it is their first job in housekeeping and they are only given 3 days hotel specific training before being placed to clean on their own, no safe handling of chemicals, no infection control, nothing! You will be bullied by superiors and if you speak up your job will become difficult.The company and managers only priority is to keep the contract holder happy, employees and their wellbeing and happiness in the workplace don't register concern. It is a workforce full of unhappiness, self doubt and fear. There is chances to move up into higher positions but expect to be paid the same rate for more work.

Pros

room to progress

Cons

no induction, minimal pay, unhappy workforce

Learning culture

I usually start my work with some of the paper works and documentation. allocate task to the room attendants and supervise the room. Empire has provided me with experience of having patience at the workplace, dealing with difficulties, communication, and cooperation with the colleagues,'

Productive and fun working with very friendly friends.

It has been my best experience working with empire. Everybody is so helpful and friendly. It has been a nice journey working at empire from Sydney to Melbourne. Starting my first work as a houseman from Sofitel darling harbour Sydney to Sheraton.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Little bit a hard working condition.

Working daily cleaning service as 5 star hotel. They let to give us minimum 4 days per week. I learned lots of things about guest service But management team was to strong and it was stressful sometimes. I got salary on time + superannuation.

Housekeeping

I did not have any trouble cleaning the hotel. I cleaned 9-16 rooms a day. one room should be cleaned for 30 minutes. During this period, your work is complete.

Iam eager to get a good job an well paid company

As just becoz of low pay I need to look for good job an well paid company an iam suppoting My Family which I find difficult my job is house keeping thanks

good for first job experience

it was well managed and with proper safety procedures followed and well looked after the staff and management. very nice and friendly environment to work on.

One of the best and leading company in Melbourne

Staff memeber are very serious to work and have patience in work place. helps team memeber to improve the productivity of company. I have been serving this company for one year already and never had argument with other staff memeber.

N.R

Over all company is good but middle management.. sorry. Apart from this top managements are excellent and helpful and they are always available on phone call .

Pros

N .A

Cons

It is okey.

management

i am available at weekends. i have learned many things from there that i have to do hard work to get best results. Management system is not utilized properly.But workplace is suitable foe everyone.The hardest part of the job is to carry bedsheet from one place to another place.the most interesting moment is that time spend with my friends over there.

wasnt happy with this management.the job it slef its good but to many jealousy in the work place which im not happy about it

i wasnt happy with this company due to a lack of trust and jelousy at work,and also not happy with the management and the way they handle people ,so i left this job

Good to work

Enjoy working and provided flexible amenities and things required at the workplace .All the staff were helpful and can do attitude.we are fully supported by the senior staff.

Pros

Low rate lunch

Cons

Long h

Acquired some hospitality experience and management skills

A regular day start with free lunch at work, i normally start at 12.30 pm and my first task is to take care of all floors and make we have enough supplies for the hotel. The best thing i learn at the hotel is time management as my team relies on me for smooth running of operation. All of my team member are from different countries, thus i was able to learn about different cultures. The hardest part of my job was to deal with unhappy guests and i had to remain calm and be polite all the time. The best part at work was having the best team and good communication and i got to learn from others.

Pros

paid annual leave

Cons

does not relate the course i studied

Did not pay annual leave.

I worked for 3 months, didn't take any annual leave or sick leave. After I resigned, didn't get pay anything for my annual leave. Sent an email to the office didn't get any reply. My brother came to work with them, after 8 days training he got kicked out for no reason. Went to the office, also no explanation but promise to provide work somewhere else. However still have not heard from them after several phone calls.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

didn't pay properly

Very good company

But pay rate is not good they are not paying hourly otherwise everything is ok management is good . I got miii all experience from this company .i started my career through this company

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Average hours

possitive attitude with smile and responsible

I'm confident to the challenges under pressure with genuine manner. it is indeed a great pleasure to work with the colleagues in friendly environment.

Some supervisors need to be more honest

I enjoyed the people i worked with and met along my journey it certainly is a competitive job when i first started i worked every day 7 days a week for 3 months with people getting sick, transport issues and some just not turning up ended up working here for many year before choosing to leave.

Productive work place

I started working here in first week I came Melbourne without experience. Supervisors and Colleagues really helped me to involve to job efficiently.

Fun Workplace

A Typical Day Involved cleaning of guest rooms, vacuuming, dusting,making beds, cleaning bathrooms, replenishing linen and towels, mopping and making sure the room is ready for the guest to check in..

Pros

Free Pizza

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Empire Hospitality