Employment Office
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Employment Office Employee Reviews

I stepped in to help the CEO for 3 months up to Christmas while Permanent EA was being recruited. I typically performed all admin duties, checked emails, helped in organising an event, and on the accounting side I did all the bank/credit card reconciliations,paid creditors, and managed CEO's personal accounts and payments etc. I learned the ins and outs of Xero which was great and also learnt to use Drop Box, Google Drive on the Apple platform .I found the accounting side of the job and the learning the most enjoyable, and the learning experience especially useful for my entry into Australian working environment.
I found this role quite monotonous and boring. I went into the role as a 'people person', needing to be with people, which I clearly stated, yet this role was behind a desk, constantly on a computer with the only people interaction being through a headset. The days were long, the pay was terrible - but again, that was sold as a lot more attractive than reality. Constant micro-management was really off putting. A few relatives in the business that require HR skills, however, their unprofessional behavior is ignored because they're family - they make their own rules. I left on good terms, but I would say that this is the worst role I have ever held - in many ways.
Pros
1 hr lunch break
Cons
long hours, low pay, boring............