Encore Event Technologies Employee Reviews

poor manager, overall suck ppl to work for
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL17 June 2019
ran by poor, lazy, unmotivated management. if you want to leave work stressed everyday about absolute simple task then this is the gig for you. overall suck ppl to work for a typical day will be manager not knowing half of what is going on and blaming others for things that he could simply find out.
Pros
Cons
too many to name
fast paced environment
Business Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 June 2019
great place to work and develop your career.
very fast pace environment
ability to meet a lot different people.
ability to learn and adjust on the fly.
Exciting Environment
Event Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI15 June 2019
I learned the basics of how to setup audio visual equipment for corporate clients and I was able to build my skills with a fun team of people who all got along.
Fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CA10 June 2019
Lifting heavy items was the hardest part of the job.
I learnd how to drive big trucks with air brakes.
The most enjoyble part of the job was that a i got to drive to different places every weekend.
Mangment was good.
Pros
Free luches sometimes
Cons
No breaks when it gets too busy
Muy buena empresa con un agradable ambiente laboral
ejecutivo de ventas (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.28 May 2019
Es una empresa con un gran valor a sus empleados con sueldos competitivos y un buen ambiente laboral
Pros
sueldos competitivos
Cons
los contratos son por medio de una pagaduria y no son directos
Poor Leadership Equals Unhappy Culture
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV28 April 2019
This company needs help! Most of the directors are lacking in leadership. The company concentrates on the bottom line and not the employees who support the business model. The result is a very unhappy work environment. It’s really not that hard Encore, invest in your employees and the bottom line will increase.
Pros
Cons
The list is too long.
Great Place to work
OFFICE MANAGER/ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 April 2019
With my onboard hotel experience, I was able to develop and train the accounting procedures for this company to operate within the Hospitality Environment. I was given full autonomy to develop and train other staff members to create orders, edit orders, code properly for billing, invoice customers and the host hotel. As well as close and audit at least $500,000 per 30 day period,
Pros
Great work Culture, Full confidence in my ability and training skills
Productive workplace
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 April 2019
Set rooms and ballrooms
Tech shows if needed
Hardest part about the job is dealing with the hotel staff and turning rooms quickly.
Easy tasks
Most enjoyable part is always moving around to do different tasks.
Pros
15 Pto Days, Is not always stressful
Cons
Schedule is always random, Pay raises are low, slow winters with less hours
Great Place to work
Lead AV Tech (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI8 April 2019
It is a learning work environment for this industry. It has allowed me to grow and given me more skills in various levels of the business. Management provides very open lines of communication.
Your team is only as good as your management
A/V Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 March 2019
Encore is a great company and my co-workers did what was expected of them. There was often a lot of miscommunication between management and operations which made it harder for technicians to do their job effectively. If you have great managers that communicate effectively, your job as a tech will be smooth.
Pros
Free lunches
A great place to start working. A tough place to continue working.
Senior Sales and Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV5 March 2019
10 Hours a day 6 days a week.
You do learn about event production albiet by getting pushed right into events, very little training.
Management can be good but mostly moved into their postions based on need and not skill.
Good moral between technicians, administation and managers.
The hardest part of the job is being very short on staff.
The greatest part of the job is getting to produce large events.
Pros
Good event production experience
Cons
Poor work environment
Fun awesome place to work for
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV19 February 2019
I love setting up conference rooms, employees and leads are just , always there to help no matter what awesome experience and environment, good pay good hours
Pros
Good pay
Cons
None at all
Great crew and staff to work with
E, I &T Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV17 February 2019
A typical day at work is fast paced, must be a multi tasker and self motivated. The workplace culture offers diversity, learning opportunities and growth.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Salary too low
Everything from presentation services to Hollywood galas!!
Event Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA14 February 2019
Encore is one of the giants in resort and expo floor audiovisual, from custom design to industry standard execution, there is a reason why anybody would be quick to recognize the encore company name
Great company
Director of Event Technology (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL8 February 2019
I have been with Encore for over six years now and I love it. I have been promoted from Event Technician to my current role as Director of Event Technologies. Encore loves to promote from within and I am proof of that. I genuinely love my job, love my management team, and love this company.
all in all fun and good place to work
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV29 January 2019
great people to work with
management not to great
hardest part of the job is the amount of down time
I would recommend working here

pro- great people
cons- poor management
Untrustworthy
Stagehand (Former Employee) –  Las vegas28 January 2019
I "received" 10 pay hacks from encore and 5 of them werent not the correct amount, all of them were missing money so it is impossible that this was done by mistake. And 2 of them were never even sent out 1 of which it took them 4 months to finally send it to me. Their pay rate is less than all the other companies in the trade. And payroll is literally impossible to get ahold of, I have left 7 messages and have yet to hear back fr them
Probably the worst company i have ever worked for
Great benefits & learning opportunities. Trash Management.
Senior Technician/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC Omni Shoreham Hotel28 January 2019
The job would be easier if management knew what they’re jobs were. Instead the have incompetent directors specifically. I would name him but he it’s not worth it. Just know at that property. The blame for anything will be on the Technicians whether it’s a rental order ordered wrong. Not even gear or clientele making outlandish request last min & not able too accomodate them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, equipment
stuck in a rut
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN13 November 2018
I was part of the first crew that opened up in the omni hotel. Back when i started i was told part time and full times employees got raises. I went from 11.00 an hour to 12.75. I was thankful for that. When i was given my next performance update, they told me i was doing great and told me what to work on. I waited and they forgot about my meeting. so i never knew if i reached my goals. when i confronted them about it they told me they stopped giving raises. Now I am the the last of that first crew. I get paid the second lowest in my employees but is expected to teach new people how to do the job. Luckily the old managers left. The new ones are better with sensible work, and scheduling. I've done my fair share of over night shifts. The job doesn't seem all that safe. working on high power cables, lifting up truss towers, scissor lifts. no healthcare. Things there just seem shady. the job doesn't help with my college debt. wish i didn't go. I was there for 5 years. it was not worth it. So i continue to look elsewhere.
I wish the new management luck. nice guys
Pros
Employees are great friends
Cons
you're forgotten. no real trainig
Productive and overall great environment to work
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC2 November 2018
Encore has allowed me the opportunity to learn a lot and to attain skills that I did not have when I first started. The overall pace of working here was good and the staff was cooperative and hard-working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encore Event Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.