Energex Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant/Coordinator/Stakeholder engagement/Customer Service
DEMAND MANAGEMENT DELIVERYCOORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD7 May 2018
Coordinate, supervise and manage staff with regard to specific programs. Enjoyed working with teams and acknowledged and recognised key staff involved in achieving key performance indicators. These were all met within timeframes and budgets.
Pros
Work/life balance, great conditions and salary expectations and opportunities for career advancement
Cons
Some management styles not progressive and innovative
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD31 May 2017
Working conditions were very good and the staff were harmonious
Work was continuous and most enjoyable and I got on well with all the co-workers at the time.
enjoyed working outdoor .
SUBSTATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD16 December 2016
enjoyed working in team enviorement on different jobs every day . management was always there for employees safety and wellfare .
most enjoyable part was learning new skills every day .
Pros
working outdoor
Looking for new challange
Procurement & Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD15 March 2016
Enjoyed my 10 years with Energex, I am seeking a new challenge and I am really looking forward to testing myself in a new environment.
Great support from team members to achieve goals. Rewards for job well done!
Training Delivery Resource Officer (Former Employee) –  Rocklea Qld18 September 2015
The most enjoyable part of my role is to work with other team members and to resolve problems at that level without the intervention of management. To have the flexibility to use your own initiative without managerial involvement. To be responsible for your own actions but have the support from management.
To work in an environment that is acceptable to change and new ideas and not frowned uppond.
To have the opportunity to have the opportunity to express and new ideas and to be rewarded for the contribution.
Most of all to work for a Company that rewards you for offering ideas to streamline or supersedes procedures that will help the company to operate more efficiently.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Unpaid overtime worked
A great company, good conditions of employment, opportunities for career progression
Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD19 April 2015
In operations every day is different and the challenge is to meet the requirement of the day.

Managing is relative straight forward but leading people is not so.
I have learned that people are your business and if you can lead them successfully then your business grows.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people happy and enjoying their role in the business.

The hardest part of the job was making change or making a change of direction, getting the people on board can be difficult.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good pay and conditions
Good Company
Works Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane4 March 2015
Great working conditions - clean work space, friendly atmosphere, safety record, sick leave and long service leave benefits etc
Family minded culture
friendly co-workers
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Productive environment to work in, would go back
BSS Projects Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD8 January 2015
Great people to work with.
Learnt new opportunities every day
Management were easy to talk to and were understandable when it came to family.
Can be flexible on the hours.
great guys to work with and a big focus on safety
Linesman (Current Employee) –  Cooroy, QLD14 October 2014
a great company to work for with a great family friendly ethic, although like most large companies management can become out of touch with field workers and some decisions are made that can leave you scratching your head, but all in all still a good company to work for there training and facilities are second to none there everyday job inclusions are terrific.
Great workplace, incredible boss
Management Support Officer (MS0) (Former Employee) –  Geebung, QLD1 October 2014
Loved my contract at Energex and would have stayed if my contract wasn't ending. Economy fall saw all contractors leave once their contract ended.

Atmosphere was great, people got along, lots of BBQ's organised, great work life balance and incredible boss.
Friendly relaxed team envoriment
Accounts Payable/Receivable Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Newstead, N21 September 2014
I am totally focused on excellent results for the company, working in a friendly team environment. To be encouraged to take on challenging roles and be trusted to have the necessary ability to complete assigned tasks.
To have clear procedures and policies to follow to enable the ability to achieve excellent results. To be rewarded and recognized to work above and beyond normal requirements.
The enjoyable aspect of any job is the ability to feel secure in that you are giving the company 100%, that is what I also find enjoyable, combined with a friendly environment.
Pros
Recoginition
Cons
Transport
Electrical Distribution Designer (CAD)
Electrical Distribution Designer (Current Employee) –  Cooroy, Sunshine Coast, Queensland17 November 2013
Have my Associate Degree in engineering and have time management skills. Design both overhead and underground network 33kV, 11kV and low voltage.
Pros
Good worker
Cons
Live and breath my work
Energex appears to look after their staff with safety a crucial factor
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Nundah Qld10 December 2012
I would love to work here as a permanent - I have met many wonderful people.
Pros
i'm working
Cons
i'm only a temp