Energex
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Energex Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews
Learning to deal with high impact inbound calls. Unlike anything that i had done, great team training and career progression.
Helping the public in need was tough but satisfying.
Now merged with Ergon as part of the Energy Queensland group. Ongoing work to bring the two entities together. Flexible working hours and good conditions.
Coordinate, supervise and manage staff with regard to specific programs. Enjoyed working with teams and acknowledged and recognised key staff involved in achieving key performance indicators. These were all met within timeframes and budgets.
Pros
Work/life balance, great conditions and salary expectations and opportunities for career advancement
Cons
Some management styles not progressive and innovative
Working conditions were very good and the staff were harmonious
Work was continuous and most enjoyable and I got on well with all the co-workers at the time.
enjoyed working in team enviorement on different jobs every day . management was always there for employees safety and wellfare .
most enjoyable part was learning new skills every day .
Pros
working outdoor
Cons
Enjoyed my 10 years with Energex, I am seeking a new challenge and I am really looking forward to testing myself in a new environment.
The most enjoyable part of my role is to work with other team members and to resolve problems at that level without the intervention of management. To have the flexibility to use your own initiative without managerial involvement. To be responsible for your own actions but have the support from management.
To work in an environment that is acceptable to change and new ideas and not frowned uppond.

To have the opportunity to have the opportunity to express and new ideas and to be rewarded for the contribution.

Most of all to work for a Company that rewards you for offering ideas to streamline or supersedes procedures that will help the company to operate more efficiently.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Unpaid overtime worked
In operations every day is different and the challenge is to meet the requirement of the day.

Managing is relative straight forward but leading people is not so.

I have learned that people are your business and if you can lead them successfully then your business grows.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people happy and enjoying their role in the business.

The hardest part of the job was making change or making a change of direction, getting the people on board can be difficult.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good pay and conditions
Great working conditions - clean work space, friendly atmosphere, safety record, sick leave and long service leave benefits etc
Family minded culture

friendly co-workers
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Great people to work with.
Learnt new opportunities every day

Management were easy to talk to and were understandable when it came to family.

Can be flexible on the hours.
a great company to work for with a great family friendly ethic, although like most large companies management can become out of touch with field workers and some decisions are made that can leave you scratching your head, but all in all still a good company to work for there training and facilities are second to none there everyday job inclusions are terrific.
Loved my contract at Energex and would have stayed if my contract wasn't ending. Economy fall saw all contractors leave once their contract ended.

Atmosphere was great, people got along, lots of BBQ's organised, great work life balance and incredible boss.
I am totally focused on excellent results for the company, working in a friendly team environment. To be encouraged to take on challenging roles and be trusted to have the necessary ability to complete assigned tasks.
To have clear procedures and policies to follow to enable the ability to achieve excellent results. To be rewarded and recognized to work above and beyond normal requirements.

The enjoyable aspect of any job is the ability to feel secure in that you are giving the company 100%, that is what I also find enjoyable, combined with a friendly environment.
Pros
Recoginition
Cons
Transport
Have my Associate Degree in engineering and have time management skills. Design both overhead and underground network 33kV, 11kV and low voltage.
Pros
Good worker
Cons
Live and breath my work
I would love to work here as a permanent - I have met many wonderful people.
Pros
i'm working
Cons
i'm only a temp