EnerMech Ltd Employee Reviews

Worst Place I've EVER Worked
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City6 August 2019
Typical day was very fast paced which I enjoyed. However, The Management and workplace culture can only be described as incestuous. There seems to be only 3 categories of workforce that they prefer employing; family, friends of family or friends. The salary is a joke - last time I was on such a low wage was more than 25 years ago. Made me feel like I was totally worthless even though the experience and qualifications I had gained over that time was exactly what they wanted, they did not want to pay for it. The hardest part of the job was going in each day and the most enjoyable was my last day.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Accepting their Job Offer
Very enjoyable place to work
Document Control Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 August 2019
Overall, it was a very nice place to work. My manager was very knowledgeable and understanding. Everyone made me feel comfortble working with them. I was brought on as a contractor so I was not there long.
Great staff, and even better work environment.
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TX12 June 2019
In my strong opinion, Enermech was well organized and very helpful dealing with day to day work life to even having better understanding with things dealing with personal lives. 10/10.
Proactive
Operations support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen16 April 2019
Was a good company to work for during my time.Learned a lot while there.training was informative.Good team players.still friends with ex colleagues.!!
Company Culture
Process Pipeline & Umbilical Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen14 March 2019
Ok company to work for to get an insight into the offshore sector, good work life balance however I felt undermined when my position was terminated due to the economic downturn within the sector knowing the people they decided to keep on.... quite ruthless IMO
Overall good place to work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX7 March 2019
The workplace culture changed a lot for the better the two years that i was there. It was a nice place to work.
There was a buyout recently, so things looked to be changing.
Fast growing but poor all round
Office Personnel (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City5 February 2019
Had Been at Enermech for nearly 3 years, in an office job. The Company is growing which is good.

No pay rise in that time, if I had it would of been a max of 3% (inflation) effectively meaning you're on the same salary for life. My role with the competition would pay nearly 16k more a year (left for that reason).
No bonus.
Legal minimum pension contributions.
Legal minimum sick leave and pay.
Awful canteen.
Building falling apart, toilets blocking, very dated.

Enpmoyees are definitely seen as replaceable, even thoigh claiming that people are there biggest investment.

They loose a lot of good people because they aren't rewarded.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, poor rewards, poor pension, poor office, no progression
Not A Team Culture
Hydraulics & Valves Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jurong East7 January 2019
Different individual works on their own. There were section but no team. Superior does not support and assist their subordinate, instead, just to pressure for more reports and numbers.
Effective company to gain abundant knowledge
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baku15 June 2018
The company's given me a great opportunity to enhance my knowledge, so I have become professional trainer with a wide range of certificates and trainings. Although my job involves variety of duties which make me crazy busy in work hours, it gives a hand to develop and learn new skills. In brief, the hardest part of my job is the most precious side of it. The most enjoyable part is being co-worker with such cultivated, hard-working people, so you do not feel any challenge, because you receive great help as you need. I can write more about the company, but these are my main opinions.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Lots of tasks
I like to work this company
Crane Technician (Current Employee) –  Anywhere11 June 2018
I like to work this company good management work good respected.oofshore job
I most working crane these why like to work this company
Be before work in Singapore shipyard after Dubai dry dock 8yeres crane tech
Enermech is a good place to work and the guys are great to work with
Workshop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen11 June 2018
I do enjoy Enermech but the wage structure needs improving along with the career progression. I feel as if I can’t go any further in my career here in the near future.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
The wage structure is not very good and chance of progression is low
excellent place to train staff
Mechanical technician (Former Employee) –  scotland30 May 2018
good work life balance, enjoyable work, fast paced, various challenges on a daily basis.

apprenticeship is diverse a lot of opportunity for younger staff.
Pros
good benifit scheme
constant changing
Electrical controls engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Aberdeen18 December 2017
Always on the move the company has grown fast to a multi million pound company but still operates as a small business, its an experience to be sure, its a paying job.
Pros
non
Cons
pay cuts
Enjoyable atmosphere
Selected as Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol7 December 2017
Good rapport and camaraderie with colleagues and all geared toward same aim.
Varied aspects to each and every day with no two days the same,

Good salary and company benefits with an open and honest culture among its employees and employers and senior managment.

Everyone made to feel part of team and take responsibility for various aspects of their work.
Limited working hours
Pit cleaner supervisor (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk7 August 2017
Happy working environment , well managed and professional.Training provided at cost to non salary employees. Working at an as and when basis, often short notice for trips offshore
Pros
Excellent wage
Cons
Not enough regular hours
fast paced and friendly work place
Certification and sales administrator (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk24 July 2017
Enermech is a busy,fast paced enviroment which everyone works together. I have learnt lots of skills over the time i have been here. Everyone is really friendly and works hard.
Busy and productive environment
Trainee Lift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City19 April 2017
My main duties at Enermech were to help out with the process of cleaning and repairing Lifting Equipment. As well I was also asked to go over to shetland with the company to do onsite driving for the inspector who was working on site.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
career advancement
Ok
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  offshore1 December 2016
Co workers were a great bunch of people who strived to help each other and to complete tasks within budget and on time.
As with many oil/gas related companies at the moment a dark cloud hangs above which can be sensed.
Pros
Paid travelling expenses, pension, health shield.
Cons
a few
Worst place I worked ever!!!
C & I Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 May 2016
I took the job just to be exposed to Offshore work experience. Only got three trips, two to Angola and one to Ghana. The oil price became too low to secure further contracts Offshore. It was very nice to work on the Drillboats and on the FPSO. I met so many people from all over the world.

However, in the workshop was a whole different scenario! We were too many staff there. I worked together with the Valve Fitters and my Job Description was very vague. Had no office to work from.
Pros
Nice central vicinity
Cons
No Medical Aid and no secure parking
Good rewards. Low on ethics
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth9 March 2016
As this company was awarded many short and medium term oil related contracts the work load would vary greatly requiring job flexibility. I was employed at the Great Yarmouth location from it's formation in 2008 until March 2016 and experienced the increase in workforce to over 2000 in 24 locations word wide. Meteoric growth was achieved both organically and via acquisition.

This was my first experience of working with an ERP system which has been very rewarding. Much of my daily routine was performing accounting tasks, providing management information and managing administrative staff.

The management of EnerMech set ambitious goals which were ruthlessly pursued and created a culture that was often difficult to work with. A symptom of this was the very high staff turnover. Cronyism and nepotism were rife.

Although the work was often a challenge I made many friends and corresponded with people word wide all of which, in retrospect, gave great satisfaction.
Pros
Ambitious company with good benefits
Cons
Work culture