Enlighten Press

8: Enlighten Press Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews

4.6Work–Life Balance

Working at Enlighten Press is fun and rewarding!

I have been with this company since they began in 2015! Being a family business means things can move quickly and things can get a wee bit busy, but always in a good way! Having come to them from being in a corporate position in Banking and Finance for 11 years, I simply could not go back to working for a "standard" company. Working here is fun, challenging and rewarding, especially as the amazing Books they write and publish are changing the next generation of our planet for the better!!!

Pros

Working from home, flexible hours

Cons

Sometimes long hours, but that is still my choice!

Great job with opportunity to travel

Perfect job for backpackers or people that want to see the country, as you have possibilities to travel while earning good money! You get guided through the whole process and given tips on how to be successful on the job, depending on your level of experience. Travelitineraries were always made together with management, so you could request certain areas. The salary is good with extra benefits and you have all evenings and weekends off!

Exciting role with ability to travel and move up

I worked for Enlighten Press for 3 years as a resource consultant. I loved that there were so many opportunities to travel and work to the best of your own drum. There’s no caps on commission which is amazing. I was able to move up through the roles but I really loved my time as a resource consultant the most!

Pros

Work car, meeting lots of people, great money

Cons

You have to put in effort to get the good money but I wouldn’t call that a con

Unique opportunities that not many other jobs can give you

If you like travelling and learning new skills, it is a perfect job for you! I have been fortunate to travell a lot of amazing places across Australia, while making solid money and also boosting my resume.Management provides ongoing trainnings, so you are always learning something new and improving your skills. I can honestly say, that I have learnt more in this job, than in any of my previous jobs. Previously working in a international corporate company, I really like the fact, that Enlighten Press is a small family business, where everyone feels like a part of a family and you can actually make a change.The products they make are the best on the market and with great reputation amongs customers.

My opinion is valued & Creative and meaningful product. Freedom to explore the country while earning a living. I have opportunities to grow!

I like to have the freedom to move around while I work so this job was perfect for me. I'm also not interested in having to sell a product that I don't care about, so getting the chance to sell something that has a real impact on children's well-being is a great feeling. You need to be fit and active, which I love as I couldn't sit around in an office all day! I don't relish having to do the quarterly stocktake but the company seem keen to keep improving the systems all the time so hopefully this develops over time with better tech.

Pros

Cons

Quarterly stocktakes can be boring!

100% recommend

I worked as a resource consultant for Enlighten Press presenting their educational resources to childcare centres and primary schools. I joined the company with barely any sales experience. And left being able to call me very skilled in sales skills. This is all thanks to the excellent training session and management support they provide.The wages are really good as well. And if you put the effort in you will definitely earn great money. The job itself was a lot of fun as the educational industry is a great industry to work in.

Pros

Great growth opportunities, weekly training sessions to improve skills, good salary. Also, love the fact that there is always someone available to talk with if you need help

Cons

Most customers are very friendly, but some of them are a bit hard to deal with. But that's the same with any other job

Great opportunities to travel around while making good money

My time as a sales representative for Enlighten press was by far the best job I ever had. It gave me the opportunity to travel and work while earning good money. During a typical working day, you visit around 10-12 early childhood centres to present the educational resources. Most customers are very enthusiastic about the products. It's really a product that I stand behind.Management is good as well, their instructions are clear and they give honest feedback and help you to improve your skills.

Pros

Salary, Travel, Management, Products

Beware! Apply at your own risk!

At first the company seems great but after some time, they showed their lack of giving importance to their staff and treats with such dismissive and degrading attitude. - THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES. They will simply fire someone via a "message" without proper explanation. Talk about professionalism. - NO REGARD FOR YOUR SCHEDULE. First, they will ask you your available hours and days that you can commit working for them. THEY WILL NOT FOLLOW THIS AND WILL STILL ASSIGN TASKS TO YOU OUTSIDE YOUR SCHEDULE. There will be days where thay said they need you to work but in the middle of the week THEY WILL LEAVE YOU HANGING RESULTING TO NO WORK = NO PAY. - NO EMPATHY. They expect you to be empathetic to their clients (when calling them) and yet they can't show that to their staff. - TRAINING MATERIALS ARE NOT UPDATED, it is compiled but not complete and yet they expect you to be flawless at the job in a short period of time, they don't have considerations and will just fire someone without a proper reason. The amount of time and effort you will put in learning their processes will go down the drain since they will not help you grow, they will simply MESSAGE YOU AND LET YOU KNOW YOU'RE FIRED.

Pros

Legit product, rate is kind of fair

Cons

Unprofessional, no regard to employee, lack honest communication, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enlighten Press. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Enlighten Press Reviews by Location