Ensign Energy Services Inc.
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ensign Energy Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews
Great work experience with on the job training. The other workers were very helpful. Specialised equipment was good to work on. Learned a lot in a short time...
Working with a great bunch of blokes , Flying in and out,Two weeks on two weeks off. The skills and training provided for me to continue my career. Working in remote locations , accomodation is great as well as the meals
Pros
Paid training, Even time roster
Cons
Missing out on events at home
Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone . I received virtually no assistance due to no positive communications . Parts and tools were not readily available
Pros
Roster / money
Cons
Ensign did not encourage any friendship or mateship
good pre tour meeting verry good comunication with tool pusher and drill crew very good safety management by all
constant learning and training provided verry good direction for management, Good use of windowes of opotunity to work in with drilling program for maintance sheduels.

experianced crews help full work as a teem onership and pride of equipment

hot dusty comditions dealing with related problems

feeling of achevment compleation of objectives most every day

satifaction working as teem .
Pros
food and accomodation
Cons
hot conditions
Enjoyed the lifestyles of an even time roster with regards to family life. Being able to participate in and make changes at work and at home having the timeframe to follow the changes through.
A typical day on a rig involved preparing and maintaining equipment for the next part of the drilling process.

I learned the importance of being organised, managing my time, along with every aspect of the drilling process.

Management was very approachable and dealt with conflicts and issues promptly.

The hardest part of this job was without a doubt being away from home for long periods of time.

I enjoyed the challenge of being successful in a notoriously tough industry, which was unlike any job I had had before.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Long 13/14 hour days
12+ hour days sometimes in 40+ degree heat. You need to learn people skills working with so many people. Being a FIFO job and being able to have 2-3 weeks off with the family after being away for that amount of time is definitely something I enjoyed.
Pros
Time off after working away
Cons
Working away from the family
Rewarding and demanding job with great support from management. Great people to work for and with and learned a high standard working alongside Chevron.
wake up and eat, make sure laundry is complete and done, drive to rig for pre-tour meeting 30 mins prior to commencement of shift, discuss work for the day and assign jobs.
do a hand over with back to back

work 12 hour shift , complete jobs if possible, continue with daily jobs and running of the rig.

hand over work to back to back at end of shift

drive to camp knock off
Pros
good people, challenging work
Cons
lazy people
very good work culture, money is grate, time home is excellent considering FIFO, management is very proactive, the work is very labor intensive but knowledge is gained every day on the job.
Interesting position, including trips to visit rigs in the field. Busy, filing, training, accounts, warehouse, engineers and reception
Middle Management was weak.
Maintenance support for field technicians, Preventative Maintenance in the Oil Drilling business is hard to sell as the Canadian parent companies have a use and rebuild program over 4 months drilling season of working 8 months of overhaul season. In Australia where there is no overhaul season the desire to drill 12 months is over-riding and clashes with Preventative Maintenance programs.
Working with the field teams and building a culture of customer service was enjoyable.
• follow instructions given to me from Rig manager, OCR and driller with daily operations and delegating jobs to crew members • Preform daily checks on all BOP equipment • Prepare all equipment for up and coming jobs to help with smooth operations • Assist the Driller with drilling & tripping operations • Relieve the driller for breaks • Helping the derrickman with maintaining the mud system, smooth operation & maintenance of mud pumps • Assist Driller with crew training & progression • Assist Driller, Rig manager & company man in any well control situations
We work 21 days on, 21 days off, but still get equal pay fortnightly weather on or off hitch. This is the best thing about this job, equal time rosters hard to beat.
Prestart meeting, find out any priority jobs or urgent work, whats happening with rig for the day, work around the drill crew schedule. Check computer for EAM maintenance work. Morning rig checks and walk around, speak to the driller about any problems.Fill out any permits required for work, working at heights etc. Advise crew of what work I am doing. Start priority and urgent jobs then scheduled maintenance jobs. Testing Items, Order Parts. Enter details of all completed jobs on EAM system, print off paper copies and file in Work Order binder. Research on line for manuals or product information. Assist mechanic on generator services, or hydraulic problems. My co workers are all well trained professional people good at what they do and good to work with and good team spirit. Management I don't get to see much of that, we have a rig manager who runs the show, all on site answer to him and the company man. We all have a good working relationship with our senior crew members and HSE on site rep. It's more about doing a safe job and looking out for your mates than busting your gut going flat out. Hardest part of the job is finding the faulty part or which valve control is not working correctly from the PLC or herschman plug etc. Everything on the rig is compact and squeezed into limited space so sometimes it means dismantling several things first to get at what you need to. This all comes with plant knowledge over
 - more...
Pros
Good accommodation and meals. Good tools & equipment and Vehicles.
Assisting HR, Management and Warehouse teams on a day to day basis.
Working closely with other AUS offices and sites... BWI, Cooper Basin etc.

Good work/life balance but I am now looking to move up and use my HR skills in a permanent role.
Pros
Friendly Team
Cons
No oppurtinities to further myself