Environmental Resources Management
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Environmental Resources Management Employee Reviews

I loved working at ERM. The employees are great, most if not all of them love what they do and have a clear purpose.
ERM tries very hard to invest in their people, unfortunately do not listen to the experts in the field when it comes to how to keep staff motivated and engaged. The regions are governed by a global team that thinks they know it all.
Pros
Brilliant people, open to learning, want to make the world a better place
Cons
Need to invest more in people, people managers need to be held accountable for managing their people
ERM Southern Africa is the worst company to work for. Work is distributed based on friendships. Yet you are required to be billable. Unsatisfactory performance bonus that is biased. Position based on race.
Pros
Cons
So many
It’s the best company, the health and safety of their employees is number one! They are always their to push there employees to make them better. They make sure family comes first.
Some good people work there and there is opportunity for learning, but the management culture is not employee friendly. More of an intimidating style that minimizes accomplishments.
Large environmental consultancy with a fair bit of bureaucracy and advancement is totally dependent on who you know, but there are many interesting projects and talented people.
Dedicated professionals in this organization and most of them top-notch in their fields. Lots of management support for those who are looking to advance but also who want to learn the business the right way.
Awesome place to work! Great People! Managment is great! Worklife balance is a priority. One of the best benefits I have had working at a company. Great location as well.
Encourages hard-working and highly billable employees. The company encourages self-starting employees with strong technical writing skills. High performing employees have the ability to advance.
Mundane tasks were plentiful for lower to mid-level staff. More varied, long-term projects were frequent. However, many employees, including myself, were met with resistance, roadblocks, and outright discrimination once one expressed interest in professional development not usually provide by the company or an extraneous life event occurred (whether planned/unplanned or positive/negative).
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Environmental Resources Management?
Was a great job! To bad it had to come to an end over liability insurance. I gained a lot of knowledge and am ready for the next adventure of my working career!!
Très bonne entreprise, à l'écoute et dans son temps
Etre absolument Bilingue Anglais
I was a contract wetland delineator on a team of two individuals. Our task was to delineate wetland and stream channels through the SW portion of West Virginia related to the proposed corridor of large electrical transmission lines. I feel like I was well compensated but my boss was younger and I feel, threatened by my knowledge base as evidenced by the lies I caught him telling other individuals. As with many large corporations, there is a 'pack of wolfs' mentality and everyone is clawing to stay on top. If you are mature, confident, and truly know your environmental science, ERM is a great company that is at the forefront of many infrastructure, maintenance, energy, and environmental industries.
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.

Far sighted management team, prioritize opportunities by letting go minor market and clients, focus on major industries and regions, organic grow through acquisition.
It is easy to get hired, and you will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks; but there is a high turn-over rate and no room for growth. Not a bad place to work for a few months to a year.
I did drafting for this company. Diverse projects using many skills such as goos judgement, mathematical calculations and new software. The only negative part of ERM was that everybody was white. Very few minorities.
Was able to telecommute! I was able to do more work in the day and facetimed when necessary in order to "put a face on the name". That was very helpful.
Worlds Leading EHSS Firm providing sustainable solutions to the world leading industries. Work life balance can be and issue, but also allows flexibility in schedule and work from home.
Plenty of work...too much. Clients are large and projects are interesting and engaging. You'll gain a lot of experience here. However, the company sets increasingly unrealistic goals which are only attainable if you wish to have no life outside of work. Even if you attain your goals, you aren't likely to be recognized or rewarded...it is expected of you.

There are many talented people working here, and I can say that I have nothing bad to say about anyone I've worked with closely. However, it increasingly feels like a consulting sweatshop.
Extremely busy environment and very health and safety conscious.
Work Hard and you will rewarded. Very work/life balance friendly. Majority of people very friendly.
Pros
Office Get togethers free
Cons
Can be long hours
High pace, frequent travel, and demanding, worry constantly regarding billable work. Management has an unrealistic expectation regarding billable work. Personnel at my level have no control of how much billable work the company brings.
Pros
Work independence
Cons
High travel demands, constant unrealisic pressure from management to be fully billable
Work based off of billability. Consulting is a tough field because of that and if you don't have a lengthy work history it's hard to find constant work. Compared to my peers, I was given the grunt work that nobody wanted and the impending doom of being fired due to not having 100% billable time. Very stressful but I think that's how all consulting firms are.
Pros
Felxible, work from home, cool experiences, etc.
Cons
Stressful work, cutthroat industry, etc.